[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea but the thing is I could do it before with no issues? Maybe its locked in now with the new build idk

Nope, I'm running jerry's newest build using the stock gb launcher. Even before I flashed it I got rid of adw and replaced it with stock gb.

But if anyone wants to know how to... take the launcher of your choice and place it on sdcard.
then type in terminal emulator:
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system /system
cp /sdcard/launchername.apk /system/app
mount -o remount,ro /system /system
this will replace adw with whatever launcher you want.
It does this because there can only be one launcher in system/app.

colonelcack

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Love the new animations, would it be possible to add the option to use the same animation style for switching windows when using the app manager (when you press and hold the home button)?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Love the new animations, would it be possible to add the option to use the same animation style for switching windows when using the app manager (when you press and hold the home button)?

It could be used, but it wouldn't have the same effect due to the background properties of the recents dialog. For special animations, it's better to use a launcher that gives you those options. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have older IHO roms still saved? I'm looking for a copy from before Thanksgiving 2011. This was around the time the large file playback bug appeared (and has been in every rom since). If anyone has a copy of any of these roms from early 11/11, let me know! I would really like a copy from early November, since that is when the headset was fixed, and before the bug popped up! I want to go back to an old version so I can get this working. :)

Here are the builds of BACKside-IHO I released in November, let me know the latest one that works for you, I'll try to track down the change that caused your issue. ;)

BACKside-IHO-VM670-11022011.zip
BACKside-IHO-VM670-11092011.zip
BACKside-IHO-VM670-11222011.zip

Reactions: Silence99

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay, having seen the game downloading just fine with Harmonia (which uses the newer market) and having scanned through its build.prop and not seeing anything there that would account for the difference between that and BACKside rom, I had a suspicion as to where my real problems might be from. I went ahead and reflashed BACKside rom, then this time used the gapps package with the latest version of the market. This time NFS Shift downloaded without any issues whatsoever.

I'm guessing that Google is now doing whatever it can to push people to use the new market (so they can push music and movies) and that seems to have gotten me all tangled up. I wonder if some of the other issues people have had with the market can be traced back to installing the older market?
This was a problem Harmonia2 had at one point when I left certain Gapps files out. Odds are, something failed to flash right and re-flashing Gapps put the needed files in.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, having seen the game downloading just fine with Harmonia (which uses the newer market) and having scanned through its build.prop and not seeing anything there that would account for the difference between that and BACKside rom, I had a suspicion as to where my real problems might be from. I went ahead and reflashed BACKside rom, then this time used the gapps package with the latest version of the market. This time NFS Shift downloaded without any issues whatsoever.

I'm guessing that Google is now doing whatever it can to push people to use the new market (so they can push music and movies) and that seems to have gotten me all tangled up. I wonder if some of the other issues people have had with the market can be traced back to installing the older market?

I really wish I could have figured this all out without wiping my nearly complete install earlier but them's the breaks. I'm just glad to be using Gingerbread and not Froyo! :)

--bornagainpenguin

I pulled the newest update from my phone because I was tired of updating each time three or four times. So I dont think for me that is the problem. The error I get when trying to download is the app is not available for our carrier. Just like the bing app would do. If I edited the build prop to reflect the msu from the stock rom I could download things. But if I used the msu programmed into the IHO rom it throws that error.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I'm running jerry's newest build using the stock gb launcher. Even before I flashed it I got rid of adw and replaced it with stock gb.

But if anyone wants to know how to... take the launcher of your choice and place it on sdcard.
then type in terminal emulator:
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system /system
cp /sdcard/launchername.apk /system/app
mount -o remount,ro /system /system
this will replace adw with whatever launcher you want.
It does this because there can only be one launcher in system/app.

it would probably be easier to move the new launcher(s) using es file explorer to system/app
Also you can have two launchers in /system/app they can't share the same package name though.

@bornagainpenguin The market thing has been bugging the hell out of me. I don't want books or music.
I've been trying to work it out to where it doesn't update. I tried increasing the version code to 999999999 or something like that.but it didn't work I'm thinking that I'm gonna have to sign all the google related apks with the same signature.

Reactions: anthonycr

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a semi-bug to report jerry, I'm runnin the latest (1/25) version of backside.
here's the problem: yesterday morning with my phone off, I began charging my phone and charged it up to around 93% and took it off the charger. I then used it for most of the day, tethered for about ten minutes to show my brother some video, and then charged the phone again, up to around 60% and took it off. I then used my phone till around 10:30 pm when the battery got down to around 15%, but I didn't have my charger handy so I just turned it off. Morning comes and I take the phone and plug it into the charger... the lg logo pops up, disapears and hangs on the black screen, no charge logo. I pull the battery and try to boot the phone, but it hangs on the black screen. Frustrated, I try booting into recovery, which works, and I charge it that way for 20 minutes, take it off, and all the sudden, the phone boots normally, nothjng wrong. I hadn't done anything to the phones system between boot yesterday and attempted boot today, so I am wondering if this had something to do with low battery..

Sorry for the long post, but I know details are important when you have a problem;)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
MiRaGe 01282012

I have uploaded the 01282012 build of MiRaGe with the following changes after syncing with the CM repo.

- Custom carrier labels in the notification window. CM finally forced me to add this :)
- Add option to lock volume keys in silent mode
- Allow reducing the BT connection delay for the devices that don't need this delay. You will decide if it does not need it.
- Lockscreen alignment to right
- Upgraded to Bob's v3.7 kernel which enables a2sd swap and adds BT HID support for BT keyboards and mouses. Thank you Bob!

I have tested on my phone; everything seems to be working.
Please thank/donate to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LesliAnn, thekraven, tdm, bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and (the last but not the least) the CM people.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: MiRaGe 01282012

I have uploaded the 01282012 build of MiRaGe with the following changes after syncing with the CM repo.

- Custom carrier labels in the notification window. CM finally forced me to add this :)
- Add option to lock volume keys in silent mode
- Allow reducing the BT connection delay for the devices that don't need this delay. You will decide if it does not need it.
- Lockscreen alignment to right
- Upgraded to Bob's v3.7 kernel which enables a2sd swap and adds BT HID support for BT keyboards and mouses. Thank you Bob!

I have tested on my phone; everything seems to be working.
Please thank/donate to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LesliAnn, thekraven, tdm, bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and (the last but not the least) the CM people.
Enjoy!

I really want to start flashing again. xD

Does anyone know where I might be able to get another motherboard? :eek:

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
This was a problem Harmonia2 had at one point when I left certain Gapps files out. Odds are, something failed to flash right and re-flashing Gapps put the needed files in.

Hmmm...but I noticed in Harmonia2 you are using the new market, not the old one. I'm thinking that when I tried to use the old market either I was missing a shared library of some kind of Google was just trying to nudge me to the new market because I did not have any issues unless I was using the old market. It'd be nice to know exactly where the issue comes from (something done by Google or a missing library or other dependency, so it can be worked around.

The error I get when trying to download is the app is not available for our carrier. Just like the bing app would do. If I edited the build prop to reflect the msu from the stock rom I could download things. But if I used the msu programmed into the IHO rom it throws that error.

Yeah, my error was different, did not say anything at all about the carrier.

Which Bing app? There are several different ones in the market and only one by Microsoft (it is a chinese app though.) I'd love to be able to confirm the issue is different by downloading the app.

@bornagainpenguin The market thing has been bugging the hell out of me. I don't want books or music.
I've been trying to work it out to where it doesn't update. I tried increasing the version code to 999999999 or something like that.but it didn't work I'm thinking that I'm gonna have to sign all the google related apks with the same signature.

Yeah, I hate the new market, simply because it is too busy on our smaller screens. I probably wouldn't mind it if it was less busy but as it is even installing apps is a pain in the ass because the text gets so big it is nearly impossible to read the change logs or the user comments to see if this app is worth installing over that app.

I wonder how much money they are losing to people like me who decide not to bother with apps they can't read the descriptions of versus the people who buy music, books and movies?

Maybe you and LeslieAnn should get together on this issue to avoid duplication of effort?

--bornagainpenguin

markusf21

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the new BACKside. I upgraded to the 01252012 build from the 01202012 one. On boot com.android.phone force-closes. I am using the IHO recovery. Before flashing I wiped cache and Dalvik. Everything else seems to be working OK. I tried rebooting but the same error occurred again. I tried 2 different downloads from my computer both had the same issue. I am going to try downloading with the included update tool and flash a third time.
Edit. Tried a third time still same thing

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...but I noticed in Harmonia2 you are using the new market, not the old one. I'm thinking that when I tried to use the old market either I was missing a shared library of some kind of Google was just trying to nudge me to the new market because I did not have any issues unless I was using the old market. It'd be nice to know exactly where the issue comes from (something done by Google or a missing library or other dependency, so it can be worked around.
That shouldn't matter, but possibly.

I will have to experiment, because if that is the case, it could possibly fix Harmonia 1x. I'll do some testing and let you know.

Edit, that sort of makes sense, since apparently some older Froyo roms aren't working with it either.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the new BACKside. I upgraded to the 01252012 build from the 01202012 one. On boot com.android.phone force-closes. I am using the IHO recovery. Before flashing I wiped cache and Dalvik. Everything else seems to be working OK. I tried rebooting but the same error occurred again. I tried 2 different downloads from my computer both had the same issue. I am going to try downloading with the included update tool and flash a third time.
Edit. Tried a third time still same thing
Sounds like some corrupt data is occurring, which makes me suspect contacts storage. I think you are going to have to do a full wipe/format and reflash the ROM and gapps.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam