[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh Wow! What rom are you using?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Jerry's backside rom. Most recent build. Btw that graph started at 86% not 100%. 7hr 25m on battery and at 56% now. I used to have to fully charge it twice at work to last me. I work from 630pm to 630 am.

00damedash

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
i have speaktoit assistant with loquendo susan (which is pretty cool by the way!) installed for the latest backside rom is there a way that when i press the voice dial button that app starts?

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled facebook, my email from 15m check to 1hr check. Turned off tapatalk notifications.

And im at work HORRIBLE signal. I work at a factory. Check these screenshots. I believe battery life has increased much. When i get home to better signal it should increase even more, hopefully. Lol

42570dfc-4cfc-0a06.jpg

42570dfc-4d09-4075.jpg

I've been strongly considering uninstalling Facebook. It just never dies! You kill it and it stats right back up in the background. >:-(

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk. Suckit.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been strongly considering uninstalling Facebook. It just never dies! You kill it and it stats right back up in the background. >:-(

I got rid of Facebook a few weeks ago, and replaced it with Friendcaster Pro. Not sure how good or bad it is on the battery but I haven't seen any neg effect.

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
When the new 16-Bit transparency was added, I remember hearing about fragments on the screen...? If anyone could help me with the following pics, that'd be AWESOME.

As you can see, I have it turned on with a white background on my homescreen, and my Google Search Bar (I'm using the Blue Bionic CM7 theme with a theme i made in UOT Kitchen) has a white fragment on it....is this due to that 16-Bit transparency???

I'm hoping it's not something else...

20111028083716.png

20111028082221.png

EDIT: Turned off the 16-Bit transparency, still have the problem....hmm...now what?

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Android 2.3.7 on Tapatalk

Last edited:

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
When the new 16-Bit transparency was added, I remember hearing about fragments on the screen...? If anyone could help me with the following pics, that'd be AWESOME.

As you can see, I have it turned on with a white background on my homescreen, and my Google Search Bar (I'm using the Blue Bionic CM7 theme with a theme i made in UOT Kitchen) has a white fragment on it....is this due to that 16-Bit transparency???

20111028083716.png

20111028082221.png

EDIT: Turned off the 16-Bit transparency, still have the problem....hmm...now what?

Looks like the same thing i had going on the fbook app when switching froms recent, top, etc and my book app too. It's just a bug somewhere. Really didnt bother me much but that's just me lol.

CAP201108072329.png

CAP2011081722241.png

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

I believe that was mainly my drain. I realized i dont fbook as much as i used to. Got boring. Zzzzz...... lol.
I figured i could use my browser if i NEED to.

Im glad i can use jerry's build to the fullest now and not worry bout where i can charge up again. Imho i love his builds enough that i never switched romss in hopes of better bat life. (Not to say everyone else does not have great builds, but thanks to them also because i'm sure a piece of everybody was used in the build in one way or another)

Last edited:

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the same thing i had going on the fbook app when switching froms recent, top, etc and my book app too. It's just a bug somewhere. Really didnt bother me much but that's just me lol.

CAP201108072329.png

CAP2011081722241.png

Huh....maybe it has something to do with transparency in images, but my background is a JPEG image. lol

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I don't see any screen corruption problem on the two phones here. But, those are running stock without any custom themes. Can you test the unmodified ROM and report again? Otherwise, it is very hard to find out the cause of your problem.

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
removed the Blue Bionic theme and my UOT Kitchen theme,.problem still there....damn...for some reason it only happens with a white background... o_O

cmac0351

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I installed this ROM and think it is really, really good. The only problem I have found so far is that TeamViewer doesn't work well anymore. I can connect to remote computers but the display won't update as I try to interact with the remote PC.

Does anyone know a fix or another Cyanogenmod version that Teamviewer will work with?

Reactions: JerryScript

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I got rid of Facebook a few weeks ago, and replaced it with Friendcaster Pro. Not sure how good or bad it is on the battery but I haven't seen any neg effect.

Anything that regularly pings the internet will drain your battery.
Facebook and Twitter apps have long been a known issue.

ElefantPhace

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I got rid of facebook and I'm using k9 now so all my accounts aren't actually on the phone and linked to market.

I did though install market 2.3.6 and froze updater which works but on some things I've tired downloading I get a download declined error. Anyone know what that's about? It only happens very rarely and only for certain items

bswann

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If you're a Titanium Backup user, you can find this info right when you start the app.
Yea, I know but I don't TB and I have had it before but, I cannot remember if it was in a Rom or an app that put it there. I wouldn't use it that much so I wouldn't want to add another app just for that. Thank you anyway.

elisa9047

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Just curious...when I record video and I zoom in a green grid appears over the video. Is there a way this can be removed? This only happens when I start zooming. I'm running 10/17 rom. Thanks guys.

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a theme for the theme chooser and I love everything about it except for the keyboard... is there a way to change it? When I long press the text space, it says "insert template" but I don't know if that means much

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I rooted and ROM'ed my OV yesterday for the first time: Rooted with Gingerbreak 1.2, backed up up apps with TB, saved my stock recovery with cat (terminal on the phone), downloaded Rom Manager from Market and installed ClockworkMod Recovery, made a nandroid backup in Recovery, did all the prescribed wipes/formats and flashed IHO Mirage 1022 build.

It was a very painless process. And the ROM is incredible - I have yet to figure out all the functionality.

Overall, I cannot believe how easy this process turned out to be -- although I did spend a lot of time reading up beforehand and writing down all the steps for myself, to make sure I didn't forget anything and that I had all the necessary backups. I would still recommend this caution to anyone doing their first root & ROM.

Huge thanks to mrg666 and the other ROM authors. And thanks to everybody who posted guides and help!

Reactions: mrg666

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon