[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I goofed and left an improper logic condition in the BacksideUpdater. It doesn't check to see if the current build equals the latest build, only if it's older. If it is the same date, it acts like there's an update available. Attached is a flashable zip file that will fix it. Since I made it a system file, I can't just upload the update apk, it could cause problems with future updates after future ROM installs, so you'll have to flash this fix in recovery. Sorry for the pita. ;)

FYI- With this version of the BacksideUpdater, you can download the ROM file anyway you like, and still use the app to check it's integrity.

--Simply download it to /sdcard/download via the phone, your PC, dropbox, whatever, just be sure you put it in the download directory on your sdcard.
--Open the app, and check for updates.
--It will determine if you have begun downloading the ROM zip file, and if it has finished downloading based on the file size (if you have a frozen download, you'll have to manually delete it for now).
--It will then check the MD5 sum to insure there was no corruption during the download process. ;)

On my backside updater it does say that Ian up to date 1/25/2012 which I downloaded using b-updater;) so iam guessing there no me for me to flash this. Zip ;)

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Wipe phone and either flash one of Jerry's builds before the 1/18 one along with gapps or restore a backup if you have it. Boot into rom and make sure wifi works. Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache only. Flash new build and it should work

I goofed and left an improper logic condition in the BacksideUpdater. It doesn't check to see if the current build equals the latest build, only if it's older. If it is the same date, it acts like there's an update available. Attached is a flashable zip file that will fix it. Since I made it a system file, I can't just upload the update apk, it could cause problems with future updates after future ROM installs, so you'll have to flash this fix in recovery. Sorry for the pita. ;)

FYI- With this version of the BacksideUpdater, you can download the ROM file anyway you like, and still use the app to check it's integrity.

--Simply download it to /sdcard/download via the phone, your PC, dropbox, whatever, just be sure you put it in the download directory on your sdcard.
--Open the app, and check for updates.
--It will determine if you have begun downloading the ROM zip file, and if it has finished downloading based on the file size (if you have a frozen download, you'll have to manually delete it for now).
--It will then check the MD5 sum to insure there was no corruption during the download process. ;)

Jerry, Would it make sense to have a separate option to check the MD5 sum?

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with updating the latest 0125 IHO build. I have downloaded it twice.Filesize on the zip is 64429 KB. Copied the ROM to my SD card both over wifi and by sticking it into my PC. When I try to flash, I get an error where its unable to open the ROM. I was able to flash back to the 0118 build. If someone can confirm a successful flash from Jerry's download, I'm probably doing something wrong. Another question about MD5 checking. Do I check the sum on the zipped file or do I unzip it? TIA!

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Has any ever had these problems?

I try take a screenshot, and I get.... " Error, screenshot saved to - null " or something like that....

Second Problem, this just happened at the time its posted.

Wifi turns off randomly and can't be turned back on till a reboot. It says Error trying to turn on....

I'm on newest Backside btw. I don't believe its the rom, my SD card, and phone has been really screwy lately...:banghead:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

a5pe4

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Has any ever had these problems?

I try take a screenshot, and I get.... " Error, screenshot saved to - null " or something like that....

Second Problem, this just happened at the time its posted.

Wifi turns off randomly and can't be turned back on till a reboot. It says Error trying to turn on....

I'm on newest Backside btw. I don't believe its the rom, my SD card, and phone has been really screwy lately...:banghead:

Sounds like it's time to reflash!

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed your newest build last night Jerry, and it's pretty awesome! Rotation animations are sweet looking! I haven't flashed a new build for awhile and I also have to say all these new customization options are cool! Thank you for all your, and all the other devs' work! You guys are doing a great job.

Reactions: JerryScript

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh, there is ONE tiny problem. I can't change my password because of this:

42570022-e23b-57e3.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members