[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Worked out great! I did a full wipe just for giggles and almost everything works great! :)

However. I have no Deep Sleep with wifi on, though it does work in Harmonia 1.x. Confirmed with CPU Spy. Did I miss something?
That may be a change in IHO.
Mine doesn't seem to downgrade to 3g like it used to. On the other hand, it doesn't seem to be hurting the battery as much.

Just did a full wipe and install and then restored my apps, and everything works great! The only thing is when I go to the music player it doesn't recognize WMA files which IS A bummer as Harmonize 1.7 didn't have a problem with them. is there a way to fix that? Or do i have to batch convert to mp3 then?

Thanks for a great GB ROM! :Dr
You're welcome.
Honestly, convert the WMA files to mp3. WMA is a proprietary format that also can also contain DRM. Neither of which is good, but also mp3's are universal.

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome.
Honestly, convert the WMA files to mp3. WMA is a proprietary format that also can also contain DRM. Neither of which is good, but also mp3's are universal.

Kay. Also, Everything else works except for the Netflix app which is out of sync. I wouldn't normally ask for tips on forums for an app, but this version of the Netflix app worked fine on Harmonia 1.7, the new version wasn't syncing so I used the old version. Now neither are in sync, any ideas?

Pinan

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
More wifi/deep sleep info, from my post above:

I confirmed that if I stay around wifi, Harmonia 2 does not deep-sleep. But if I leave my home/wifi, and am then on 3G (wifi has dropped), deep-sleep kicks in. Sigh. Battery has dropped 15% in 2.5 hours with very light use. Yikes.

With Harmonia 1.7 deep-sleep always worked.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
On backside 1221 I may have found a bluetooth bug. Ok I use bluetooth file transfer to move files between phones sometimes. I can pair and transfer files fine from my backside IHO phone to my wife's stock rom v no problem. I recently set up 2 of my friends with backside as well. bluetooth file transfer worked fine on stock but between 2 backside phones it won't pair or transfer files for some reason. I'll get a screenshot later with the error I get

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Armacham

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue with theme chooser on your new build, leslie. I use the ics theme but the battery icon will not change any more. I tried some other themes and had the same problem.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry, Just one minor problem.... Rom Manager doesn't work with this latest update. When I went to Re-flash the recovery after installing the update it asks if my phone is a LG Optimus C LW690 not a LG Optimus VM670. Should I try to flash a different recovery,or forget about the need to re-flash a new recovery (do I need to ? ) as I have everything backed up already. ( including the stock rom ). Please Advise.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry, Just one minor problem.... Rom Manager doesn't work with this latest update. When I went to Re-flash the recovery after installing the update it asks if my phone is a LG Optimus C LW690 not a LG Optimus VM670. Should I try to flash a different recovery,or forget about the need to re-flash a new recovery (do I need to ? ) as I have everything backed up already. ( including the stock rom ). Please Advise.

I do not support ROM Manager, nor will I ever. Download the recommended recovery and ROM zip files from the third post in this thread. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: CuriousNoob

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Flash caveman style, it's more reliable.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please update the IHO wiki on flashing a recovery? (Did that sound bossy? I didn't mean it to be) Either direct them to use the flash image GUI app, tell how to flash through terminal emulator (the current steps don't work unless flash_image is already in /system/bin with the correct permissions, most newbies probably don't have this, nor the knowledge to do it), or if you are feeling adventurous (and feel like helping ALOT more people ;)) instruct on flashing using adb. I don't reccomend the last one ;). I feel like instructions on how to do this are the last thing missing from the wiki.

Oh and one last thing: If anyone does edit the wiki, they may want to make it more clear not to use ROM Managers recovery. It will save many more problems in the long run :)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

LolWhat?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please update the IHO wiki on flashing a recovery? (Did that sound bossy? I didn't mean it to be) Either direct them to use the flash image GUI app, tell how to flash through terminal emulator (the current steps don't work unless flash_image is already in /system/bin with the correct permissions, most newbies probably don't have this, nor the knowledge to do it), or if you are feeling adventurous (and feel like helping ALOT more people ;)) instruct on flashing using adb. I don't reccomend the last one ;). I feel like instructions on how to do this are the last thing missing from the wiki.

Oh and one last thing: If anyone does edit the wiki, they may want to make it more clear not to use ROM Managers recovery. It will save many more problems in the long run :)

I'm pretty sure most of the current ROMs have flash_image already in them...I've never had to put it on my phone to use it. Of course if you're talking as an alternative to using ROM Manager when you first root so you can install the custom ROM, then yes those instructions couple be quite helpful

notufatjesus

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Merry Christmas!!

Click to view quoted image

Harmonia 2!!!!
My sincere thanks to Mrg666 for his help in making this happen.
Harmonia_2.zip
Md5: c892739b4da0dc5c8f432796c2dd8605
My advice is wipe everything and start fresh.

Support for H2 is provided here, NOT in the Harmonia 1.7 thread.

Couple things...
You do NOT need Gapps.
Uses stock GB Launcher.
Includes Email, Gmail and Market.
All included items are up to date.

This is basically a stock GB factory style rom, similar to how Harmonia 1 is a tweaked stock rom. However, it is still built from IHO.

Removed:
ADWLauncher.apk
Androidian.apk
AndroidTerm.apk
CMStats.apk
CMUpdateNotify.apk
CMWallpapers.apk
Development.apk
DownloadProviderUi.apk
FileManager.apk
FM.apk
Livewallpapers.apk (Live wallpapers still work, just none are included)
MagicSmokewallpapers.apk
Protips.apk
SpareParts.apk
VisualizationWallpapers.apk
boot animation
wallpaper
languages other than us english and spanish

Edit: Added to Github page.

Is JerryScripts Green Machine theme compatible with your rom,Leslie?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay