[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Camera is fine for me also.

I am, however, having another strange bug on recent builds that I hoping someone here can help me out with. When I play podcasts or other large media files, the android system isn't "counting time". I don't know how else to put it, but it causes fiiles not to resume playback. If I start playing a file, the counter stays at 0:00. If I pause after a few minutes (or an hour), and resume play, it starts back at the begining. It's obviously a bug on the android system, because all media players do it (I've tried several, stock, double twist, etc..)

The odd thing is, if I fast forward a bit, it starts counting and resumes fine, but it's annoying to have to do this several times a day. It seems like a bug that popped up for me around the 12/6 build of Backside. I've tried everything I know, I've done full wipes of the system and reinstalled the rom and gapps. All md5's are good. I still constantly get the problem. Anyone have an idea?

BTW: smaller music files, like songs, are fine, the counter begins as expected.

Thanks guys, have a great holiday!

I have this problem too, all players, on the 12-10 Mirage build. Googling suggests that later nightly CM7 builds fix this. Anyone on the new Harmonia build able to test this?

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I also have Bluetooth problems with the latest backside. It pairs with the other device (Galaxy Ace) but won't send or receive a file. It comes up with an error.
Doesn't really bother me, idc xD
I don't use Bluetooth. Only to transfer mp3s with a friend.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I also have Bluetooth problems with the latest backside. It pairs with the other device (Galaxy Ace) but won't send or receive a file. It comes up with an error.
Doesn't really bother me, idc xD
I don't use Bluetooth. Only to transfer mp3s with a friend.

Yeah I don't use it a lot either but still good to let the devs know. Hasen't bothered me enough to switch from backside

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure most of the current ROMs have flash_image already in them...I've never had to put it on my phone to use it. Of course if you're talking as an alternative to using ROM Manager when you first root so you can install the custom ROM, then yes those instructions couple be quite helpful

Stock ROMs don't have flash_image. I know when I went to flash a recovery on my sisters phone, I had no idea what was missing, nor did I know the location of where I could download the flash image file. I really think getting rid of the current section on how to flash a recovery would be good, and just replacing it with something saying "Go to the market, download the "Flash Image GUI" app, and follow instructions from there."

If thats to easy, this could be put there:

Code:
1. Download your recovery (IHO Recovery works best, and works on newer V screens) Download links are below
2. Download Flash_image (download link below (Here provide a download link...)). 
3. Place both files on your SD Card.
4. If you haven't already, download terminal emulator from the market.
5. Star terminal emulator. Type "su" into the command line. The sign should change to a #.
6. Then type 
[CODE]
mount -o remount, rw /system
cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
cd /system/bin
chmod 777 flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/VM670NH_recovery.img
reboot recovery

You can use chrome to phone to make it easier to type in commands, by highlighting in your browser and clicking the button. The text will be copied to the clipboard on your phone for easy pasting and less possibility of typos.[/CODE]

Would someone just add that to the wiki to save on future headaches?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I will discuss it with the other devs, but the wiki is not meant to walk people through the steps of rooting and installing a custom recovery. It's meant to help with installing IHO based ROMs. Not sure if we should clutter it with every bit of knowledge available, or keep it focused on IHO.

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem too, all players, on the 12-10 Mirage build. Googling suggests that later nightly CM7 builds fix this. Anyone on the new Harmonia build able to test this?

I tested Harmonia and all the IHO builds yesterday, every single one of them had this problem, only way I could fix it was by returning to Harmonia 1.6 (Froyo), not something I wanted to do.

I eventually found a fix, however. I was using BeyondPod to auto download my podcasts (something that worked great since I got the phone in April), something about the IHO roms does not like where BeyondPod is storing it's files (/sdcard/beyondpod/podcasts). When I moved the files to the actual music folder on my sdcard with a file manager, they worked fine. BeyondPod doesn't allow you to change the storage folder of files, so I instead am currently testing the free version of DoggCatcher, which seems to be working great (it costs $5, which is annoying, as I already spent $7 on BeyondPod). The files do resume while playing back in the stock music app, which is what I wanted.

And, surprisingly, after all that testing of roms, I wound up keeping the 12/10 mirage build. It seems the fastest and most stable on my phone, and I like that the stock live wallpapers are included (I'm a sucker for Nexus). Also, the roboto font is very nice, it adds a bit of polish that Android desperately needs.

So after months of Backside and BeyondPod working great for me, they just broke. Switching to Mirage and DoggCatcher seems to be working great, so I plan to stick with it and avoid updates for a while, everything seems to be working :) (nothing against Backside, I'm fairly certain BeyondPod is the real problem here, Jerry makes a great rom!)

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I will discuss it with the other devs, but the wiki is not meant to walk people through the steps of rooting and installing a custom recovery. It's meant to help with installing IHO based ROMs. Not sure if we should clutter it with every bit of knowledge available, or keep it focused on IHO.

OK. Well when you put it that way, you're right. No need to clutter it up. Don't put it there if you feel there is no need to. It was but a suggestion.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean caveman style? :L
Boot into recovery and flash your rom there.

You should not install a rom from the OS and you shouldn't install a recovery from recovery. This is by design for safety reasons. You also should only do one at a time, making sure at least one of the two systems is still working.

So long as one system works you almost cannot brick the phone. Using some of these programs to automate things and do it all at once, leads to people doing exactly what they should not do.

Reactions: JerryScript

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I tested Harmonia and all the IHO builds yesterday, every single one of them had this problem, only way I could fix it was by returning to Harmonia 1.6 (Froyo), not something I wanted to do.

I eventually found a fix, however. I was using BeyondPod to auto download my podcasts (something that worked great since I got the phone in April), something about the IHO roms does not like where BeyondPod is storing it's files (/sdcard/beyondpod/podcasts). When I moved the files to the actual music folder on my sdcard with a file manager, they worked fine. BeyondPod doesn't allow you to change the storage folder of files, so I instead am currently testing the free version of DoggCatcher, which seems to be working great (it costs $5, which is annoying, as I already spent $7 on BeyondPod). The files do resume while playing back in the stock music app, which is what I wanted.

And, surprisingly, after all that testing of roms, I wound up keeping the 12/10 mirage build. It seems the fastest and most stable on my phone, and I like that the stock live wallpapers are included (I'm a sucker for Nexus). Also, the roboto font is very nice, it adds a bit of polish that Android desperately needs.

So after months of Backside and BeyondPod working great for me, they just broke. Switching to Mirage and DoggCatcher seems to be working great, so I plan to stick with it and avoid updates for a while, everything seems to be working :) (nothing against Backside, I'm fairly certain BeyondPod is the real problem here, Jerry makes a great rom!)
You should try PocketCasts. I was using beyondpod and doggcatcher and still having problems- but PocketCasts was problem free and quick response from the developers. Great GUI too.

Reactions: Silence99

bkwright87

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. How do you install a recovery (backup) otherwise, if you're using Xionia? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

I apologize, if this is a silly question.

You install a recovery either through ADB, on your computer, or a terminal emulator, on your phone. There are flashble zips that flash a recovery within the recovery you are in currently. Those work fine for me, then again, every phone is different.

Reactions: Pinan

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Think of it this way, you wouldn't change your transmission while you are driving, since you are using it. ;)

Same with a recovery or OS, don't change it while using it. Change the recovery from within the OS or fastboot. Change the OS from within recovery or fastboot. Some people like the comfort of a known method so they use flashable recoveries, since the recovery is loaded into active memory while being used, it isn't being overwritten by the flashing process. YMMV

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Think of it this way, you wouldn't change your transmission while you are driving, since you are using it. ;)

Same with a recovery or OS, don't change it while using it. Change the recovery from within the OS or fastboot. Change the OS from within recovery or fastboot. Some people like the comfort of a known method so they use flashable recoveries, since the recovery is loaded into active memory while being used, it isn't being overwritten by the flashing process. YMMV
Very well said.
I have flashed, flashable zip recoveries from recovery several times with no issue's. But yes, there is margin for something to go wrong, and you would be up a creak with no paddle. The risk how ever can be minimized if you check your flashable zip with a MD5 and make sure you have the correct recovery. This is where most mistakes are made. I know I am not telling you anything you do not know Jerry, so this is for others :p

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Jerry having a couple wifi related issues. Im not sure if it is the rom or Green Power. The problem is once the phone sleeps it will report that my router is out of range. A reboot fixes the problem I cant say it is not annoying, it is easily "fixed".

Its not instant most of the time its only if my phone has sat untouched for an hour or so. I had this same issue a while back but it "fixed" itself. Ill uninstall GPP tomorrow and see if it is still doing it.

Build is 1221 backside.

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
You should try PocketCasts. I was using beyondpod and doggcatcher and still having problems- but PocketCasts was problem free and quick response from the developers. Great GUI too.

With PocketCasts, are you able to use the stock music player and get resume working? I really don't like that their app is $3 and there is no free trial or anything. I know $3 doesn't sound like much money, but if it isn't going to fix my problem, I'm just throwing it away.

Turns out that DoggCatcher has stopped working for me as well, it works when I start a podcast, but if I pause and resume more than once, it looses place. This is an extremely annoying issue for me, my phone is a podcast player primarily (after being a phone, of course), it's bad enough I'm considering a phone switch from the V, if only Virgin offered a phone that was a real upgrade...

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had an Optimus V for about 3 months now. It's the first smart phone I've owned, and it's been rooted for about a month and a half. That entire time, BACKside has been the only ROM I've tried. I like it, it's really been good. But I saw this post, and decided to give Harmonia 2 a try.

Wow. Just wow. I thought that BACKside gave me a reasonable speed increase, but Harmonia 2 is just incredibly fast. I am really, thoroughly impressed. I haven't encountered a single FC so far.

What is it lacking that would be slowing it down, I mean, is a custom launcher really that much of a drag on the system? Whatever it is that you're doing, keep it up. I am so pleased with this ROM, I really can't tell you how much I appreciate your work.

Pinan

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
You install a recovery either through ADB, on your computer, or a terminal, on your phone. There are flashble zips that flash a recovery within the recovery you are in currently. Those work fine for me, then again, every phone is different.
Thank you everyone. As I figured, I was confusing terminology. Recovery with Rom Backup. Silly me.

Happy New Year! :)

notufatjesus

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Using HARMONIA 2 and the only thing that I see is a slower 3G speed. Anyone seem to have this problem? I still have Jerryscripts Rom with a Nandroid backup but wow ....love the bloat removal she did and now I have more space. MISS THE GREEN MACHINE AND CENTER CLOCK OPTIONS ;/ AWESOME ROM! !!!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

valdin777

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Good day.
LG Optimus V Cyanogen Mod 7 problem, HELP!
My camera starts without litbo clicking on the button and spontaneously does it in any application or task. She was not flooded and is not shorted. Help solve the problem so as to use the phone just is not possible. This happens when she wants, if she lives her life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463