[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed this rom, first change from stock :)

When the next version comes out and i flash again, do i have to restore my installed apps again?

:)

If you are just updating to a new build release, you don't have to wipe data or system, so you don't have to restore apps. Just wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash the ROM's update zip file, and your done. :)

Reactions: notown and kraven

oceanic45

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
After flashing the new update over the last version, I assume I will have to replace the 2 apk files I got from creating my custom stuff in UOT kitchen....is it ok to copy and use the ones from the older version again or do I have to go remake the theme again to get new apks?

This will be my first time updating a custom rom....will I have to pretty much reset all my settings and stuff from scratch? I know the apps and data will be there...just not sure what else changes. Also, will I save any space on the phone by removing all the stock ogg ringtones and stuff from the zip ahead of time? Thanks!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Themes created in UOT Kitchen have to be recreated for new build releases of a custom ROM 95% of the time. The way UOT works is it takes the two apks from your ROM, makes changes to the XML files in them, then repackages them in a flashable zip file. Since most updates to ROMs include changes to the frameworks, you will have to recreate your theme with the newer frameworks-res and SystemUI apks.

So long as you just wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing an update, your settings should all be kept. ;)

If you remove items from the zip file, you will save space, but you will most likely have to disable signature verification in recovery in order to flash the zip file. Flashable zip files are signed with a signature created in part from the size of the file, if you remove files, then the overall size wont match the signature. You can re-sign the package, but you will usually run into signature issues with the included apps (especially with the market). It would be better to use a root capable file manager to remove the ringtones and other files you don't want after you have flashed the ROM.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
The first hours after flashing, your battery stats are not a true representation. They do no take into account usage during the time in recovery, and there is a ton of stuff going on in the background.

Always give it a day or two before you get concerned with battery life. ;)

Tbh im never concerned with bat life, i have chargers all around my house, car, and one in my backpack at work. I waz jus mentioning that i also had probkems with 3g, and the phone would not go deep sleep.

But after a full charge, well 92%, everythinng straightened out. 3G stays conected and the phone sleeps as it should. Annnnd i have seen a lil increased battery life. Like 10% usage in 6hrs! (Although could be a number of variables, i just blame your build is awesome)

Thanks again for another great build. Btw ths updater on mine also says there is a new update, and sends me to mediafire. Cant wait for it to work!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JerryScript

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have uploaded the 11112011 palindromic build :) to the Wiki. This build comes synced with CM repo and a few other changes as follows
- Roboto font replaces default system font which I find easier and more pleasant to my eyes
- Updated Superuser.apk and su binary to the latest versions (CM repo still has older versions)
- Power widget defaults for brightness and sound buttons.
- Updated 'download space check' init script

I have also uploaded the matching 11112011 transparency theme. Please don't use the themes from previous builds and boot at least once before flashing the theme.

I have tested on my phone and it seems to be working fine.
Many thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, Bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and the CM theme.
Enjoy!

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Jerry,
I flashed the latest Backside rom and love it so far! One thing I noticed was that when I plug in the charger when the phone is powered off, it automatically boots. Is that supposed to happen?

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Jerry,
I flashed the latest Backside rom and love it so far! One thing I noticed was that when I plug in the charger when the phone is powered off, it automatically boots. Is that supposed to happen?

Its normal. I think Jerry said its a glitch.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

orlin2

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Jerry..just flashed your latest build and now I can't the clock to show..also tried reflashing a few times..no go..ideas?

I had the same issue when flashing to the 10172011 build. Turns out my clock's font was set to black (same as the status bar).

Go to:

Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Status bar Tweaks > Clock Color

I hope that resolves your issue.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Jerry..just flashed your latest build and now I can't the clock to show..also tried reflashing a few times..no go..ideas?

The clock is colored black. You need to change the color in your settings. I can't remember what menu its hidden in.

Reactions: notown

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
jerry, under accessibility the option to use the power button to end call . Ive been trying to get it to disable it by unchecking it but doesnt seem to work for me. my proximity sensor doesnt turn the screen off, is there a way to press the power button to turn off the screen, while on a call without ending a call?

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue when flashing to the 10172011 build. Turns out my clock's font was set to black (same as the status bar).

Go to:

Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Status bar Tweaks > Clock Color

I hope that resolves your issue.

That worked..feel kinda dumb ha...thanks

MrJedi

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I am enjoying this rom and appreciate the improvements over stock. I have been running it since the 11022011 release. I appreciate the work that has gone in to porting it to the OV greatly.

However, one issue I am having is that the in-call volume is extremely loud, even when on the lowest setting. It is so loud I can't hold my phone against my ear without it hurting. I can set my phone on my desk and have a full conversation. It is loud enough that I second guess myself on almost every call on whether or not speaker is on. If I hit the speaker button it is even louder, to the point it almost sounds like the speaker is going to blow. Is there anything I can do in the settings to fix this, or has it maybe been fixed with the 11092011 build? I typically take the approach of not constantly patching to the newest build of a rom unless an issue I have been having has specifically been addressed and that's why I'm not using 1109...yet ;)

I appreciate any insight that may be thrown my way.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcls

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I am enjoying this rom and appreciate the improvements over stock. I have been running it since the 11022011 release. I appreciate the work that has gone in to porting it to the OV greatly.

However, one issue I am having is that the in-call volume is extremely loud, even when on the lowest setting. It is so loud I can't hold my phone against my ear without it hurting. I can set my phone on my desk and have a full conversation. It is loud enough that I second guess myself on almost every call on whether or not speaker is on. If I hit the speaker button it is even louder, to the point it almost sounds like the speaker is going to blow. Is there anything I can do in the settings to fix this, or has it maybe been fixed with the 11092011 build? I typically take the approach of not constantly patching to the newest build of a rom unless an issue I have been having has specifically been addressed and that's why I'm not using 1109...yet ;)

I appreciate any insight that may be thrown my way.

The same exact thing happens with me. On the lowest setting I can set the phone relatively far away from me and still carry on a good conversation. I don't remember exactly, so don't quote me on this, but I think it has been on all builds I've been on. I would love a fix.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I think a workaround for the high volume is to turn volume all the way up at the beginning of a call and then you can get it to turn down after it's been maxed.
maybe.
that's what I do anyway, and I read it either here or on xda a while back.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I think a workaround for the high volume is to turn volume all the way up at the beginning of a call and then you can get it to turn down after it's been maxed.
maybe.
that's what I do anyway, and I read it either here or on xda a while back.

I can consider myself a little hard of hearing from too many racecars, so the volume doesn't bother me. The ringer is loud as hell too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante