[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

kaivorth

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on mrg666's 12/01 build which has worked great for me. But on my wife's phone (same ROM) we saw something similar to what you describe.

Disabling Swype solved it. We ended up removing and re-installing Swype beta (going back to their registration email). So far that has been working.

For me it's a love-hate relationship with Swype. I couldn't live without it, but at the same time it makes typing even the simplest text incredibly hard because it always wants to outsmart me.

And I've come to understand why Swype beta is still beta ;)

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

I will try this tomorrow for sure. Thanks for the tip though. So re installing helped lol? This is the ONLY issue I have with this so far

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build is ready:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-12162011.zip
md5sum 86475633da10b0317a645fedd4dc5c18

GreenMachineTheme-12162011.zip

Changes:

• Added option to change status bar background to one of three choices (requires reboot):
    1. Theme (or default background)
    2. Custom Color (can be semi to fully transparent)
    3. Transparent
  • Added center clock to ticker animation to prevent overlay caused by transparent backgrounds.
    (looks better this way too ;) )
  • Organized the CyanogenMod settings>>Interface>>Status bar tweaks menu into 4 categories:
    1. Status bar settings (appearance)
      • Status bar appearance
      • Status bar background color
      • Status bar brightness controls
    2. Status bar clock settings
      • Show clock
      • Center clock
      • Clock color
      • AM/PM style
    3. Carrier label settings
      • Compact carrier label
      • Carrier label type
      • Custom carrier label
    4. System icon settings
      • Battery status style
      • Alternate signal display
      • Show headset icon

While those smarter then I work out the kinks in ICS, I'll be continuing to add customization options. Next up, custom overscroll and edge glow colors.

Thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, kermikalelite, whyzor, bigsupersquid, leslieann, asadullah, the CM7 team, AOSP, and everyone I've left out, not to mention everyone who gives feedback and bug reports! ;)

Happy Holidays!

cotylee1991

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
New build is ready:

Changes:

• Added option to change status bar background to one of three choices (requires reboot):
    3. Transparent
  • Added center clock to ticker animation to prevent overlay caused by transparent backgrounds.
  • Organized the CyanogenMod settings>>Interface>>Status bar tweaks menu into 4 categories:
      • Status bar appearance
      • Show clock
      • Center clock
      • Clock color
      • AM/PM style
      • Compact carrier label
      • Carrier label type
      • Custom carrier label
    4. System icon settings
      • Battery status style
      • Show headset icon

While those smarter then I work out the kinks in ICS, I'll be continuing to add customization options. Next up, custom overscroll and edge glow colors.

Thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, kermikalelite, whyzor, bigsupersquid, leslieann, asadullah, the CM7 team, AOSP, and everyone I've left out, not to mention everyone who gives feedback and bug reports! ;)

Happy Holidays!

Thanks Jerry!
Happy holidays to you and yours!

Sent from my LG Optimus V.
"Cracker for fun, hacker for LIFE!"

Reactions: JerryScript

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
New build is ready:

Changes:

3. Transparent
      • Status bar appearance
      • Show clock
      • Center clock
      • Clock color
      • AM/PM style
      • Compact carrier label
      • Carrier label type
      • Custom carrier label
    4. System icon settings
      • Battery status style
      • Show headset icon

Happy Holidays!

Well you just made my weekend 10 times better :D will test with a full wipe soon.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

Killroy7777

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Error:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "thunderc"
E:Error in /sdcard/BACKside-IHO-VM670-12162011_3.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted.
---------------------

Battery Level: 90% (Tried both on and off charger)

---------------------

Any ideas?

The current state of the phone is bricked in fastboot, even after restore, going to see if I can use ADB to fix the problem.

--------------------
UPDATE:

Fixed problem, I had to wipe out my ClockWorkMod Recovery, it did not want to install the custom ROM. I used the default recovery, and it patched over just fine.

Last edited:

gourd

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Are you using bob's newest kernel (3.4? I think?) and is this a 'delete your scripts if you've got em' kind of flash? Really appreciate all the work you guys have been doing!

Edit: this was terribly unclear. I was asking if the new backside build used that kernel and if I should disable scripts before flashing

Last edited:

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Can we make the whole status drop down screen transparent?
Also how do i move the clear button in the drop down, i found it once but cannot locate it now :)

klahjn

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I donated a small amount today in honor of the xmas spirit. The community has been good to me and its you guys that fuel why this phone is so great! Thank you to everyone who's worked on these roms!

Jerry, BobZHome, Mgr666, Blarfie, etc...anyone i've forgotten, if it wasn't for you guys....this phone wouldn't be half the phone it is now!! I use this phone for personal and for work, and with using the IHO repository it has increased my productivity to almost double! Oh, and coming from someone who used to have the iphone 3g, then 3gs, then 4....then switching to android....this being my third android phone....i like the android better than the iphone now....but only because of the iho rom d;D

butthead

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
My phone is rendering a bit choppy for some reasons, transition animations namely. Is there a possible remedy for this? It is noticeable on all builds.

Also I believe 16bit transparency should be defaulted to on. Is there a reason not to?

I do enjoy your hard work. Thank you for building and sharing!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
-- 16bit transparency is not enabled by default because it comes with a slight performace hit, which can include choppy screen transitions.

--If you are having issues with the transparent status bar, here are a couple of things to try:
----First try rebooting
----If using ADW Launcher, Settings>>ADW settings>>System preferences>>Wallpaper hack (uncheck it)
----In the same settings menu, try unchecking System persistent, and changing the Scrolling cache settings
----In Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Performance settings try unchecking 16bit, and Lock home in memory
--Most likely your issues will solve themselves in a few reboots if the above don't ideas don't help.

I do not know how various themes may be affected. I did my best to keep the default setting to incorporate themes, but if you use either the custom color or transparent settings, they may interfere with the theme.

What I'm working towards is the ability to do virtually all theming directly on the phone. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: kraven

Coak13y

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this rom for a couple months now and i love it!

only problem is I don't get notifications for txt messages anymore, I Thought It had something to do with the version but I just updated today to the latest version and still no notifications. Anyone know how to fix this?

if this has already been mentioned sorry don't feel like reading through 300+ pages to find it lol

BTW LOVE The transparent statues bar!=)

gourd

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this rom for a couple months now and i love it!

only problem is I don't get notifications for txt messages anymore, I Thought It had something to do with the version but I just updated today to the latest version and still no notifications. Anyone know how to fix this?

if this has already been mentioned sorry don't feel like reading through 300+ pages to find it lol

BTW LOVE The transparent statues bar!=)

It might seem a little obvious but text notifications are controlled in both the messaging> settings menu and the profiles menu. Might be worth checking those!