[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

vince689

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Quick question...

I'm trying to use Go Launcher but anytime the orientation of the homescreen changes the app shortcuts don't refresh automatically. The widgets rotate correctly but the regular app shortcuts only reappear once I touch the screen. Anyone know why it's doing this or how to fix it?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Does Jerrys build have better battery life than mrg666s build and/or bobs build or is the battery life on all IHO builds pretty much the same?

Should be pretty much the same, we all use the same kernel built by bob. There may be some slight differences based on packages included, but the difference would be minimal.

Reactions: mrg666

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Should be pretty much the same, we all use the same kernel built by bob. There may be some slight differences based on packages included, but the difference would be minimal.

Jerryscript can u please post a screenshot of your battery life on a normal day....i want to compare it to mines

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I am suggesting to stop all of the battery life discussion in this thread from now on. It is meaninglessly taking too much space and causing clutter. It has been shown over and over again that stock IHO is not consuming more battery life than it needs to. Just search the thread.

This is a smart phone and can be configured and customized in completely different ways by the user. Installed apps do all sorts of different tasks and syncs. As a result, battery life changes drastically in both ways. Here is an example how battery life can be with a special configuration.

Even the signal quality and type/brand of SD card inserted could make difference in battery life.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I posted this back on 9/13, which I believe was meant for you.
Please test it first...this is a first in building recovery's for me...use your broken phone first ;)
all I can find from 9/13, on both xda and here, is:
I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary
Changelog

09-13-11:

Kernel v2: a) Added: CIFS(Common Internet File System) module b) Changed: To NOVATEK_HITACHI - So new Hitachi screens will work. <--A big Thanks to CaptainShanks for all the testing!

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!

Builders: Here is IHO v2 kernel with WiFi and Tun modules: VM670NH_Kernel.zip
I could patch that kernel into the recovery, or pull the newest version from a current build, and patch it into the wiki recovery, if that seems less likely to bork things than building a recovery.
I think at least that'd be a good idea for the blackscreen thread, and I'd be happy to have the patched version put on the wiki to make it more universal. At least that'd be an iho kernel with the recovery that way, even if it wasn't built from scratch.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
all I can find from 9/13, on both xda and here, is:

I could patch that kernel into the recovery, or pull the newest version from a current build, and patch it into the wiki recovery, if that seems less likely to bork things than building a recovery.
I think at least that'd be a good idea for the blackscreen thread, and I'd be happy to have the patched version put on the wiki to make it more universal. At least that'd be an iho kernel with the recovery that way, even if it wasn't built from scratch.
My mistake, I forgot to link the recovery to my statement.
Here is the recovery: VM670NH_recovery.img that i built for you back on 9/13

TyMiles2012

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Any progress on the Vortex, the LightningC and Breakneck roms are pretty much dead, and they both weren't that good anyway, better than stock, but just not good.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My mistake, I forgot to link the recovery to my statement.
Here is the recovery: VM670NH_recovery.img that i built for you back on 9/13

testing now! thanks.

edit:
Nice work!
I flashed the recovery, made a backup, wiped dalvik-cache, boot, cache, data, and system, installed harmonia from zip, used it to read the forum, rebooted into recovery, and successfully restored my backup.
Works fine on my new-screen OV.
I didn't try it on the old one, mostly because it now has a different partition map (optimus s has a different size for /system and possibly other partitions I don't remember) and the recovery probably wouldn't write the backup correctly on it. Maybe, anyway, and I didn't want my funky firmware to bork the recovery test.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey Bob, the 3.2 kernel breaks the headset Mic. At least on the S builds
there are some different numbers in the mtd mapping in the s-version kernel from lg, just as an example of why s and v may not interchange kernels really friendly-like... I forget just which source file has those differences, I'll check in the diff here in a while to be able to say... there are other small differences too between the s and v stock kernels, and I doubt that the files have been "sprintified" in any version of the iho v kernels.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't satisfied with the previous release and just uploaded the quick-fix build of 10162011 with the following changes.

- Spanish language option is added back in.
- Kernel reverted to BobZhome v3.11 since headset microphone was not working with LG sources. Interactive governor is still included.
- Bob's touch-to-focus fix is included in the Camera app.
- Headset buttons keymap settings are included. Thanks to rcmarotz and BobZhome

You need to use the latest matching transparency theme which is available in the Wiki now.

Please thank Blarf, Bob, and Jerry for this ROM.

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having charging status issues on the lockscreen? Mine displays charged when charging and the percent is all symbols..it also displays SD card error in red when it works just fine and connect charger when at 100%?? Wiped and reflashed twice

Oops latest build of mirage

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having charging status issues on the lockscreen? Mine displays charged when charging and the percent is all symbols..it also displays SD card error in red when it works just fine and connect charger when at 100%?? Wiped and reflashed twice

Oops latest build of mirage

I am not sure what is causing your problem since I cannot see it.
screenshot1318865258849.png

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't take this wrong but why do you need to see it to understand? I described exactly what it was doing where..in your picture its the battery charging status..plus I am on my cell and either I don't know how to attach a pic or it won't let me

That is okay, I am usually pretty slow in understanding things. Maybe someone sharper should help you with this. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae