[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

foxchild

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
omg omg omg. how do i remove the "your phone will self destruct" bootup sound?!!! you ass! that scared me off my chair! lol

Last edited:

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
How do I get the weekday, date back in the notification bar like below? Mine doesn't show date...
screenshot-1318886655708.png

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
omg omg omg. how do i remove the "your phone will self destruct" bootup sound?!!! you ass! that scared me off my chair! lol
Remove or replace the file /system/media/android_audio.mp3 (using a root capable file manager). ;)

How do I get the weekday, date back in the notification bar like below? Mine doesn't show date...
Click to view quoted image
Here's a screenshot of mine with the latest build (1221), showing the status bar dropdown with the date and weekday visible:
screenshot-1324503514625.png

Note- The date was not in the previous build. ;)

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
umm sorry for double posting, but...

do you see anything wrong with this picture?

If you didn't see it, i'm talking about the search widget, it shows a magnifying glass instead of the "G" Google symbol.

Not a big problem, but just bringing it to your attention. ^^

EDIT: Also, for some reason, when I flashed this update I lost my google account that was on the phone. Idk what to do now xD.

EDIT2: never mind, doing a full wipe solved those problems. Thanks again for the new update ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryScript

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Task killers can and will actually hurt your battery life. You have to understand the Android system, which keeps things in the background without using battery. It then recalls those things when needed. If you use a task killer to kill those things, then they have to re-initialize each time, instead of being called from the background already initialized. This wastes your battery in the process. ;)

I keep trying to tell my girlfriend this but she doesn't listen. lol

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Once I start, I can't stop. :s

Does setCPU profiles help? :OO

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

You mean help battery life or......?

They help me, i have them set to lower the CPU when charging, when getting too hot, after my battery gets to a certain percentage. Just depends on the person and situation.

Sent from your mom's phone.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You mean help battery life or......?

They help me, i have them set to lower the CPU when charging, when getting too hot, after my battery gets to a certain percentage. Just depends on the person and situation.

Sent from your mom's phone.

Yes. Could you share a screenshot or backup profile?

rcsrich

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be a bug in the drivers, which we have never fully figured out. There are comments in the repository about it, which can be found on the wiki.

So I discovered a workaround of sorts posted by sind over at AndroidForums that seems to work- while in a call, jack the volume up all the way and then all the way back down! You have to do it both while in earpiece mode and speakerphone mode, but the volume is now back down to the loud-but-not-unbearable volume of the stock ROM. It seems to be a common complaint with Gingerbread, so I figured I'd give it a try. We'll see if it sticks through a reboot...

rcsrich

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So I discovered a workaround of sorts posted by sind over at AndroidForums that seems to work- while in a call, jack the volume up all the way and then all the way back down! You have to do it both while in earpiece mode and speakerphone mode, but the volume is now back down to the loud-but-not-unbearable volume of the stock ROM. It seems to be a common complaint with Gingerbread, so I figured I'd give it a try. We'll see if it sticks through a reboot...

...and it doesn't stick through a reboot. Crap. :(

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Only bug I get in BACKside 1221 is the notifications. I have 3 and tried to slide 1 away, it froze, but the status bar can still go back up. Just can't click notifications. :p

llamadon

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Only bug I get in BACKside 1221 is the notifications. I have 3 and tried to slide 1 away, it froze, but the status bar can still go back up. Just can't click notifications. :p

Yep. Just had it too.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior yet. I've tried with various numbers of notifications present, and they all swiped away easily.

Did you wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing the latest build?
Did you allow the phone to completely boot before attempting to swipe away notifications (at least 10 minutes so background processs can complete)
What type of notification got stuck?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Edit-- Initial feedback after this warning shows it's an isolated problem with my phone, which is reasonable with all the flashing, tweaking, and testing. Please test your camera to be sure!

Warning!!!--- If you are running the 1221 build of BACKside, please test your camera now. I'm having trouble with mine not responding. I don't have time to troubleshoot before Xmas, and I know many people will be wanting to take pics/vids with their phones.

Please revert to the 1216 build if you have any issues with the camera, I don't want to be responsible for missed memories.

Hopefully it's just an isolated problem with my phone, no one else has reported issues with the camera on 1221 yet. I just want to be proactive and try to keep anyone from having an unpleasant xmas experience. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: kraven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995