[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry... Just a quick note here. I downloaded the lastest IHO update and installed it as per the instructions and lost my ability to run my Market app & Gmail app. I never had any problems installing anything from you before so I thought I would try again, same results. Eventually I flashed the gapps.zip file to my phone and they both started working after I input my info in. All other apps & service working fine, just a problem with Market & Gmail. Account info did not register my droid as a droid against Google's server ? I had other email & Facebook working o.k. Weird ?!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry... Just a quick note here. I downloaded the lastest IHO update and installed it as per the instructions and lost my ability to run my Market app & Gmail app. I never had any problems installing anything from you before so I thought I would try again, same results. Eventually I flashed the gapps.zip file to my phone and they both started working after I input my info in. All other apps & service working fine, just a problem with Market & Gmail. Account info did not register my droid as a droid against Google's server ? I had other email & Facebook working o.k. Weird ?!

Where you updating from a previous version of BACKside, or did you have another ROM on before? If you wiped data, that will remove gapps and require reflashing them. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm the bootanimation functionality: is always on default no matter which one I picked from system/media

Thanks!

I just tested again, with the included files in /system/media, others on my sdcard, and others I moved to /system/media via file manager, all worked fine after being choosen and rebooting.

Did you get a popup after picking a new one saying it had been moved?
Did you click the default one after picking a different one (in settings or the file manager)?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, I wanted to make a request about the status bar dropdown: could you make the dropdown bacground steetch all the way to the top of the screen? I'll try to explain, when the status bar is transparent, when you pull down the notification area, you can see the end of the notification area be pulled down until its pulled all the aay down. Is there something you could do to stretch it so that it goes all the way to the top even when pulled all the way down?

I don't know if this is doable, but seeing what's been done for these IHO roms, I thought id ask.;)
thanks.

markusf21

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm not supposed to run anything later than Backside 01202012. Same problem as the previous build. Com.android.phone FCs on boot

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Excellent job on the new build Jerry!... did full wipe, format, backup before flashing and all went smoothly... really like the backside updater, great idea... can you perhaps remove the systems settings in cyanogenmod settings since it is irrelevant?... or does updater use this?... have had a few fc issues when oc'd at 806 which is supposed to be the sweet spot for optimus v... tried 864, still had fc's... have settled in at 768... a few issues with status bar background changing to white (I use green machine and really dig it!) while browsing around (such as now while I'm typing this, and while on xda premium)... any fix?... and may we please have a sticky for compatible boot animations and sounds?... sorry for the huge post... I try not to bother anyone unless its needed... thanks for everything... :)

Last edited:

j.razz1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I as well can't choose a different boot animation. I cannot preview the boot animations either. I can pick a different animation that was included with your rom but I cannot make it stick as once back to the menu after selecting the rom it shows default again.

I hope that makes sense.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I tested the bootanimation changer on theKraven's rom along time ago. And I learned that when using it, the file has to be named 'bootanimation.zip' and.not anything else. Hope this helps.... :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

deshwasi

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Great ROM OP! thanks a lot for all your work. just flashed this from my stock rom. did the whole thing including bootanimation sounds... now how do i get that loud sound to go away? you know. the "your phone will self-destruct in 5 secs" one. is that what the bootanimation sounds file was about? if yes, how do i undo it?

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I tested the bootanimation changer on theKraven's rom along time ago. And I learned that when using it, the file has to be named 'bootanimation.zip' and.not anything else. Hope this helps.... :D
Not with my version, it can be named anything, it copies any file to a folder in the apk's data/data/app@app/file directory. Then, the actual bootanimation binary is changed to check for that file first, if it's not found, then it looks for the default bootanimation file in system/media (also checks data/local in case people follow instructions for other ROMs, trying to stay ahead of the ball on this one).

I'm not sure yet why some people are having troubles with the bootanimation chooser. If you are having issues, please report any 2sd scripts/apps you are running (data2ext, dalvik2ext, dalvik2cache, DTa2sd, etc). Also, please try placing a bootanimation on your sdcard and selecting it there so we can try to rule out r/w permission issues. ;)

Edit- And please after selecting the bootanimation file and returning to the settings menu, wait till you see a popup message confirming the change. The larger the bootanimation file, the longer it will take. I'm thinking if you back out of the menu before the move is complete, it may stop the process.

Finally, please attach to your post any bootanimation files other than those included in the ROM that are giving you troubles. A common error is to download a bootanimation.zip contained within a zip file. All you should see when you open the bootanimation.zip file is 1 to 3 folders named part0, part1, part2, and a description text file.

Great ROM OP! thanks a lot for all your work. just flashed this from my stock rom. did the whole thing including bootanimation sounds... now how do i get that loud sound to go away? you know. the "your phone will self-destruct in 5 secs" one. is that what the bootanimation sounds file was about? if yes, how do i undo it?
Glad you like it, I'm not the OP, that would be Blarf, but he doesn't build the ROMs, he's the wizard behind the curtain who gave us builders the tools we needed. The rest has been a team effort, with a long list! ;)

Two ways to remove the bootsound (second way can change it):
-- Under Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance>>Disable Bootanimation (will also disable bootsound)
-- Use a file manager with root (r/w) capability, and rename-move-delete-replace /system/media/andriod_audio.mp3

Last edited:
Reactions: CuriousNoob

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else noticing the notification bar at the top changes color when in certain apps, like Gmail for example?

Relevant screenshot link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9979966/screenshot-1328254743754.png

I assume you are using a custom color with some level of transparency (the slider below the color wheel), or transparent, or Theme without setting a theme? If so, yes, the background of the app will show through transparent status bars. ;)

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this too. Status bar changes to "white" with certain apps. Status bar was this way on initial install - no setting changes

It's the transparent status bar. It will take on window color of whatever app you are in. It can be changed via settings > cyanogenmod settings >interface > statusbar tweaks. I have mine set to black so it doesn't change

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Jerry,

I think people might be seeing the current bootanimation on the choose bootanimation button doesn't change from default when you change it. I have no problems changing them but it always says the current one is the default one. I never noticed it until the posts about it

Reactions: JerryScript

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan