[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

stevenjbphone

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Purchased ADW EX when it was on sale in the Market for .10 cents

Had LaucherPro Plus on the phone but it would freeze on reboot when I CM7 themed the phone. Go Launcher worked wonderful (even with a third party CM7 theme), but it is BIG -- ADW EX is much smaller and runs smooth. The only glich with ADW EX is the scrolling wall paper - it jerks a bit on transitioning (end to end) - Go Launcher did not have this glich.

Update: Just looked at the comments in the Market for LPP and the FC on launch appears to be Gingerbread related.

Last edited:

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this with IHO recovery?

When I install a ROM with either the normal IHO recovery or BobZ's new one with support for newer screens, I get horrible, horrible battery life. Whenever I flash it, beforehand, I clear everything including dalvik two or three times sometimes but I seem to still get these problems. So I went back to CWM from ROM Manager, which I think it's the same as Koush because it's the same version number and these issues went away. I have tried several different ROMs and have calibrated the battery several times, all awful battery life.

My most recent install is BobZ's newest with the Koush (I think) recovery and I got 17 hours and only went down to 70%.

This is not a complaint. Just seeing others having battery life issues and wondering maybe it's related.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Odd effect ur experiencing because the recovery ur running can't effect ur battery life. The kernel controls that area and the ROM uses the kernel so either of those 2 can but not the recovery.

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Odd effect ur experiencing because the recovery ur running can't effect ur battery life. The kernel controls that area and the ROM uses the kernel so either of those 2 can but not the recovery.

Very odd indeed. Might be the wipes it performs. I'm really no expert. But that's the only correlation I noticed.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Haven't read anyone saying ICS would be better, that remains to be seen. Gingerbread is pretty well optimized for phones, but some of the non GUI based features in ICS look very interesting (ie new c&p functionality).

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Haven't read anyone saying ICS would be better, that remains to be seen. Gingerbread is pretty well optimized for phones, but some of the non GUI based features in ICS look very interesting (ie new c&p functionality).

Jerry, on the tablet side, ICS tends to deal with things (memory usage for example) quicker and more efficient than its predecessors. The test ROMs are very fast and really smooth. Even the standard browser is really quick at rendering pages. Some of the problems are the ways that ICS communicates are different as far as sensors are concerned. So things like the gravity sensors don't work until the proper drivers can be re-written/re-engineered to work properly.

sent from my ASUS Transformer running Prime 2.1.1 using Tapatalk

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
Jerry, on the tablet side, ICS tends to deal with things (memory usage for example) quicker and more efficient than its predecessors. The test ROMs are very fast and really smooth. Even the standard browser is really quick at rendering pages. Some of the problems are the ways that ICS communicates are different as far as sensors are concerned. So things like the gravity sensors don't work until the proper drivers can be re-written/re-engineered to work properly.

sent from my ASUS Transformer running Prime 2.1.1 using Tapatalk

Yep, ICS seems to have much better memory management on my Iconia but of course it's kinda hacked together. CM9 will be the real test.

Armacham

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Purchased ADW EX when it was on sale in the Market for .10 cents

Had LaucherPro Plus on the phone but it would freeze on reboot when I CM7 themed the phone. Go Launcher worked wonderful (even with a third party CM7 theme), but it is BIG -- ADW EX is much smaller and runs smooth. The only glich with ADW EX is the scrolling wall paper - it jerks a bit on transitioning (end to end) - Go Launcher did not have this glich.

Update: Just looked at the comments in the Market for LPP and the FC on launch appears to be Gingerbread related.

I got in on this deal too.I wanted to like it but Launcher Pro is just SO SMOOTH that I can't go back to anything else. Maybe I'll play around with go launcher as well

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I recently flashed Kraven's build for the Optimus S, and the Ring Lock has Revamped rings as a optional switch. Is this to come? Or is it something he just added?

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I formated everything and re-flashed the latest backside and now everything's back to normal. My buttons, market, all that.

Except this... xD
I unplugged my phone at 90%. 16 minutes later it's at 81%...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I formated everything and re-flashed the latest backside and now everything's back to normal. My buttons, market, all that.

Except this... xD
I unplugged my phone at 90%. 16 minutes later it's at 81%...

Try this: Install Koush CWM recovery and reinstall ROM. See if that fixes battery issue. Let me know.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Try this: Install Koush CWM recovery and reinstall ROM. See if that fixes battery issue. Let me know.

That shouldn't matter. getting a good calibration on the battery is the best. then use it 3 to 4 days and see if you still have that problem.

Last edited:

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

That shouldn't matter. getting a good celebration on the battery is the best. then use it 3 to 4 days and see if you still have that problem.
Drezliok, You're saying i should use this ROM for a few days then check battery life? I reformatted and flashed 2 days ago.

Anonymo, Question: With that recovery am i able to restore a froyo backup freely?

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Drezliok, You're saying i should use this ROM for a few days then check battery life? I reformatted and flashed 2 days ago.

Anonymo, Question: With that recovery am i able to restore a froyo backup freely?

I am saying that you have to calibrate the battery then use it for a few days so the phone can rebuild its battery info. After that it should settle down. I give mine a week to collect enough battery stats before I consider it accurate.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am saying that you have to calibrate the battery then use it for a few days so the phone can rebuild its battery info. After that it should settle down. I give mine a week to collect enough battery stats before I consider it accurate.

Okay, ill wait a little more.. & Just to make sure, what do you mean by calibrate the battery?