[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting an error, or do they not show up in the market?

they either don't show up in the market, or if I go to market.android.com on my PC they say "this app is incompatible with Virgin Mobile LGE VM670."

Even when I sideloaded the google goggles app it wouldn't install. And when I went to hotels.com, and clicked their link to their android app, it opened the page up in the market but say it was incompatible with my phone.

However when I was running Harmonia, I distinctly remember having google goggles working.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the latest Backside, and i have Google Goggles installed and it works fine. I downloaded it from the Market.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
they either don't show up in the market, or if I go to market.android.com on my PC they say "this app is incompatible with Virgin Mobile LGE VM670."

Even when I sideloaded the google goggles app it wouldn't install. And when I went to hotels.com, and clicked their link to their android app, it opened the page up in the market but say it was incompatible with my phone.

However when I was running Harmonia, I distinctly remember having google goggles working.

Google Goggles works fine for me as well, though I downloaded it originally when signing in to gapps, it's one of the apps you can choose when setting up the market install for the first time.

I would say do a complete wipe (cache and dalvik, a complete format (boot, system, data, cache), then flash the ROM and gapps. Do NOT restore any apps or data till you have tested out the issue. If everything works, reinstall a few apps, then test again, repeat till you find an issue, or have everything restored with no issues.

If you have troubles after this, report here and we will try to help. ;)

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Google Goggles works fine for me as well, though I downloaded it originally when signing in to gapps, it's one of the apps you can choose when setting up the market install for the first time.

I would say do a complete wipe (cache and dalvik, a complete format (boot, system, data, cache), then flash the ROM and gapps. Do NOT restore any apps or data till you have tested out the issue. If everything works, reinstall a few apps, then test again, repeat till you find an issue, or have everything restored with no issues.

This is what I did When I first flashed your ROM Jerry. Worked like a charm for me.

sent from my ASUS Transformer Running Prime 2.1.0 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JerryScript

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I'll have to try that then, since I have no clue why else it won't let me even see those apps in the market

hawkshot

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope you all don't mind me posting here with my woes-so here goes:

This is my first root/custom rom of an android phone (LG Optimus V)

I followed the instructions here for root, they seem outdated as I obtained a perm root just using the USB drivers from LG and SuperOneClick

I installed Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6) as a recovery (I think this is where I went wrong)

Made a backup

Cleared cache and Dalvik cache and flashed IHO 11222011 and gapps (checksums correct)

Rebooted and the phone stayed at a screen saying IHO with an android for a while then got stuck at a single image of an android with a ring around it.

I rebooted a couple more times, then flashed my backup so I could use my phone again.

Where did I go wrong/how do I install a different bootloader if that is the issue?:eek:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
How long did you let it stay on the green android with the frozen particle loop around it?

That animation is not working in the latest build, so you have to suffer through it the first time you flash the ROM (sorry, you can change it after booting up the first time, and it will be fixed in my next build). It takes 3-6 minutes to reboot after flashing the first time. Be patient. If it hasn't booted up after 10 full minutes, post back here, and we will help you out.

hawkshot

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay it is past the 10 min mark (about 15 mins)

I have the device plugged into my computer and the boot animation is transitioning from the IHO screen to the particle screen.

Edit it is moving back and forth between the IHO and transitioning to the particle screen.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Something wasn't installed right. Check the md5 value of the downloaded ROM zip file, be sure it matches the posted value.

1- Reboot into recovery
2- Wipe cache, and under advanced wipe dalvik cache
3- Format boot, system, data, and cache
4- Flash the ROM zip file
5- Flash gapps
6- Reboot

It should take about 4 1/2 to 5 minutes to fully boot the first time.

Reactions: mrg666 and hawkshot

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I hope everything goes okay at the hospital.

Thanks, its nothing major. I love testing things, I just wish I had more free time to contribute. My 7year old and wife take most of what time I do have, I wish I could flash a costume rom I could flash on them to be less needy.. just kidding. PS howabout my packers today!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I think I've found a market fix that is simple and seems to work, need testers. ;)
note- as always, backups are recommended before attempting any fix

Download com.keramidas TitaniumBackup from the market. I do not know if it requires the pro (paid) version, I have the paid version installed, so I need someone with the free version only to test please.

Open it, let it load fully, then press your menu key. Select the more tab, then select "Integrate sys Dalvik into ROM." There is an "Undo sys Dalvik integration" option you can use to undo it should it not work out for you.

Since doing this, I've been able to update everything I had not been able to, and install apps I had not been able to. The messages I had been receiving that were fixed are insufficient space messages. I doubt this will help with any other type of errors. Please let me know if this helps you.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I think I've found a market fix that is simple and seems to work, need testers. ;)
note- as always, backups are recommended before attempting any fix

Download com.keramidas TitaniumBackup from the market. I do not know if it requires the pro (paid) version, I have the paid version installed, so I need someone with the free version only to test please.

Open it, let it load fully, then press your menu key. Select the more tab, then select "Integrate sys Dalvik into ROM." There is an "Undo sys Dalvik integration" option you can use to undo it should it not work out for you.

Since doing this, I've been able to update everything I had not been able to, and install apps I had not been able to. The messages I had been receiving that were fixed are insufficient space messages. I doubt this will help with any other type of errors. Please let me know if this helps you.

You can also go to the market and get an app called marketfix (make sure its one word) and it will do the same thing. Or with link2sd you can link the delvik and lib files to your SD and that will fix it also

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, its nothing major. I love testing things, I just wish I had more free time to contribute. My 7year old and wife take most of what time I do have, I wish I could flash a costume rom I could flash on them to be less needy.. just kidding. PS howabout my packers today!

19-0 baby!

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I was playing around with rom manager today and I noticed all of the current iho roms are on there now. I'm just wondering who is putting them there, it must not be causing too many problems, I don't see alot of posts from people having issues with it