[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Those texture lines are actually present throughout now that I've become aware of it. Not just on pictures and wallpapers, but even some areas of the UI with smooth surfaces.

I'll try to pull the physical wallpaper from stock and see how it looks. But I am increasingly convinced that it's a display driver difference - maybe since they incorporated the new Hitachi screens (just a thought).

I'll investigate some more and let you know.

Thanks again for everything!

Sent from my CM7.1 Android phone

klahjn

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed what I was doing wrong.
I was going into CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Status bar tweaks > Clock Color
I was touching the color I wanted (green to match the rest of the theme)

I was just not touching the circle in the middle, but hitting the back button...lol

User error!! my bad....

I'll keep my id10t errors to a minimum, lmao d;]

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Those texture lines are actually present throughout now that I've become aware of it. Not just on pictures and wallpapers, but even some areas of the UI with smooth surfaces.

I'll try to pull the physical wallpaper from stock and see how it looks. But I am increasingly convinced that it's a display driver difference - maybe since they incorporated the new Hitachi screens (just a thought).

I'll investigate some more and let you know.

Thanks again for everything!

It sounds like surface dithering is disabled. Do you try checking under Settings > CM Settings > Performance > and then the surface dithering option? It makes the UI animations somewhat slower but there is a visual improvement.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed what I was doing wrong.
I was going into CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Status bar tweaks > Clock Color
I was touching the color I wanted (green to match the rest of the theme)

I was just not touching the circle in the middle, but hitting the back button...lol

User error!! my bad....

I'll keep my id10t errors to a minimum, lmao d;]

I did the same thing too. Cept my clock was black so i couldnt see it at all... finally figured out my d.a. mistake lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like surface dithering is disabled. Do you try checking under Settings > CM Settings > Performance > and then the surface dithering option? It makes the UI animations somewhat slower but there is a visual improvement.

Yes, thank you. That was the first thing I tried, and it doesn't affect these.

It's subtle and very hard to describe. But there is a clear difference in display qualify between stock and IHO.

I think I'll try and take some pics of the screen to illustrate it.

Thanks again.

ks12ride

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you...but it did not work. Still doing nothing with usb debugging unchecked. :(
I couldn't get my USB mass storage to work either. Ended up loading the lg drivers to my pc, enable the debugging on your phone. It took a while but it works now. My first post so I will post again with the link for the drivers.

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
BACKside Theme questions.

There was a last minute commit to CM7 that I didn't pull in before I built the 1101 BACKside that borked the notification sounds. If you rely on notification sounds, here's a fixed build, if it doesn't really bother you, you can wait for the next build with significant changes. Sorry for the troubles.

BACKside-IHO-VM670-11022011.zip (notifcation sounds fixed)

GreenMachineTheme-11022011.zip

I have BACKside-IHO-11022011 with boot sounds enabled, flashed with the Green Machine theme and the iho-4.0.1.4.2 recovery.

I really like Green Machine, but I wan't to try out a different theme (either Minimalist or Minimalist_Black).

Do I need to re-install the ROM and flash the theme like I did with Green Machine? (and if so, how would I go about that?)
Or would I be able to install any ADW launcher theme by downloading the .apk from the Market and installing like normal?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have BACKside-IHO-11022011 with boot sounds enabled, flashed with the Green Machine theme and the iho-4.0.1.4.2 recovery.

I really like Green Machine, but I wan't to try out a different theme (either Minimalist or Minimalist_Black).

Do I need to re-install the ROM and flash the theme like I did with Green Machine? (and if so, how would I go about that?)
Or would I be able to install any ADW launcher theme by downloading the .apk from the Market and installing like normal?

Just download from the market and install like normal. You'll have to go to settings-adwsettings-themes preferences to select it once it's installed.

Reactions: Ronin Wolf

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that worked, but when I pull down the notification bar, it still says Green Machine and has the Droid guy.

On a related note, is there a way to change the words Green Machine on the dropdown?

gymelsmythe

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't if this has been answered yet, but is anyone having A2sd issues with bobz 10102011 building? ( I think that's what I'm running)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that worked, but when I pull down the notification bar, it still says Green Machine and has the Droid guy.

On a related note, is there a way to change the words Green Machine on the dropdown?

You can use theme chooser to change the status bar. There is an app on the market called theme chooser themes to find them easy

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Oh also you can use uot kitchen to change the writing and pretty much make your own theme but i've never used it myself

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-11092011.zip
md5sum dcc4421b4ad568fbc86bd7d7403cc559

GreenMachineTheme-11092011.zip

Changes:
- market download fix, cache is now calculated differently (needs testing)
- added a first try at an update checker (see app drawer, needs testing)
- more integration with recent omap update should improve video performance
- lots of small changes mostly to files not associated with the OV

Thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, Whyzor, the CM7 team, and a lot of others! ;)

Last edited:

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Damn it Jerry, i just flashed 11/02 last night xD

Ill try and get this now.
And, I'm up for any testing, so just let me know:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar