[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
nice, whyzor.
Personally my phone runs anywhere from 3 hours to several days on a charge.
currently on mirage1010 build.
I get just a few hours of super-heavy use with streaming flash video and downloading, or a few days when I kill all the background services I don't ever use, put in airplane mode while sleeping, and turn off data when I remember I'm not using it.
I'm really enjoying the iho builds and the helpfulness of the builders while I'm still trying to figure out how to properly roll my own.
Big thanks and props to BobZhome, Mrg666, JerryScript, and of course Blarf for making this happen.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Hah nice, over a week, how did those settings work on stock?

Sent from my Optimus V running IHO Android 2.3.7

I rooted & installed IHO pretty soon after I got the OV, was only on stock for maybe 2 weeks, so not sure. I'm guessing it may not be as good since without root VM's crapware is always running. Also the CPU frequencies can't be changed. I don't think anyone's ever reached 11 days on one charge before, on any ROM :)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I rooted & installed IHO pretty soon after I got the OV, was only on stock for maybe 2 weeks, so not sure. I'm guessing it may not be as good since without root VM's crapware is always running. Also the CPU frequencies can't be changed. I don't think anyone's ever reached 11 days on one charge before, on any ROM :)

I got over 7 days on less than 30% battery use with aospCmod once, but it was in airplane mode the whole time :p (my service was off because I couldn't afford to pay Virgin Mobile for that week)
sorry , off topic. had to brag, though

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
My battery maybe lasts 18 hours straight (estimate) with data (No 3g :/ ) and a little music playing, light texting, some phone calls, and minimal screen brightness, about 6-8 hours are spent in my pocket doing nothing though. Used to be a lot worst.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed Mrg666's 1010201 build. My wifi settings are stuck on "Always on" no matter what gui setting I choose.

I wonder if this was caused by google's backup and restore functions restoring my old settings. I prefer to use the wifi sleep policy "Never when plugged in." but I was using the always on before I flashed.

Anyway to ADB into the phone and clear whose settings?

Never mind. It sorted itself out after a day. Its very fast to reconnect now too.

anon(344696)

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Came over to this ROM from Bumblebee 2.4...and all I have to say is Sham-wow. Beautiful!

- Quick noob question. How can I UNinstall the boot sounds? I don't like them at all, and I installed them from the recovery.

[Edit]
Nevermind just reflashed.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have uploaded the 10142011 build to the Wiki.

I have synced with CM and there are very few changes/fixes. You can see the main changes since 10102011 here.

There are two other changes outside CM repo.

We owe a big thanks to BobZhome for his latest kernel v3.2 which is included in this build with the following changes: cifs module is included, interactive governor added back, LG headset sources compiled in the kernel

I have tested this kernel since three days and did not see any problems with it. I was happy to see that interactive governor was added back since, unlike interactiveX, it does not limit the CPU with the minimum frequency when the screen is off. I don't use cifs module but it is there if you find it useful. Lastly, LG headset code did not make any difference for me since I am not a headset user. So, you might want to give your feedback if you can test this kernel with your headset.

Second, I have upgraded my build station to Ubuntu 11.10 64bit and this is the first build in that system. It was a very smooth transition without any issues.

You can use the transparency theme from 10102011 build (not earlier) with this one as well. That theme is in the same Wiki page in the optional files section.

As always, thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, and the CM team. Enjoy!

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I have uploaded the 10142011 build to the Wiki.

I have synced with CM and there are very few changes/fixes. You can see the main changes since 10102011 here.

There are two other changes outside CM repo.

We owe a big thanks to BobZhome for his latest kernel v3.2 which is included in this build with the following changes: cifs module is included, interactive governor added back, LG headset sources compiled in the kernel

I have tested this kernel since three days and did not see any problems with it. I was happy to see that interactive governor was added back since, unlike interactiveX, it does not limit the CPU with the minimum frequency when the screen is off. I don't use cifs module but it is there if you find it useful. Lastly, LG headset code did not make any difference for me since I am not a headset user. So, you might want to give your feedback if you can test this kernel with your headset.

Second, I have upgraded my build station to Ubuntu 11.10 64bit and this is the first build in that system. It was a very smooth transition without any issues.

You can use the transparency theme from 10102011 build (not earlier) with this one as well. That theme is in the same Wiki page in the optional files section.

As always, thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, and the CM team. Enjoy!

does your build have better battery life than Jerryscripts? and is it compatible with the newer OV screens?.....i want to flash this

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Will we ever get the tap-to-focus CM7 feature?

Sent from my IHO CM7.1'd Optimus V using Tapatalk
You have had it for a while, if your on a new build:
1) Start camera
2) Touch settings button(top icon in landscape mode)
3) scoll down and touch "Touch" under "focus mode"
4) touch any where on screen and it will automatically focus on that spot
:-*

Reactions: bigsupersquid

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
This may just be a placebo effect but using wireless my speeds seem to be more quick and pages load up in a snap too! Was there any 3g tweaks added to this, I am using the September build of BACKside with the Green Machine theme, which is awesome BTW!:cool:

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't seem to have that option on my camera and i'm on the 10/10 mirage build

Maybe it'ss only a option on that specific rom? Idk but I don't have that option either.

It's on my build and it looks like this:
snap20110908_1427361.png

EDIT:
check out: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/about for info about all the cool things on CM7...you will probably find out something about your phone that you didn't even know it had ;)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie