[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just for safety, I went ahead and did a fresh build this morning, after removing ftmpower. I still doubt it has anything to do with anyone's wifi issues, but better safe than sorry. Use the new BacksideUpdater to get the 01192012 build. ;)

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
how do i boot into recovery using the imge that Jerry said b4.. im new (extremely)... i just flashed the rom yesterday with rom manager becuase there are no video tutorial and i got it booting but it got stuck on the boot animation

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
how do i boot into recovery using the imge that Jerry said b4.. im new (extremely)... i just flashed the rom yesterday with rom manager becuase there are no video tutorial and i got it booting but it got stuck on the boot animation

Easiest way I know is to rename the recovery.img to a letter .img such as x.img and have that in your SD card with flash_image. Then to go the Terminal and type

Su
cd sdcard
flash_image recovery x.img

Should get alot of txt about MTD or something like that. :p

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Just for safety, I went ahead and did a fresh build this morning, after removing ftmpower. I still doubt it has anything to do with anyone's wifi issues, but better safe than sorry. Use the new BacksideUpdater to get the 01192012 build. ;)

I tried the IHO recovery. No matter what I do, with the newer build, it always goes to Wifi cutting off. I tried atleast 6 times.

Also, Megaupload has been shut down.... :'(

Megaupload.com has been Shut Down! | xda-developers

Edit: Just tried Jan 19th build. Wifi is still broken, but not in other roms. Any idea? I change my recovery 3 times in the past 30 minutes. xD

Last edited:

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried the IHO recovery. No matter what I do, with the newer build, it always goes to Wifi cutting off. I tried atleast 6 times.

Edit: Just tried Jan 19th build. Wifi is still broken, but not in other roms. Any idea? I change my recovery 3 times in the past 30 minutes. xD

Wipe phone and either flash one of Jerry's builds before the 1/18 one along with gapps or restore a backup if you have it. Boot into rom and make sure wifi works. Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache only. Flash new build and it should work

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Wipe phone and either flash one of Jerry's builds before the 1/18 one along with gapps or restore a backup if you have it. Boot into rom and make sure wifi works. Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache only. Flash new build and it should work

And try and use Jerry's ROM manager if possible.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

How many different wifi networks have you tried connecting to?

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I thought the V was taken off ROM manager? Have you not read the countless threads saying not to use it? Download an official ROM from here and flash it with an official recovery.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
We had a big discussion about this in my guide about how to break your optimus, it slowly degenerated into a rant against rom manager:p Its cause way to many problems.

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
what is the proper way to boot into recovery from the optimus v.. because i know absolutely nothing about this topic. Do i have to do it from my computer or from the phone? What do i do with the image becaise i havnt full y understood that? And can you give me step by step instructions on how to flash. thx in advance

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
what is the proper way to boot into recovery from the optimus v.. because i know absolutely nothing about this topic. Do i have to do it from my computer or from the phone? What do i do with the image becaise i havnt full y understood that? And can you give me step by step instructions on how to flash. thx in advance

There are plenty threads stickied at the top of the ov forums. Read all them and when you fully understand them, try it out. And if u have problems. Then let us know and we will do anything to help you out.

Edit. Btw i have been using wifi the past 3days at the hospital constant. And right now too. No problems at all.

Sent from your mom's phone.

2stupid

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
having troubles with the wifi on 1-18 build too
just no available networks.

md5 checks out
reflashed , following instructions for updating from previous :)

downgraded to 1-10 build.
following instructions for updating from previous
no wifi still.
using recommended recovery.

made backup of what is not working at this point, if anyone interested.

restored to BACKside-IHO-VM670-01102012 backup
wifi worked
applied BACKside-IHO-VM670-01182012 again .
no wifi
reboot, no wifi
restored to BACKside-IHO-VM670-12162011
applied BACKside-IHO-VM670-01182012 again

wifi is working.

edit.
wifi kinda working
wifi says it is still connected several minutes after i turned my wireless router off.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I thought the V was taken off ROM manager? Have you not read the countless threads saying not to use it? Download an official ROM from here and flash it with an official recovery.

They are referring to my new BacksideUpdater, something I hope we can eventually replace ROM Manager with. ;)

veeco

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello just installed 01182012 ROM and noticed that wifi does not work will turn it on after 15 se or so will turn off by itself im unable to search for any wifi will not see any networks anybody have the same problem ? i reloaded 10102012 and its working fine .

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello just installed 01182012 ROM and noticed that wifi does not work will turn it on after 15 se or so will turn off by itself im unable to search for any wifi will not see any networks anybody have the same problem ? i reloaded 10102012 and its working fine .

These kinds of posts are why Devs stop building....

If you would take the time to read the last say ten pages of this thread you would see it is a known issue. However Jerry cant replicate it and is stumped on why it is happening. Some people were able to install over a working backup I myself have reverted back to a older build. Nothing I did would bring wifi back up.

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this has been reported yet, but it won't let me turn on my phone while it is charging. It flashes the IHO logo and then just returns to the charging battery animation.