[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Next build should accidently have Jerry's status bar tweaks... just saying. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Jerry did an excellent job. I would prefer leaving those tweaks BACKside exclusive - at least for a while ;)

I also want to stay close to CM repo at least until CM7.2 Final arrives. I can't know how they will interact with the possibly large number of commits before CM7.2 release.There has been so many problem commits in the CM repo recently that we had to track down. This will be harder after adding more variables into the equation. With the above reasons, I will wait until after 7.2 release.

Last edited:

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Its cool, Jerry has done some awesome stuff, and it deserves to stay with backside. Maybe I will try to dual boot now that I have a working SD again, so I can have the best of both worlds

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Believe me, mrg666 is being prudent. There is no telling what kind of headaches I may have to deal with when CM7.2 Final is released! ;)

I totally get it, this is time consuming and a pain in the butt, I don't have the patience to do what you guys do. You have to start from scratch on all your tweaks when ever there is the smallest change to the system UI. Over on xda, I was helping one of the guys with a themed rom, that's the first thing I warned him about, updating a themed rom is more of a pain than its worth. I'm so thankful for you guys going through all this trouble, so we don't have to

Reactions: mrg666

stu310

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Since the post is so long I apologize first if it's already been covered but I have a problem with installing most new apps from the Market. I keep getting a error when I download a new app stating "insufficient space on the device". I recently upgraded my Optimus to the CM7 and moved almost all my apps over to the SD card. The phone shows only 52mb used and 127mb free!

Any suggrestions? Thanks

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Since the post is so long I apologize first if it's already been covered but I have a problem with installing most new apps from the Market. I keep getting a error when I download a new app stating "insufficient space on the device". I recently upgraded my Optimus to the CM7 and moved almost all my apps over to the SD card. The phone shows only 52mb used and 127mb free!

Any suggrestions? Thanks

Try this

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...cks/147833-market-insufficient-space-fix.html

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry, I didn't know we OV owners had roaming! My husband is a truck driver and when he goes more than 200+ miles away his phone ( running IHO CM7.1 on a new OV ) loses all it's bars & 3g signal, then a triangle flashes and says "Digital Roaming" instead of Virgin Mobile. It will auto-reboot and have regular signal after that. My old OV ( running same software ) doesn't do that, it just loses all signal, then nothing. I have to manually reboot it to get a new signal. Is it the firmware difference? I like that his does it on it's own, it's a nice feature to have if your busy driving 60,000 lbs. of truck down the highway. if it's a software thing, then thank you very much. Great Work Again !

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry, I didn't know we OV owners had roaming! My husband is a truck driver and when he goes more than 200+ miles away his phone ( running IHO CM7.1 on a new OV ) loses all it's bars & 3g signal, then a triangle flashes and says "Digital Roaming" instead of Virgin Mobile. It will auto-reboot and have regular signal after that. My old OV ( running same software ) doesn't do that, it just loses all signal, then nothing. I have to manually reboot it to get a new signal. Is it the firmware difference? I like that his does it on it's own, it's a nice feature to have if your busy driving 60,000 lbs. of truck down the highway. if it's a software thing, then thank you very much. Great Work Again !

VM does not have roaming, but your settings may allow you to think you are. Sounds like you were being handed off between leased cell towers. It's a common practice in the cell phone industry for carriers to lease space from each other in areas they are tower or spectrum poor. Depending on the agreement, this is or is not roaming. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-01092012.zip
md5sum c149c3a2b198cb5de96b84abd572d390

GreenMachineTheme-01092012.zip

Changes:
-Made some changes to status bar and notification dropdown background settings to impove theme support (needs testing)
-Added custom notification dropdown background image, please submit additional ones to add in future builds, selection will be based on popularity (donaters to Blarf will of course be given preference ;))
-Add option to make media the default volume control, default is still ringer volume, helps when trying to set a song's volume before you begin playing it (embarassment saver ;))
-Added ADB Over Network option to Settings>>Applications>>Development
Once enabled, go to Settings>>Wireless and network settings>>WiFi settings then press your menu key and select Advanced
Use the IP address listed and add port 5000 to use ADB via WiFi
Code:
adb connect 192.168.1.123:5555
(replace IP address with your phone's)

As always, thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, LeslieAnn, kermikalelite, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, the CM team, the AOSP team, and many many more! ;)

notufatjesus

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
New build is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-01092012.zip
md5sum c149c3a2b198cb5de96b84abd572d390

GreenMachineTheme-01092012.zip

Changes:
-Made some changes to status bar and notification dropdown background settings to impove theme support (needs testing)
-Added custom notification dropdown background image, please submit additional ones to add in future builds, selection will be based on popularity (donaters to Blarf will of course be given preference ;))
-Add option to make media the default volume control, default is still ringer volume, helps when trying to set a song's volume before you begin playing it (embarassment saver ;))
-Added ADB Over Network option to Settings>>Applications>>Development
Once enabled, go to Settings>>Wireless and network settings>>WiFi settings then press your menu key and select Advanced
Use the IP address listed and add port 5000 to use ADB via WiFi
Code:
adb connect 192.168.1.123:5555
(replace IP address with your phone's)

As always, thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, LeslieAnn, kermikalelite, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, the CM team, the AOSP team, and many many more! ;)

Yessssss! Im on it

Reactions: mustafu

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Heads up, I think I got my logic backwards on the changes to the status bar background settings in the 0109 build.

Setting to Theme and applying my GreenMachineTheme gives you a transparent status bar, while setting to ROM gives you the GreenMachineTheme's status bar background image. That's backwards.

Sorry, will fix in next build, just use the opposite of what you normally would for now. ;)

Reactions: notown

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry, question about your ROM: The screen even at its lowest brightness is brighter than on my old bumblebee ROM. I got some root brightness app off the market and it will lower the brightness back to its normal low, so I am just wondering why the lowest setting is still brighter than the actual lowest brightness.

btw... I keep trying to find ways your ROM could be improved, and I am delightfully at a loss as to what could be improved;) pure gingerbread awesomeness

Reactions: JerryScript

toddm27

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
can anyone tell me how to get a usb connection to work with this rom? I have tried several with the last few roms and can't seem to get the option to connect to usb storage in notifications, is there a force for it?

notufatjesus

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
can anyone tell me how to get a usb connection to work with this rom? I have tried several with the last few roms and can't seem to get the option to connect to usb storage in notifications, is there a force for it?

Its a known GB rom bug. You'll need to put your sd card on another device to access your files.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Now that you mention it I was having that problem the other day. It kept turning off my usb storage, but I just checked and mine is working...

You need the drivers installed on your computer I believe. Maybe thats just for adb though.

notufatjesus

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Jerry.
Downloaded your latest build 01/09 and when I tried flashing it, I got:
E: Can't open/sdcard/Backside-iho-vm670-01092012.zip
(Unknown error. 0)
Installation aborted

Is it a recovery issue? I been using Zionist fine with your previous builds. Could be a.bad download ....gonna re do it. Any ideas?

#####***************######
Fixed .....it was a bad download. Thanks for the new build.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance