[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
So I found a random feature that I have never been able to get to work..under cynogemmod settings the lock screen Widgets...the upcoming calandar events never show..ideas?

On the 11-09 build of BACKside it works fine.

Make sure you check the lookahead option. By default its set to three hours. If your next appointment is any more than three hours away it wont show. Increase the lookahead time and see if that's the problem.

Sent via VM670

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
testing the keyboard. Seems more fluid than the stock but the keys are just enough out of sync with stock to make me have to slow down. That might be why it feels more fluid to me.

I went back to Binary Bulge's ICS keyboard since it doesn't request full internet permissions like vllwp's. Anyway ICS keyboard have a longer delay in the popup preview, it doesn't slow down typing, just sticks around for a few milliseconds longer so it can actually be seen compared to GB's popups. In the settings, you can change it to disappear quicker so it's more like GB's KB.

Also comparing vllwp's version to binary bulge's version, the latter has bigger keys, so that may explain it too (I noticed it at first, but thought it was just in my head, until I compared screenshots side by side)

screenshot1322011579457.png
screenshot1322073615764.png

Last edited:

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
On the 11-09 build of BACKside it works fine.

Make sure you check the lookahead option. By default its set to three hours. If your next appointment is any more than three hours away it wont show. Increase the lookahead time and see if that's the problem.

Sent via VM670

Its set to 1 week..also made sure the proper calendars are shown..still no go :(..

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I went back to Binary Bulge's ICS keyboard since it doesn't request full internet permissions like vllwp's. Anyway ICS keyboard have a longer delay in the popup preview, it doesn't slow down typing, just sticks around for a few milliseconds longer so it can actually be seen compared to GB's popups. In the settings, you can change it to disappear quicker so it's more like GB's KB.

Also comparing vllwp's version to binary bulge's version, the latter has bigger keys, so that may explain it too (I noticed it at first, but thought it was just in my head, until I compared screenshots side by side)

Click to view quoted image
Click to view quoted image

We don't have enough screen to loose some over larger buttons. I am waiting until all these keyboard have had time to mature. They are only slightly different than GB's.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Its set to 1 week..also made sure the proper calendars are shown..still no go :(..

Bummer. Though it works for me now, I have had some weirdness myself with this widget. Recently on BobZhome, the widget would show appointments one hour early no matter what I tweaked.

Sent via VM670

Armacham

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
This is probably a dumb question but do i need to do a full wipe if i want to switch between different builds, like from Mrg to Bob, or just for the initial switch to iho?

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
This is probably a dumb question but do i need to do a full wipe if i want to switch between different builds, like from Mrg to Bob, or just for the initial switch to iho?

I've switched between Jerry's and MrG's without wiping. Everything works great, except MMS. I just stopped trying to use MMS all together. It hasn't worked right since the beginning.

Sent from my IHO LG OP V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Armacham

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I work in the landscape construction field. Everyone has different carriers. My MMS has had issues since aospCM7. I work with many dudes that have UN-smart phones. I need to be able to send /receive pics to check jobs and troubleshoot problems as well as document issues. Half of them do not even have e-mail. Three years ago driving to sites and taking pics was the standard. I have just dealt with the issues. NOW.... I am going to test all my different crew members and crew leaders carriers, phones, etc. And document what works and what does not. I am prob in a position to check alot of variables.Not that it will solve anything BUT, now that it is cold here in bumfuk PA I have time to play:)

You could always have them text/send the picture to your e-mail, then you e-mail their phone...

That's what I do as I've always used Google Voice for SMS, but it has no MMS support.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
We don't have enough screen to loose some over larger buttons. I am waiting until all these keyboard have had time to mature. They are only slightly different than GB's.

I wish we had more screen real estate too, but the larger version is standard ICS keyboard size, the shrunk one was just heavily modified ICS, which made it harder to type on. The ICS keyboard has some internal improvements, a bit more accurate I think, although it's hard to quantify.

Actually comparing GB to Binary Bulge's ICS keyboard, the latter takes less space:

screenshot1322107777721.png
screenshot1322073615764.png

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Between here and xda there has been alot of talk about ics keyboard. You guys should start a new thread for it, since this thread is a trillion pages already, it really makes it hard for people to find answers, which causes a mass rerun of questions. Its like summertime tv, nothing but reruns

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Between here and xda there has been alot of talk about ics keyboard. You guys should start a new thread for it, since this thread is a trillion pages already, it really makes it hard for people to find answers, which causes a mass rerun of questions. Its like summertime tv, nothing but reruns

Even without it, people will still ask questions over again. People, should start a new thread, i agree with that, but people just don't seem to know how to search.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to charge the phone without having it on while using IHO? I noticed that my phone always boots up by default when a charger is plugged in..Not that it really bothers me too much, but I find my phone to charge a bit faster when it's off.