[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI- Anyone can change their font at any time to any font they like! ;)

-- Use a root capable file manager
-- Copy the ttf font of your choosing to /system/fonts
-- Rename the orignal DroidSans.ttf to DroidSans.ttf.bak
-- Rename your new ttf font to DroidSans.ttf
-- Reboot

You have to reboot quickly, fonts are cached, but as you use menus, you will see more and more letters either dissappear or change to asian characters, and you won't be able to read the power off menu if you aren't quick. ;)

I haven't looked at the set of Robot fonts, but there should be Sans, Serif, as well as bold and italic versions of the ttf files.

You can also do it via ADB when booted or in recovery, or with Terminal.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

-- Reboot

You have to reboot quickly, fonts are cached, but as you use menus, you will see more and more letters either dissappear or change to asian characters, and you won't be able to read the power off menu if you aren't quick. ;)

I haven't looked at the set of Robot fonts, but there should be Sans, Serif, as well as bold and italic versions of the ttf files.

Anyone can change the fonts anytime but I would not recommend any font. The small screens of Android devices make font metrics more critical unlike big computer screens. Many fonts that are not designed for Android (even some of the fonts in UOT Kitchen) will cause problems with the alignment of lines with icons, disfigured widgets, overflowing menus, etc. The new Roboto font replaces the standard Gingerbread font without such problems. Just a warning.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone can change the fonts anytime but I would not recommend any font. The small screens of Android devices make font metrics more critical unlike big computer screens. Many fonts that are not designed for Android (even some of the fonts in UOT Kitchen) will cause problems with the alignment of lines with icons, disfigured widgets, overflowing menus, etc. The new Roboto font replaces the standard Gingerbread font without such problems. Just a warning.

May i haz screenshot of sed text? I like changing stuff up sometimes.

Sent from your mom's phone.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just updated backside from 10172011 to 11092011. Now clock in status bar is gone. Any ideas?

Is this a bug or a feature? Almost everyone who tries BACKside gets confused by this. I guessed that there was a way to hide/show the clock and figured it out on my own.

Note: ff6bdf10 looks pretty good for the Clock color.

Last edited:

linzoill

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

-- Reboot

Holy crap...yo dude you made a killer ROM ....far more battery life than HARMONIA....yea I said it...contrary to the favoritism of HARMONIA (Which I own in my SD card..thanks so much for the awesome Tom) My battery life nearly TRIPPLED with This ROM. ..no bull shii ..wait til you read my post on my test with my optimus v using this rom against SPRINTS IPHONE 4S....
But I wouldn't risk bricking my phone with Mayan and Chinese symbols on my phone if I'm not fast enough lol But I love how this guy is constantly working day and night and makes updates on this ROM (Friends....you can't ask for anything better from a developer.My motto is YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS YOU WANNA BE and JerryScript doing a fuxxxn good job ;) much love and respect for y'all...we have been freed from the slavery of Froyo.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JerryScript

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to the new 1113 BobZhome. Awesome updates. Thanks to everyone responsible for this stuff.

The new font is killer, and I finally can customize my carrier name to say... nothing at all. I hated seeing Virgin Mobile on my lock screen. And now its gone gone gone!

Last edited:
Reactions: linzoill

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap...yo dude you made a killer ROM ....far more battery life than HARMONIA....yea I said it...contrary to the favoritism of HARMONIA (Which I own in my SD card..thanks so much for the awesome Tom) My battery life nearly TRIPPLED with This ROM. ..no bull shii ..wait til you read my post on my test with my optimus v using this rom against SPRINTS IPHONE 4S....
But I wouldn't risk bricking my phone with Mayan and Chinese symbols on my phone if I'm not fast enough lol But I love how this guy is constantly working day and night and makes updates on this ROM (Friends....you can't ask for anything better from a developer.My motto is YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS YOU WANNA BE and JerryScript doing a fuxxxn good job ;) much love and respect for y'all...we have been freed from the slavery of Froyo.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
Thank you very much for the compliments, we all appreciate it!

Notice I said "we" all appreciate it, that's because this is a team effort, The majority of thanks goes to Blarf for starting the IHO repo and getting most of the main bugs worked out, not to mention making the camera so much better. Another big round of thanks goes to BobZhome for not only supporting more phones than all the rest of us put together, but also for building the kernel we are all using now. And huge thanks to mrg666 for all the help he gives to everyone in the process of building his mirage. Then there's a whole list of people who help research issues, and test potential fixes. And of course, there's Steve Kondik and the entire CM7 team who put together the best ROM period! And we cant forget AOSP for setting the whole thing up in the first place as an open source project we can all benefit from! Then there's zefie and aospbot who got the thunderc board support started for the Optimus line of phones.

The list goes on and on. I cannot be more emphatic when I say thanks to everyone involved, from the Devs I've mentioned to all of you who test and report back and help each other out! If it wasn't for this community, we would all be sitting here asking ourselves should we buy a different phone? ;)

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using IHO recovery with a fat32 sd-ext and having it take a long time to backup the sd-ext or not backing up at all? I have to pull the battery because it's taking too long. Tried on both Mirage and BobZ. Used to work before. Do recoveries go corrupt?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Is this a bug or a feature? Almost everyone who tries BACKside gets confused by this. I guessed that there was a way to hide/show the clock and figured it out on my own.

Note: ff6bdf10 looks pretty good for the Clock color.

It's a feature I've been working on for the past four builds. It was inspired by thegrammerfreak's work at xda on modifying the xml to center the status bar clock. I have taken it further and modified the source code in xml, java, and system variable files to create an option to center the clock and change it's color. Unfortunately, I forgot to set the default color, so without a default, it reverts to black. ;)

That small bug, and the system icons overlaying the clock when too many are present are the only bugs left, and I hope to have them both worked out in my next build. Once I have it stable, I intend to submit it to CM so it will be an option for everyone, but I have no idea if it will be accepted.

Reactions: Ronin Wolf

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It's a feature I've been working on for the past four builds. It was inspired by thegrammerfreak's work at xda on modifying the xml to center the status bar clock. I have taken it further and modified the source code in xml, java, and system variable files to create an option to center the clock and change it's color. Unfortunately, I forgot to set the default color, so without a default, it reverts to black. ;)

That small bug, and the system icons overlaying the clock when too many are present are the only bugs left, and I hope to have them both worked out in my next build. Once I have it stable, I intend to submit it to CM so it will be an option for everyone, but I have no idea if it will be accepted.

That's cool. The clock looks really good centered that way.

Reactions: JerryScript

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just want to chime in on the current roms. Bobs new multi touch fix is amazing for those people who two finger type, I have been testing it for him the past week, overall solid rom.

Backside always lures me back with Jerry's innovations and appearance tweaks, I always keep a backup of his roms so I can try his new goodies as soon as he posts them

Last, but anything but least is mrg.I have no idea how you do it but your builds always run super fast, and get the best battery life. I don't know if there is some steroid script you run that just makes the my disposable phone run like a stallion but its second to none when it comes to performance and battery.

Each build has their own qualities, and I salute you guys for putting so much time in these projects, and thanks for doing this aggrevating tedious work, looking for nothing more then a thank you. If you guys ever want me to be a Guinea pig for something that's not ready for primetime, just let me know