[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Umm,Jerryscript, the voice commands on the backside build do not work.Has it been like this?
I'll open Google voice search and it would say problem connecting .

JDMlvr22

May 10, 2011
Visit site
k, you say the 101311 build is when mms stopped working on my rom. Can you or someone else that is currently have issues with mms on my current builds, please do a quick flash on this 10/10 build: CM7.1.0-VM670-BobZ-NH-101011.zip to see if they are in fact working.
What I mean by quick flash is:
1) backup current rom
2) wipe/format everything EXCEPT sdcard
3) flash rom only
4) test mms
5) restore backup
Thanks for the help!

Will do. Attempting now. Will let you know.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JDMlvr22

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for not providing more info. But the last build I used was actually 09262011 so if you can send me that link bobzhome, or anyone who can provide it. TIA
Edit: I tried 10102011 and no-go.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Umm,Jerryscript, the voice commands on the backside build do not work.Has it been like this?
I'll open Google voice search and it would say problem connecting .
I use voice commands on my phone all the time, just made a call, did a web search, and a navigation search using it.

Try uninstalling, then reinstalling Google Voice Search from the market.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
4ceedc42-1f15-239a.jpg
Yeah I highly suggest the eye candy cm7 theme and lockscreen add on as well.

4ceedc42-1587-2eb9.jpg
4ceedc42-1593-55e6.jpg
4ceedc42-15a6-c8d6.jpg
4ceedc42-15b7-76f7.jpg

Sent from: This ROM isn't the only thing I've flashed today...

Thanks for the info. I popped in the honeycomb apk and love it.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
4ceedc42-1f15-239a.jpg
Yeah I highly suggest the eye candy cm7 theme and lockscreen add on as well.

4ceedc42-1587-2eb9.jpg
4ceedc42-1593-55e6.jpg
4ceedc42-15a6-c8d6.jpg
4ceedc42-15b7-76f7.jpg

Sent from: This ROM isn't the only thing I've flashed today...

What wallpaper are you using on these pics? Is it a live wallpaper? It seems to be slightly different in each screenshot...

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Android 2.3.7 on Tapatalk

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
What wallpaper are you using on these pics? Is it a live wallpaper? It seems to be slightly different in each screenshot...

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Android 2.3.7 on Tapatalk

thanks for asking! i use Alien Skin Pro Live Wallpaper. best $2 i've ever spent. it has 50 different patterns and 38 different color schemes, so basically 1900 combinations! the best part about it is that i haven't noticed the battery drain or latency that i've seen with other live wallpapers. :)

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
EDIT 2: never mind, reboot seems to have resolved the issues.

Installed Mirage IHO, smooth so far with two exceptions:

• Can't install purchased Swiftkey X.
  • Can't install purchased MyBackup Pro.

They are both listed under "My Apps" as purchased, but when I open them from there and click the "Install" button I get a white screen that says "Loading..." and never goes anywhere. If I try to search for the apps, and click on the search result, I get a grey screen that says "Loading..." but never progresses.

Note that other purchased Apps worked fine, it's only these two that aren't working.

EDIT: forgot to say, I installed the gapps package from the official CM7 download. Market is 3.1.5.

Last edited:

manaurys

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
is there any configuration on anything that we can do on this rom or on android to optimize the interntet conection like 3g, 2g like we can do on pc

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Just switched over to BobZhome 1013 yesterday from Harmonia. I really would like to stick with CM7 from here on out. BobZhome is running splendidly.

The one drawback for me on CM7 is the problems with integration of internal mic while having a headset or headphones plugged in. In the car I often use voice commands instead of typing for obvious reasons. But In the car I have the headset jack plugged into my auxiliary on my stereo. So I cant use in the voice commands as long as I have that audio cable plugged in. I also use my regular earbuds with no mic while walking, and i liked to be able to take calls using the Internal mic along with my headphones. Total bummer.

Is this something that can be addressed or is this just par for the course with cyanogenmod?

I hate to have to go back to Froyo, just so I can be able to use the internal mic while in the car and while walking.

Sent via VM670

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think it'd be nice to be able to bring up the most recently used apps quicker on android. It seems like it should be an easy thing, just swap the behavior of the home button with long-pressing home. Star it on the issue tracker if you agree, so it gets more attention. Maybe someone who knows their way around the source code here can even implement it and get it pulled into the main CM repo.

Issue 4521 - cyanogenmod - swap home key quick & long-press functions - CyanogenMod Android ROM - Google Project Hosting

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I think it'd be nice to be able to bring up the most recently used apps quicker on android. It seems like it should be an easy thing, just swap the behavior of the home button with long-pressing home. Star it on the issue tracker if you agree, so it gets more attention. Maybe someone who knows their way around the source code here can even implement it and get it pulled into the main CM repo.

Issue 4521 - cyanogenmod - swap home key quick & long-press functions - CyanogenMod Android ROM - Google Project Hosting

GO Launcher has this feature built in I guess.

I thought it was a part of CM that allowed my phone to do this, but if you're running CM7 and don't have it than it must be a feature of Go Launcher EX.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I thought it was a part of CM that allowed my phone to do this, but if you're running CM7 and don't have it than it must be a feature of Go Launcher EX.

Interesting, thanks. I'm using Zeam launcher currently, may give it a Go sometime :)

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Long-press of home brings up recent apps on launcher-pro as well.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk. Suckit.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Long-press of home brings up recent apps on launcher-pro as well.

That is the default behavior built into Android. I like the idea of quick pressing home brings up recent apps since switching apps is performed more often than going to the launcher homescreen (at least from what I imagine typical users do). So holding home button (or 2nd press) actually goes to the launcher home. There are a few app switchers on the market that do this, but it seems like a simple feature that should just be built into the OS. This way more apps can be loaded into memory without reloading the launcher when one needs to switch among already loaded apps.

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
That is the default behavior built into Android. I like the idea of quick pressing home brings up recent apps since switching apps is performed more often than going to the launcher homescreen (at least from what I imagine typical users do). So holding home button (or 2nd press) actually goes to the launcher home. There are a few app switchers on the market that do this, but it seems like a simple feature that should just be built into the OS. This way more apps can be loaded into memory without reloading the launcher when one needs to switch among already loaded apps.

Ok I see... I mis-interpreted your original thought. I agree, that would be a nice feature. I always forget about the long-press for recent apps. If it happened every time I pressed home, I'd be able to train myself! :p

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Loving Mirage so far, with two exceptions:

• Battery drain when idle is about 5% per hour (vs 1-2% in Harmonia).
  • Bluetooth inconsistently working.

The battery drain I can live with so far but probably not when traveling. I charge in my car to and from work so I get a good 80-100 minutes of charging a day that way but it's a lot less convenient when traveling. I'm curious about the Wifi sleep policy setting under GB. Is it still considered best practice to leave it set to "Never" or set it to the default? I ask, in part, because my Nook Color running CM7 has excellent idle battery life but the Wifi sleeps when the display is off; OTOH it doesn't sync anything until you turn it on (which would be really undesirable on my phone).

EDIT: Bluetooth issue appears to be resolved. The problem seems to have been related to using Winamp for media. Uninstalled Winamp and used the stock Music app it it works fine. As a bonus the Camry now shows the track number and title instead of "Streaming Audio".

The Bluetooth issue is a big one though, it may cause me to revert to Harmonia/Froyo :( I'm able to pair with my 2010 Camry head unit, phone audio works, media audio does not. On the phone side of things everything seems ok. When the Camry connects the phone starts playing (the widget button updates) but I can hear no audio. The volume and track changing buttons on the steering wheel have no response most of the time. For just a few seconds after the phone starts playing the volume buttons respond but there's still no sound. Just to be clear, this same headset works 100% fine in Froyo (stock and Harmonia).

OTOH my Plantronics BT headset is working fine, so it appears to be specific to the Toyota unit.

Is there any work happening on the BT front in CM7/IHO, or any known bugs? I'm not sure how I can help troubleshoot this but I'm willing to.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg666

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The battery drain of 5% on idle is high, try turning off your 3G data for half an hour or an hour to see if that helps, if it does, at least you know there's an app using data in the background, if not then it's an app that prevents the phone from sleeping properly. Process of elimination to find the app that is causing the problem and either turn off certain settings in it or uninstall it completely until it's fixed by the developer. BT works for me, but I only have 1 cheap Motorola headset that I tried it with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech