[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Sound like some corrupt data is occurring, which makes Me suspect contacts storage. I think you are going to have to do a full wipe/ format and reflash the ROM and gaps.

I don't have a load of apps that i install, but I'll just say that I have flashed numerous ROMs, and have never failed, except twice. The first time, I failed to wipe the dalvik cache and the second time, I switched some of the harmonia 2 framework into a backside rom... that was dumb. I do a full reset every time i flash, and wipe dalvik, and its a big pain to reinstall everything, but it works flawlessly. I know that its a pain for people to wipe everything everytime they flash :p

markusf21

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like some corrupt data is occurring, which makes me suspect contacts storage. I think you are going to have to do a full wipe/format and reflash the ROM and gapps.

Thanks Jerry I will give that a shot. But before I do that, any idea why clearing cache and dalvik and reflashing the 01202012 build does not have this issue?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a semi-bug to report jerry, I'm runnin the latest (1/25) version of backside.
here's the problem: yesterday morning with my phone off, I began charging my phone and charged it up to around 93% and took it off the charger. I then used it for most of the day, tethered for about ten minutes to show my brother some video, and then charged the phone again, up to around 60% and took it off. I then used my phone till around 10:30 pm when the battery got down to around 15%, but I didn't have my charger handy so I just turned it off. Morning comes and I take the phone and plug it into the charger... the lg logo pops up, disapears and hangs on the black screen, no charge logo. I pull the battery and try to boot the phone, but it hangs on the black screen. Frustrated, I try booting into recovery, which works, and I charge it that way for 20 minutes, take it off, and all the sudden, the phone boots normally, nothjng wrong. I hadn't done anything to the phones system between boot yesterday and attempted boot today, so I am wondering if this had something to do with low battery..

Sorry for the long post, but I know details are important when you have a problem;)

Thanks for the detailed report!

So, it sounds like the phone failed to boot with approx. 15% charge remaining? That seems awfully high for boot failure. Are you sure it really got turned off and didn't just run out of battery overnight?

I'll try to repro this and let you know what I find out tomorrow or monday. If I can repro it, I'll flash the original boot.img and see what it does.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: MiRaGe 01282012

- Upgraded to Bob's v3.7 kernel which enables a2sd swap and adds BT HID support for BT keyboards and mouses. Thank you Bob!

I'm a bit confused. I paired a BT keyboard with BACKside last Sep. No idea what Jerry's kernel was for that build (9/15/2011). And I haven't used the keyboard since then. But I'm really surprised support for it wasn't already there.

markusf21

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Redownloaded again. Md5 matches. Full wipe this time. I wiped everything possible atleast twice. On a fresh install I still have com.android.phone force closing

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm a bit confused. I paired a BT keyboard with BACKside last Sep. No idea what Jerry's kernel was for that build (9/15/2011). And I haven't used the keyboard since then. But I'm really surprised support for it wasn't already there.

I have never tried before. I am sure Bob will chime in at some point.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

I have never tried before. I am sure Bob will chime in at some point.

A user on a different forum was having issue with his BT keyboard not working correctly.
I looked at the kernel and saw that it wasn't enabled. It may have been enabled at one point and somehow was disabled :-[ anyway...we are back in business ;)

Reactions: mrg666

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, my error was different, did not say anything at all about the carrier.

Which Bing app? There are several different ones in the market and only one by Microsoft (it is a chinese app though.) I'd love to be able to confirm the issue is different by downloading the app.
--bornagainpenguin
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.microsoft.bing

If you search via our phone it will not show up. Still. But it shows we can install it via the browser interface.

Bob addressed it but I want to add this. I was having big problems getting my phone to pair to my Pioneer H/U in my vehicle. Other people werent having issues with BT connectivity, after Bob did this change I havent had any trouble. I think some BT devices are not HID and others are.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to allow a laptop to be recognized as a stereo? I may be wording this wrong but I used to be able to connect my sprint hero to my laptop via bluetooth connection and play audio (my music). Also was able to do this via a karma qa1 but the optimus won't allow this.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

If you search via our phone it will not show up. Still. But it shows we can install it via the browser interface.

Bob addressed it but I want to add this. I was having big problems getting my phone to pair to my Pioneer H/U in my vehicle. Other people werent having issues with BT connectivity, after Bob did this change I havent had any trouble. I think some BT devices are not HID and others are.

Thanks, I didn't think of that...anyway
I thought Verizon only had bing: Verizon Gets Bing Android App | PCWorld

But here you go: Bing_1.01.309.20100827.apk

Enjoy!

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to allow a laptop to be recognized as a stereo? I may be wording this wrong but I used to be able to connect my sprint hero to my laptop via bluetooth connection and play audio (my music). Also was able to do this via a karma qa1 but the optimus won't allow this.

Yes. Once connected long press the laptop name it should have a options you can select, click it then make sure media is checked. If it isnt then try updating the drivers for the bluetooth dongle on your laptop. I just did this on my phone and had to make sure the bluetooth dongle had been updated.

Last edited:

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The newest Bing is 2.1.635. The only way I was able to install was going to m.bing.com/download.

Oh no not another Bing discussion, this better not turn in to another Bing incident of 2011, when that one dude was pissed at blarfe for the Bing app not showing in the market with iho and kept bugging everyone about it for 10 pages on the iho thread. :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Once connected long press the laptop name it should have a options you can select, click it then make sure media is checked. If it isnt then try updating the drivers for the bluetooth dongle on your laptop. I just did this on my phone and had to make sure the bluetooth dongle had been updated.

Thanks that did it kinda. I ended up going to widcomm getting the drivers installing them and then it gave me a new bluetooth control panel but for some reason now I couldn't connect so I unpaired then rebooted and still nothing so I turned off the bluetooth adaptor and pulled it out of my machine the put it back in and it connected no prob

This bing stuff is starting again :-! see yall in a couple days

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
No Im not trying to start it again. However the fact certain apps arent showing up is a problem. The point I was making is the need for speed app could be falling into this area.

I dont want to revisit the bing crap again but it was the first app brought to our attention that had problems being installed.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

A user on a different forum was having issue with his BT keyboard not working correctly.
I looked at the kernel and saw that it wasn't enabled. It may have been enabled at one point and somehow was disabled :-[ anyway...we are back in business ;)

Thanks Bob.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site

Okay... So this really didn't have anything to do with me or the issue I was having at all? Cool, I guess.

I downloaded the Chinese version and it seems to be the same app more or less. But then I see you have the app already by going to the Bing site? Huh. And according to the article someone else posted the app was part of an exclusive deal between Verizon and Microsoft...what part of exclusive did you not get?

In fact your issue doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything, other than maybe you using me and my troubles to restart conflict over an issue you've already worked around that has nothing to do with the BACKside rom at all.

Thanks, 'friend'.

--bornagainpenguin

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...but I noticed in Harmonia2 you are using the new market, not the old one. I'm thinking that when I tried to use the old market either I was missing a shared library of some kind of Google was just trying to nudge me to the new market because I did not have any issues unless I was using the old market. It'd be nice to know exactly where the issue comes from (something done by Google or a missing library or other dependency, so it can be worked around.

Maybe you and LeslieAnn should get together on this issue to avoid duplication of effort?

I did some experimenting with Harmonia 1x last night with the new Market and the results were not good. I changed out everything for the updated Gapps and got the same results as before (crash during purchase). Every search or info on this comes up with nothing, I can only assume Obijohn was correct about it being a signing issue. I'm still going to keep working on it though.

As for the old market on the new phone, you might get away with removing Vendor and market updater, then put the old market in. When you run Market it runs marketupdater first to see if it's current. Removing that may keep it from checking, allowing for the old market to stay. On the other hand, it could also cause it to crash entirely.

Beware some Gapps are Android version specific.
The Email in Harmonia 1 (it's actually the Froyo 2.2 version from the new OV) will crash if you run it on IHO rom. I have also had the newer Gmail not even be recognized on Harmonia 1.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed report!

So, it sounds like the phone failed to boot with approx. 15% charge remaining? That seems awfully high for boot failure. Are you sure it really got turned off and didn't just run out of battery overnight?

I'll try to repro this and let you know what I find out tomorrow or monday. If I can repro it, I'll flash the original boot.img and see what it does.

Hmm, can't repro.

I let my phone get to 2%. Then I powered it off. Then connected the charger and chargerlogo came up. Then I held the power button and the phone booted normally.

Reactions: anthonycr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21