[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Jerry's newest build and was curious if there's any way to fix the camera shutter sound? Its hard to take pics because the only sound is the focusing sound then people think its ok to move. The shutter sound toggle in CM settings does nothing. Great build otherwise!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

optimus2908

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jerry

Great Work on the IHO unofficial CM7.1, runs excellent !!!!

I too have the problem with no shutter sound on the camera. I don't consider it a problem though. This Rom runs great and the latest build 11-02-2011 really is more responsive than than the previous release. My phone rocks and I am very happy with the performance of this ROM both in my hand and the scores with Quadrant and Linpack.

Many Thanks Jerry

Reactions: JerryScript

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, just a quick question. I have the sync icon in the status bar that hasn't stopped since your last build. I'm running your most current iteration of the IHO ROM. Is it something with my phone, or possibly with the ROM? Any thoughts?

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Jerry's newest build and was curious if there's any way to fix the camera shutter sound? Its hard to take pics because the only sound is the focusing sound then people think its ok to move. The shutter sound toggle in CM settings does nothing. Great build otherwise!

I sort of have the opposite problem. I don't need a fake shutter sound, and I would like to get rid of the focusing sound too. I like to take pictures of wildlife and the shutter sounds scare them off.

Edit: Also, does anyone know what color green is used for the battery status icon. I want to change my clock color to match it.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

The camera and video record sounds were removed due to a bug that causes a race condition between those sounds and the begining of audio recording while video recording. At the time this bug surfaced, a user...

(I'm sorry to whoever it was that discovered this fix, I can't remember who it is or I would credit you here)

...discovered that if you removed these sound files, audio would record fine when recording video. So I removed them from the build, to make things easier for those who don't like to delete system files on their own. Attached is a zip file with the two sounds, copy them to your phone into /system/media/audio/ui and set their permissions to the same as the other files in that folder. You may need to reboot after doing this.

The bug you most likely will encounter as a result of this is that there will be no sound when you record video, instead you will hear a click then nothing. The workaround is when you record video, you have to start to record once, stop, then start again without leaving the camera interface. Unfortunately the volume of the recording will be reduced.

If you can get by with no shutter sound (say click yourself ;) ), then you can have full volume and no start/stop workaround .

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, just a quick question. I have the sync icon in the status bar that hasn't stopped since your last build. I'm running your most current iteration of the IHO ROM. Is it something with my phone, or possibly with the ROM? Any thoughts?

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
Did you install the new market 3.3.11 (it has a new auto-update feature)? Or do you have any apps from the market set to auto-update? Did you check your sync settings, email, facebook, etc?

I had this happen to me once about a month ago. I checked all the above and nothing seemed to fix it. It went away on it's own after a couple of days and a few reboots. To this day I don't know for sure what caused it.

Reactions: sharpe351

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I sort of have the opposite problem. I don't need a fake shutter sound, and I would like to get rid of the focusing sound too. I like to take pictures of wildlife and the shutter sounds scare them off.

Edit: Also, does anyone know what color green is used for the battery status icon. I want to change my clock color to match it.

The only known way of disabling the focus sound is to use the vol-down key to turn the ringer volume all the way down. Just remember to turn it back up after using the camera, otherwise you'll miss calls.

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the work all of you devs are doing with this rom. I have tried different ones from each of you. Now that that's said I'd like to let mrg666 know that since you're 10-10 build I haven't been able to use the sound button in the notification. It wont mute my phone any more. I traced it back and it was working in the 10-10 build but not in the 10-16 build. Just wanted to let you know. Hopefully its an easy fix.

wives1989

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Every time i try to connect to a WiFi network it says "connecting" "obtaining IP address"...then inevitably fails to connect. Maybe a MAC Address issue? Can you manually change you MAC Address? any advice would be appreciated.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Every time i try to connect to a WiFi network it says "connecting" "obtaining IP address"...then inevitably fails to connect. Maybe a MAC Address issue? Can you manually change you MAC Address? any advice would be appreciated.

I suddenly out of the blue got this problem too the other day. Went back to stock, and it was the same.

I had to change my router's channel setting from auto (defaulted to channel 1) to a manual channel (I picked 9).

Maybe my neighbor got an identical router (from BrightHouse cable) with the same channel setting, causing too much interference.

Don't know if this applies to you, but it solved it for me.

Reactions: wives1989

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the work all of you devs are doing with this rom. I have tried different ones from each of you. Now that that's said I'd like to let mrg666 know that since you're 10-10 build I haven't been able to use the sound button in the notification. It wont mute my phone any more. I traced it back and it was working in the 10-10 build but not in the 10-16 build. Just wanted to let you know. Hopefully its an easy fix.

You need to set the default values in
Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Notification power widget > Buttons > Sound modes

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello again gang,

Once again after a reboot, my phone is hung. Stuck on the unlock screen. Same thing that happened a couple weeks ago and a couple weeks before that.

I was able to restore from a previous backup the last time so I only had to spend two days restoring apps, etc., but I would like to know what is making the phone so undependable?

Could there be a problem with DarkTremor Apps2SD? I know some of you use Link2SD instead? Also, at what point in the process do you install Apps2SD, at the beginning, before GAPPS, after?

I would like to be able to install more apps than the stock ROM, but at least it was dependable. I don't know what I could be doing wrong or different than others unless it has to do with the APP2SD?

Am running the MRG 10/22 version which replaced the 10/21 version.

Thanks one and all!

Thanks...

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I was able to go into recovery and clear cache and got it to reboot...but the launcher wouldn't work and it says low on memory? I went into system status and it says I have 232mb of 425mb available? What is it short of?
Thanks..

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I was able to go into recovery and clear cache and got it to reboot...but the launcher wouldn't work and it says low on memory? I went into system status and it says I have 232mb of 425mb available? What is it short of?
Thanks..

Its the a2sd not mounting the sdext, I tried darktremor and had the same problem, I disabled it and went back to using link2sd, it occasionally still does it, but atleast on link to SD you can remount the script and reboot your phone and everything is fine. I have a cheap 8 gig SD card which I'm sure causes my problems,

Reactions: testshoot

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I bet you are right as I am getting all kinds of odd memory information.

Prior to IHO I was using the regular APPS2SD that doesn't require a rooted phone so that was apparently something different than the A2SD SD-based product.

Thanks sir!

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.... maybe we should have a poll :)
1. you use Dark Tremor A2SD
2. regular app2sd
3. link2sd
4. other?

I have had multiple problems which could all be common. I just need to change things in hopes I find the working combination.

It can't help that I just downloaded Virtual City or whatever it was called :)

Have started all over again for the 3rd or 4th time in as many weeks. That means the whole weekend will be getting the phone back like it was before.

Thanks!

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I use regular app2sd! Personally I've had the least problems with this app. I have a class 6 sdcard 8g with 75 apps and 10 movies and 300 pictures. I still have 92mb internal and 2.4 gb external. Plenty of space to use for me.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk