[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

cybermaniak

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
embarrassing question... running Jerry's latest. When I long press on a app on my homescreen it won't let me delete the app off the homescreen. I can't find any settings that govern this either.

Can you add widgets to the homescreen ?

If not then you must have locked the desktop... Just hit menu, then more (unlock desktop)

world_indo1

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! But it is a team effort! ;)

You just might see ics on the OV before CM9 releases, though at this point it's still got a good way to go. Blarf and BobZhome are geniuses I tell ya!

Speaking of geniuses, don't give up on mrg666's Mirage. I imagine you might have had a bad download or dirty flash, his ROM is usually less buggy than BACKside! ;)

Happy Holidays!

I'd really love to see ICS on the Optimus in the very near future. Might be selling it soon so we'll see how things pan out. If you can get ahold of the LG Marquee, HTC Evo Design, or the Nook Color and design builds for those, I own all three devices so I'm perfectly open to beta testing for you. Jerry, PM me if you have any beta material for me.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So I just built my first IHO rom last week and I have a few questions...

My first IHO ROM was BACKside 9/15 and I have become quite accustomed to the initial screens. I assumed they were from IHO, but I guess they're JerryScript's additions. So I was surprised and, truth be told, a bit alarmed, when I saw the second LG screen show up. Where are these files located in the build tree?

BACKside 9/15 was 63mb but my build is 82mb. Why the big difference? Did I do something wrong, did JerryScript optimize and/or remove some things, or has the CM code gained serious weight in the last 3 months?

Most all the files in the zip have implausible timestamps -- most in Aug 2008. Why? I had to md5sum some files on my phone to prove to myself that I'm actually running files from my own ROM.

One of the reasons I am building my own ROM is that I'm a coder and I wanted to start hacking up some stuff. Some of the things I'm initially hacking are: (1) Reduce timeout for IMAP in email. The IMAP connector on our exchange server at work frequently gets stuck after the SSL exchange and fails to send a banner, leaving me frustrated for 60 seconds. No more! (2) Make an option to remove the emergency call button on the lockscreen so that my kids can't dial 911 when they happen to get hold of my phone. I know, I know, it's there for emergencies, but it's my phone and I'll take responsibility thankyouverymuch.

Anyone have other ideas?

Oh, and if there are any interested coders, one of my other projects is building an X server for Android. It's able to show xclock and xterm so far. It may not be practical but it's fun. :)

PS: Yes, I know I'm late to the party but having a newborn tends to put life on hold... :) Hopefully my wife's new LG Slider (shhh, it's a christmas present) will have a community that is as active and fun as this one! :)

PPS: Thanks again to CM, blarfiejandro, and JerryScript for this awesome ROM! My phone would not be half as fun without it. You guys rock!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
There is a Gingerbread version of the activate apk taken from another phone, unteseted on the OV afaik. I don't know if you and your buyer would want to risk the phone on trying it out, but if you do, I'll send it to you. ;)

Highly unlikely that will work.
CM lacks some of the menu systems the app uses.

You can't even use the new OV activate app on an older OV.

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So I just built my first IHO rom last week and I have a few questions...

My first IHO ROM was BACKside 9/15 and I have become quite accustomed to the initial screens. I assumed they were from IHO, but I guess they're JerryScript's additions. So I was surprised and, truth be told, a bit alarmed, when I saw the second LG screen show up. Where are these files located in the build tree?

BACKside 9/15 was 63mb but my build is 82mb. Why the big difference? Did I do something wrong, did JerryScript optimize and/or remove some things, or has the CM code gained serious weight in the last 3 months?

Most all the files in the zip have implausible timestamps -- most in Aug 2008. Why? I had to md5sum some files on my phone to prove to myself that I'm actually running files from my own ROM.

One of the reasons I am building my own ROM is that I'm a coder and I wanted to start hacking up some stuff. Some of the things I'm initially hacking are: (1) Reduce timeout for IMAP in email. The IMAP connector on our exchange server at work frequently gets stuck after the SSL exchange and fails to send a banner, leaving me frustrated for 60 seconds. No more! (2) Make an option to remove the emergency call button on the lockscreen so that my kids can't dial 911 when they happen to get hold of my phone. I know, I know, it's there for emergencies, but it's my phone and I'll take responsibility thankyouverymuch.

Anyone have other ideas?

Oh, and if there are any interested coders, one of my other projects is building an X server for Android. It's able to show xclock and xterm so far. It may not be practical but it's fun. :)

PS: Yes, I know I'm late to the party but having a newborn tends to put life on hold... :) Hopefully my wife's new LG Slider (shhh, it's a christmas present) will have a community that is as active and fun as this one! :)

PPS: Thanks again to CM, blarfiejandro, and JerryScript for this awesome ROM! My phone would not be half as fun without it. You guys rock!
There is a very good video I posted in the Build Your Own ROM thread that will help you find what you are looking for:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/104423-building-your-own-rom-6.html#post1181219

kaivorth

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting pretty frequent mini freezing going on with the latest Mirage build...I don't have a lot installed on it either, Just Swype, Zedge, Go Launcher EX, Navigation, Adobe Reader, Facebook, Voxer, Youtube, and Words with Friends; When going in and out of menus or trying to select a contact to message, itll hang for a couple seconds, and its getting increasingly annoying.,...suggestions? This ROM was flashed with a wiped Optimus V

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting pretty frequent mini freezing going on with the latest Mirage build...I don't have a lot installed on it either, Just Swype, Zedge, Go Launcher EX, Navigation, Adobe Reader, Facebook, Voxer, Youtube, and Words with Friends; When going in and out of menus or trying to select a contact to message, itll hang for a couple seconds, and its getting increasingly annoying.,...suggestions? This ROM was flashed with a wiped Optimus V

Same build here. No freezing issues to speak of. Working great.

Sent from my IHO LG OP V using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrg666

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm still on mrg666's 12/01 build which has worked great for me. But on my wife's phone (same ROM) we saw something similar to what you describe.

Disabling Swype solved it. We ended up removing and re-installing Swype beta (going back to their registration email). So far that has been working.

For me it's a love-hate relationship with Swype. I couldn't live without it, but at the same time it makes typing even the simplest text incredibly hard because it always wants to outsmart me.

And I've come to understand why Swype beta is still beta ;)

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg666

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried partitioning your SD card, ever since I did my phone feels like a million bucks(16gb class 10). I have well over a 100 apps installed and my phone still thinks it has only 70mb of memory taken up. I am currently on mgr's 12/1 build and it is flawless and oc's at 864mhz. I was getting the invalid package error but once I moved dalvik in titanium backup, I have no problems with that anymore either.

:'( Still waiting for VM to get a nexus phone of some sort, but until then my hand is glued to the OV thanks to our large dev community. ;)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Same build here. No freezing issues to speak of. Working great.
I'm still on mrg666's 12/01 build which has worked great for me. But on my wife's phone (same ROM) we saw something similar to what you describe.

Disabling Swype solved it. We ended up removing and re-installing Swype beta (going back to their registration email). So far that has been working.

For me it's a love-hate relationship with Swype. I couldn't live without it, but at the same time it makes typing even the simplest text incredibly hard because it always wants to outsmart me.

And I've come to understand why Swype beta is still beta ;)

Thank you for the help. :)

Reactions: sharpe351

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
For all this who haven't seen it. Jerry i really love the new Easter egg :cool:

Happy holidays back at ya!

Sent from your mom's phone.
Thanks! When I stumbled upon that image while looking for xmas theme stuff, I thought to myself, there is no more perfect picture for a ROM called BACKside! ;)

Happy Holidays!

Reactions: itsrayray

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I am getting "mini freezes" also. First time user of both Mirage and Go Launcher EX so I was assuming it was caused by either of those. Also the latest Facebook update frequently force closes and takes a really long time to load, eventually leading to another mini freeze.

On a side note, can anyone recommend the V6 Supercharger scripts? And if so, which settings?