[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Armacham

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
This is probably a dumb question that has already been asked and answered, but what are the differences between the Mirage builds and the backside mod from a user point of view?

loudcloud

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Switching recoveries takes about 45 seconds. ;)

1- Download the recovery to your sdcard

2- Open Terminal Emulator (get it from the market if you don't have it)

3- Type in the following, replacing RECOVERY_NAME with the name of the recovery file you downloaded
Code:
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/RECOVERY_NAME.img
reboot recovery
This should install your new recovery, and reboot you into it.

I gave it a try, and received lots of errors that look like:
mtd: write error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: re-read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
sometimes
mtd: skipping write block at 0x0006e0000
and eventually
failed with error: -1
:(

I have Jerryscript version of IMO CM7 (which, by the way, is one great ROM!), and ClockworkMod Recovery. Afterwards to flashed back to ClockworkMod with ROM Manager... Is there a plan b that is also easy?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I gave it a try, and received lots of errors that look like:
mtd: write error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: re-read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
sometimes
mtd: skipping write block at 0x0006e0000
and eventually
failed with error: -1
:(

I have Jerryscript version of IMO CM7 (which, by the way, is one great ROM!), and ClockworkMod Recovery. Afterwards to flashed back to ClockworkMod with ROM Manager... Is there a plan b that is also easy?

Either you have a problem with your partitions on your phone, or the recovery image file you downloaded was corrupt. Please try to redownload the recovery, and flash per my instructions again.

If you can't get it to work via terminal, try using ROM Tools.

loudcloud

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Either you have a problem with your partitions on your phone, or the recovery image file you downloaded was corrupt. Please try to redownload the recovery, and flash per my instructions again.

If you can't get it to work via terminal, try using ROM Tools.

OK, I got it to work, thnkx for your help. Turns out, the link to Blarf's recovery on 1st page of this thread, is no good. I receive 1 kb file, tried it many times. The recovery below it, aospCWMod, worked fine. So is aospCWMod a good recovery to use with your ROM to start over and reformat the SD card again?

Last edited:

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing this? Once a day or so the browser stops responding. It wont load pages or refresh, opening and closing windows doesnt help. The only way to fix it is to force close the browser process and then start it again. Running Mrg666's 10/16 build

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing this? Once a day or so the browser stops responding. It wont load pages or refresh, opening and closing windows doesnt help. The only way to fix it is to force close the browser process and then start it again. Running Mrg666's 10/16 build

I am also experiencing this

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Same problem here also

prime0025

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Same problem here but Dolphin Browser HD works perfectly with no issues and to some may even be better than the stock browser.

Reactions: economichitman

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the most recent CM a couple days ago, and I just ran into a problem. For some reason, it's not letting me edit any of my screens anymore. When I long press the screen, it vibrates, but that's it. Nothing comes up. Help?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the most recent CM a couple days ago, and I just ran into a problem. For some reason, it's not letting me edit any of my screens anymore. When I long press the screen, it vibrates, but that's it. Nothing comes up. Help?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Have you rebooted your phone since installing the update? Mine had the same problem until l rebooted. Everything has worked fine since then.

HondaDNA95

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having problems with Pandora skipping? I flashed from aospCM7 to CM7.1.0.1-BobZ and now when ever Pandora plays it skips also the screen will freeze when I plug in headphones? This only happens with Pandora, no other media player...

jdept

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am currently running B/S IHO 10/4 and want to update to 10/17 tonight. I have just been wiping cache and davlik and then running wiper, but was wondering if I should to the factory data reset through clockwork recovery mod on boot recovery? I haven't been doing this b/c I was unsure whether or not I'll be able to flash with cwmod afterwards?

I use Titanium Backup for restoring apps.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what happened to blarf's kernel? I notice the builds are using Bob's kernel now. Are there any differences? Is blarf still developing his kernel? Sorry, I'm confused!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513