[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

cr42ydude

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
With the new build I went from having 38MB free on my internal storage to less than 1? I went back to my backup of the old build and now it's fine, back ...any reason why this happened?

Oh and for some reason even with the old build when I hit settings, manage applications, and look at space free it says 38MB but when I go to settings>storage space>it only shows 18MB...why?

i have the newest build right now. and even with alot of apps downloaded i still have 40mb free... so maybe reflash

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Seem to have an issue with the latest IHO backside build. Works fines for a while, but after time the home screen shows, but i cannot select anything. The lock screen is there as i can slide to anser calls but the screen always show the main screen. have to pull the battery to reboot

I believe this is an issue with the new screen rotation animation. There is a fix submitted to gerrit, I'll have it in the next build, please let me know if it helps. The issue is the rotation was not checking to see if the screen was on, so it would attempt to do things it shouldn't when the screen is off, causing a freeze. The fix checks if the screen is on before performing the rotation. ;)

Reactions: kraven

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe this is an issue with the new screen rotation animation. There is a fix submitted to gerrit, I'll have it in the next build, please let me know if it helps. The issue is the rotation was not checking to see if the screen was on, so it would attempt to do things it shouldn't when the screen is off, causing a freeze. The fix checks if the screen is on before performing the rotation. ;)

I've had this problem to sonewhat, because sometimes it will freeze in rotation and the sideways image will remain there covering half my screen when I flip it vertically. At first I would just reboot it to fix it, but I realized if I just clicked on an app and rotated it sideways again that the residual image/problems would dissapear.
Hope that might work for you.
:p

Reactions: JerryScript

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
One of the features of the new build removes the script that moves the dalvik-cache from data to cache. That's why less space is available, and while it does fix Market issues that the symbolic link from data to cache causes when cache runs out of space, it does have the side effect of having less overall space for apps.

MidtownHD

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
One of the features of the new build removes the script that moves the dalvik-cache from data to cache. That's why less space is available, and while it does fix Market issues that the symbolic link from data to cache causes when cache runs out of space, it does have the side effect of having less overall space for apps.

I have never had Market issues on my phone, and now I have less space on my phone.

@Jerry, could you reverse the changes in the next backside build?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think we can view this as a failed experiment. I am looking into other market solutions, will have the old functionality back in the next build. ;)

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Jerry have you ever thought about creating a poll for things like the dalvik change or what not to see how many people want it vs how many dont?

Please dont think Im criticizing you at all. Im just trying to find a way to account for the numbers of people that like/dislike these kind of changes/features. I remember the black lash from the bootsound change and couple other things.

If people use the native app2sd built into gingerbread/CM the space is not a issue. But some people just dont like change or want to take th time to click on two selections and then tick a option to automatically move apps to the sd card.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Idk what people are complaining about with low space... I have 21 apps downloaded and I still have 95 MB free... that doesn't seem low to me at all.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm just tired of the insufficient space popup, and I'm trying to find a solution that can be baked into the ROM. I dislike the idea of most *2sd scripts due to the issues with upgrading the ROM when using them.

I am definitely open to feedback on solutions to the Market insufficient space issue! ;)

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm just tired of the insufficient space popup, and I'm trying to find a solution that can be baked into the ROM. I dislike the idea of most *2sd scripts due to the issues with upgrading the ROM when using them.

I am definitely open to feedback on solutions to the Market insufficient space issue! ;)

my notification stays up there. Just overlook it :D

Whatever you do ill back ya :thumbup:

Sent from your mom's phone.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Built into the gingerbread roms and with enhanced function of Cm you can move apps to your sd card. There is the option to select the default location within the CM settings.

I know you dislike the idea of the 2sd scripts, but with the limited amount of space its almost a necessary animal. If people understand how they work and what to do when updating to a new rom they are nice to have. Plus there is no more insufficient space or low memory popups.

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Idk what people are complaining about with low space... I have 21 apps downloaded and I still have 95 MB free... that doesn't seem low to me at all.

As of right now, I have 15 apps installed, few of which are on the SD card, and have 111MB free. With them off the SD, 85MB. I haven't cleared the cache off the apps.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Jerry have you ever thought about creating a poll for things like the dalvik change or what not to see how many people want it vs how many dont?

Depends on his reason for building.
My roms have always been based around what I wanted, if others liked them, great. His are probably similar. It may sound selfish, but considering the effort put into them, there is nothing selfish about it.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Depends on his reason for building.
My roms have always been based around what I wanted, if others liked them, great. His are probably similar. It may sound selfish, but considering the effort put into them, there is nothing selfish about it.

It doesn't sound selfish at all ;)
I'm just thankful that people will build roms because I dont have the resources or time to learn it myself.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't sound selfish at all ;)
I'm just thankful that people will build roms because I dont have the resources or time to learn it myself.

The amount of skill and learning depends on your method of building it.
Most of my roms were built by messing around with previously built roms, just copy files in and out of the zip and re-sign it. Most Froyo roms were built that way. This method can be as simple or difficult as you decide to make it.

Building IHO isn't hard, it's learning how to modify it and get the build to start that is difficult, but there is nothing to stop you from building a stock IHO build and then using the previously mentioned method, which is exactly how Harmonia is built these days using a Mrg666 generic IHO build.

Time in another variable.
Adding or removing an app or two is quick and easy, 2 minutes, including re-signing. The deeper you go, the longer it takes and the more trouble shooting it requires.

All of that often pales in comparison to the amount of time you spend supporting others using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol