[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. Does anybody have experience with the wifi during sleep settings? I read the following article that recommended keeping the wifi on during sleep (think this was written by Jerry).

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-101-save-battery-keeping-wifi-alive

I mad the setting change and installed the Y5 application to turn wifi off when out of range of a known wifi network. My battery life seems to have gone down though. I have only been using this for the past two days and still need to experiment. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
That article is a bit misleading, they need to give more details. The scenario it is describing only will save you power when you are near a known wifi access point. If moving from one wifi area to another, it will actually decrease your battery life.

I turn off wifi when I leave my house, and turn it back on when I get home, or when I'm near a known wifi access point. Anytime I'm away from a known access point, 3g takes over.

3g may take alot of juice searching for towers, especially if you are in between a couple with no clear winner in signal strength. However, wifi uses more power searching for an access point, so if it's enabled when you are away from one, it will drain your battery faster than 3g.

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Jerry! Makes sense. What you described was what I used to do earlier and it seemed like my battery life was a whole lot better. Time to go back! Appreciate the help.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that my battery has gone up if I'm in airplaine mode in an area with really strong service and I have wifi on a few minutes... which brings me to my field of interest... trying to power things off of thin air. Has anyone heard of doing that? My dream is to make phones that don't need to be charged but can run by being charged off the network.

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
hi!
So i just updated from the August build to the latest one, and my taskbar clock is gone.. I realized it was set to be centered in cm7 settings, after i set that to the left though, there is an empty space where the clock used to be. Suggestions?

Also, i was trying to get Ubuntu working and it wasn't working cause of no support for loop devices or something... What should i do to fix this? New kernel? I'd like to keep backside as my ROM if possible

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Toxic_intruder, your clock disappeared because its the same color as your status bar. Change the color of the clock to something light and then reboot the phone, and Viola, your clock will magically appear;)

Reactions: Toxic_Intruder

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
hi!
So i just updated from the August build to the latest one, and my taskbar clock is gone.. I realized it was set to be centered in cm7 settings, after i set that to the left though, there is an empty space where the clock used to be. Suggestions?

Also, i was trying to get Ubuntu working and it wasn't working cause of no support for loop devices or something... What should i do to fix this? New kernel? I'd like to keep backside as my ROM if possible

Whoa I just KNEW something was different about my taskbar! Duh I didn't notice the clock was missing.. just that it looked.. bare!

hah!

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Whoa I just KNEW something was different about my taskbar! Duh I didn't notice the clock was missing.. just that it looked.. bare!

hah!

Yea on the backside rom the clock default color is black :) just change the color and select if you want it in the center or to the right corner reboot your phone for the fun of it;) and enjoy

!!Hormonia 2 GB!!!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
FYI- You shouldn't have to reboot after changing the clock color or position. You only need a reboot after changing status bar background color or notification dropdown background color. You can avoid a reboot after changing those background colors by using Notification Restart from the Market. ;)

Reactions: anthonycr

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
FYI- You shouldn't have to reboot after changing the clock color or position. You only need a reboot after changing status bar background color or notification dropdown background color. You can avoid a reboot after changing those background colors by using Notification Restart from the Market. ;)

Its funny how confused people seem to be getting with that clock on your Rom, JerryScript:p

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey, idk if this is my fault or anything, but I've been having an increase of random restarts. They happen most of the time when the battery is low (like around 35 and less), and happens when I wake up the phone when its locked. Oddly though, when I play music, nothing happens, it's just when the phone is idle and wakes up then I press on something (like the browser), or swipe from left to right then it freezes for like 10 seconds, and restarts.

sheureka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I put CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-BACKside-IHO-KANG on my phone. First time I've ever done anything like this and it was amazingly easy with the instructions on this forum. But I've got a couple of questions that I'm sure have simple answers.

How to I view (and clear) notifications? Some programs won't download - I get a not enough space message. I clearly do have enough space (thanks!) and these are all programs I've had on the phone before. Any idea why that might be happening?

And many, many thanks to all of you who have done the work toward making this a really good little phone.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
mrg666: I updated to your 0104 last night, and so far not a glitch, all stable. Of course that's what I've come to expect ;)

At first I thought it felt a bit slower, but I don't notice anything now. Must've been a reverse placebo.

Oh, and it really DOES seem to boot quite a bit faster without the boot animation.

Thanks a lot. To you, Bobz, Jerry, blarf and anyone else involved :)

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

Reactions: mrg666

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I put CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-BACKside-IHO-KANG on my phone. First time I've ever done anything like this and it was amazingly easy with the instructions on this forum. But I've got a couple of questions that I'm sure have simple answers.

How to I view (and clear) notifications? Some programs won't download - I get a not enough space message. I clearly do have enough space (thanks!) and these are all programs I've had on the phone before. Any idea why that might be happening?

And many, many thanks to all of you who have done the work toward making this a really good little phone.

Well as for the notifications... you have adw launcher as your launcher since it comes stock on BACKside, and SOOOOOO, you have to go into adw settings and adjust ui options to make the notifications on pulldown. I'm sure you'll find it;)

As for not enough space... idk. Anybody else?

Reactions: sheureka

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Well as for the notifications... you have adw launcher as your launcher since it comes stock on BACKside, and SOOOOOO, you have to go into adw settings and adjust ui options to make the notifications on pulldown. I'm sure you'll find it;)

As for not enough space... idk. Anybody else?

When you say you do have enough space, are you talking about in ROM or on the SD card? If your programs are all loaded in ROM, you can move some of them to SD card storage and free up ROM space.

Reactions: sheureka

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles