[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello Guys...desperately need help....

My phone has been working fine for awhile now..no issues, all has been well. Today the phone started to get sluggish and so like a typical computer, I thought it needed a reboot. Did the reboot and after the phone cycled, I was unable to swipe the screen on. Nothing I could do would do anything. I ended up pulling the battery to reboot it. This time it came up fine, but got an error regarding content of the SD card, think it was an Evernote error.

Told it to proceed and the phone appeared to come up fine, but after a bit all the icons on the home screen disappeared and the phone was froze again.

Did the battery pull reboot again and it came up again and this time I thought I wouldn't touch it for a bit to make sure it was completely booted and all was well. After a few more minutes I looked at the phone and it was (and is still) stuck on the CM7 screen. Meaning it had rebooted itself from the lock screen without being touched.

That is where it is at now. Sure, I can pull the battery yet again, but doing the same thing a third or fourth time probably won't give me different results?

Help please :(

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello Guys...desperately need help....

My phone has been working fine for awhile now..no issues, all has been well. Today the phone started to get sluggish and so like a typical computer, I thought it needed a reboot. Did the reboot and after the phone cycled, I was unable to swipe the screen on. Nothing I could do would do anything. I ended up pulling the battery to reboot it. This time it came up fine, but got an error regarding content of the SD card, think it was an Evernote error.

Told it to proceed and the phone appeared to come up fine, but after a bit all the icons on the home screen disappeared and the phone was froze again.

Did the battery pull reboot again and it came up again and this time I thought I wouldn't touch it for a bit to make sure it was completely booted and all was well. After a few more minutes I looked at the phone and it was (and is still) stuck on the CM7 screen. Meaning it had rebooted itself from the lock screen without being touched.

That is where it is at now. Sure, I can pull the battery yet again, but doing the same thing a third or fourth time probably won't give me different results?

Help please :(

Try to wipe data and fatory reset from Recovery. That may help your issue. Hopefully you backed up previously.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

Reactions: testshoot

gsrrr

Derp
Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Try to wipe data and fatory reset from Recovery. That may help your issue. Hopefully you backed up previously.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

I thought you are not supposed to do a factory reset after a custom ROM.

Thanks for the headset fix. Great work Jerry and everyone.

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

To be sure I do this right, I take the battery out again and hope it comes back up, and at least for a bit allows me to access the menu? How quickly in the boot process am I able to hold down the power button and get the menu with the Recovery option?

I haven't done this before so as many steps in the process I can be given, the better.

Thanks...

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site
To be sure I do this right, I take the battery out again and hope it comes back up, and at least for a bit allows me to access the menu? How quickly in the boot process am I able to hold down the power button and get the menu with the Recovery option?

I haven't done this before so as many steps in the process I can be given, the better.

Thanks...

With the phone off... Hold the home button, volume down button, and power button at the same time. Release the buttons when the LG logo comes up. This should boot you into recovery so you can restore your backup. Good luck.

~Azrael's Kiss~

Reactions: testshoot

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought you are not supposed to do a factory reset after a custom ROM.

That's only from within the ROM. If you have IHO installed you don't even have that option in the privacy settings menu. Within the recovery is where you do a data wipe / factory reset. It will not brick your phone.

Last edited:

loudcloud

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
a ext4 part will work with link2sd and the a2sd script i used the same ext4 on my prevail with link2sd and a2sdgui but it would be better to reinstall the rom and start over

Thanks for the suggestion, bg812. If I start over, is formatting the SD card with Clockwork Mod likely to work? I have the recovery file that came with IHO CM7 but couldn't figure out how to install that recovery (I found the posts on switching recoveries hard to understand)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, bg812. If I start over, is formatting the SD card with Clockwork Mod likely to work? I have the recovery file that came with IHO CM7 but couldn't figure out how to install that recovery (I found the posts on switching recoveries hard to understand)

Switching recoveries takes about 45 seconds. ;)

1- Download the recovery to your sdcard

2- Open Terminal Emulator (get it from the market if you don't have it)

3- Type in the following, replacing RECOVERY_NAME with the name of the recovery file you downloaded
Code:
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/RECOVERY_NAME.img
reboot recovery
This should install your new recovery, and reboot you into it.

manaurys

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You can open the terminal and issue the command
Code:
df -m
The output will give what you have available in /data and /cache in megabytes. If there is no space left and you believe that there are not so many applications to fill that space, I would clean wipe the system (including /data and /system) and reflash the ROM. I use link2sd and it works perfect for me.

By the way, your problem is not an IHO bug. Either there is a problem with flashing the ROM or this is an app2sd/user error or second SD partition has a problem.

i was reflashing the rom and now my phone get stock at the CM7 splash screen and it wont pass that the only yhind i did diferent was that i wipe boot by mistake and i dont know if it is that any help to fix this

manaurys

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
reboot into recovery and wipe /system /cache and /boot again, then reflash the rom

that was the 1 thind i did and it dint work i tryed again but it did the same it wont pass the Cm7 Spash it start rotating but then it stop

Edit: ok in like the 10 time a reflash my phone boot again to normal thank you

Last edited:

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
With the phone off... Hold the home button, volume down button, and power button at the same time. Release the buttons when the LG logo comes up. This should boot you into recovery so you can restore your backup. Good luck.

~Azrael's Kiss~

When I try to use the backup restore option, it says the directory is empty. I remember doing a Titanium Backup awhile ago, but probably not the backup from the menu you referred me to.

I wiped the data and cache, but without a backup to restore, what is my next step.

Thanks so much!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
When I try to use the backup restore option, it says the directory is empty. I remember doing a Titanium Backup awhile ago, but probably not the backup from the menu you referred me to.

I wiped the data and cache, but without a backup to restore, what is my next step.

Thanks so much!

If you have important data on your phone, reboot and backup your data first. Your contacts and bookmarks should be synced with your Google account already. If not, sync them as well. Then, just do a clean wipe following the instructions in the Wiki (don't skip step 5) and reflash the ROM and gapps (see the same page). Redownload and install your apps from Market or restore only the user apps from Titanium backup. When you are restoring the apps from Titanium backup do it one by one and don't restore their (just the app).

Before all these, I would highly recommend taking your SD card out, backing up to your PC, and do a file system check as well.

Last edited:

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
If you have important data on your phone, reboot and backup your data first. Your contacts and bookmarks should be synced with your Google account already. If not, sync them as well. Then, just do a clean wipe following the instructions in the Wiki (don't skip step 5) and reflash the ROM and gapps (see the same page). Redownload and install your apps from Market or restore only the user apps from Titanium backup. When you are restoring the apps from Titanium backup do it one by one and don't restore their (just the app).

Before all these, I would highly recommend taking your SD card out, backing up to your PC, and do a file system check as well.

Hiya...went through all those steps, and now I am waiting for it to reboot...been about 20 minutes and it is stuck on the cm7 page and the arrow never spinned around..

I can repeat the process again, but I don't expect different results...

So....what is plan B please?

Thanks

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have updated the MiRaGe ROM with 10222011 build. You can find it in the Wiki.

There were quite a few insignificant updates in the CM repo and I didn't want to accumulate them further. You can easily skip this update if you have the previous one already flashed. The transparency theme was updated as well since framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk have changed (i.e. don't use any previous themes).

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, Bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and CM team.

Edited on 10222011

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hiya...went through all those steps, and now I am waiting for it to reboot...been about 20 minutes and it is stuck on the cm7 page and the arrow never spinned around..

I can repeat the process again, but I don't expect different results...

So....what is plan B please?

Thanks

A few things to try.
- Make sure you have flashed only the ROM file nothing else (i.e. even skip gapps this time).
- Check the MD5 sum so that you don't have a corrupt ROM file.
- Check the SD card on your PC and fix (reformat) if the file system is corrupt or replace it if it can't be fixed. Backup first if you need to reformat the card.

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
A few things to try.
- Make sure you have flashed only the ROM file nothing else (i.e. even skip gapps this time).
- Check the MD5 sum so that you don't have a corrupt ROM file.
- Check the SD card on your PC and fix (reformat) if the file system is corrupt or replace it if it can't be fixed. Backup first if you need to reformat the card.

Hello....I didn't mention a step I took earlier, I had installed your ROM, the GAPPS, and then your theme program. I went through all the steps but left the theme program off, and this time it didn't get stuck and brought me to the home page finally.

I have already encountered an issue with either GAPPS or the ROM (or my brain).

When I try to install the Settings app on the home page (or any page), it forces me to choose a sub-settings button, not the top level button? For instance, I had to install the "manage applications" button, but could not choose "settings"??

Thanks again sir!

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I have updated the MiRaGe ROM with 10212011 build. You can find it in the Wiki.

There were quite a few insignificant updates in the CM repo and I didn't want to accumulate them further. You can easily skip this update if you have the previous one already flashed. The transparency theme was updated as well since framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk have changed (i.e. don't use any previous themes).

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, Bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and CM team.

Hello again,

I haven't ever installed a ROM on top of a ROM... We must have been out of sync by minutes, as I had just downloaded and installed your 10/16 version. So if I want to go to 10/21, do I need to do more than flash it on top of the 10/16 ver?

Thanks

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello....I didn't mention a step I took earlier, I had installed your ROM, the GAPPS, and then your theme program. I went through all the steps but left the theme program off, and this time it didn't get stuck and brought me to the home page finally.

After flashing the ROM, boot once before flashing anything else. Especially flashing the theme right after ROM before booting once can cause your problem.

Hello again,

I haven't ever installed a ROM on top of a ROM... We must have been out of sync by minutes, as I had just downloaded and installed your 10/16 version. So if I want to go to 10/21, do I need to do more than flash it on top of the 10/16 ver?

Thanks

Just follow the instructions in the Wiki but skip step 5 when you are flashing the new build of the same ROM. If you are flashing a different ROM, it is better if you do a clean wipe (i.e. apply the step 5).