[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
For those with screen freezes which we believe are due to the new rotation animations, please try this:

Settings>>Display>>Animations>>No animations

And/or

Settings>>Display>>Auto-rotate screen

Let me know if this prevents the freezes, that way we can pretty much be sure it's the rotation animation causing the issue.

I think that problem is fixed in the CM repo recently. I will build this weekend with the latest fixes released. Can I include your charging fix as well?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Depends on his reason for building.
My roms have always been based around what I wanted, if others liked them, great. His are probably similar. It may sound selfish, but considering the effort put into them, there is nothing selfish about it.

Did I post this? I feel like speaking to myself while reading your post.

Regarding the frequently discussed space problems. Here is my experience
I have been using Link2SD since the very beginning. I have never seen any space problem with Market or any other applications. On one of the OV's that my son uses, there are several games with larger than 20MB app size. They are moved to /sdext and linked back to /data with link2sd together with their libraries and dalvik-cache. There is also no problem.

With link2sd, the apps are installed directly to internal space first. After this, link2sd moves the app to /sdext and link back to /data. If the installation is an app upgrade and app was in /sdext already, link2sd does this automatically after the installation in the internal memory. Otherwise for a new app, the user either needs to do the linking manually (this is what I do) or set link2sd to do this for every new application. I think Android has no problems with link2sd since apps go to internal memory first. There are ~60 apps downloaded on my phone and the free internal app space is ~150MB. 150 MB is probably sufficient to install any app that can run on the OV.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryScript

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Jerry regarding trying to fix the low space issue. MGR states some very good arguemnts for using *2sd applications/scripts.

I will say this if a phone only comes with minimal internal space the rom devs are recommending using a *2sd script/application. The devs for my SGS4G are building the stuff into the rom as much as possible. People just have to understand how to update. I know there are tons and tons of guides on the different *2sd applications and such and they can be confusing. My suggestion is you pick one (you being the dev cooking the rom) and tell people look this is the one I support any others you have to learn how to update using them. Most of the time updating roms are simple and you just need to relink/recreate the scripts.

Initially I was using data2ext and I never could update. But I recently figured out what I was doing wrong. Now I feel comfortable just updating and not having a issue. The biggest thing is data2ext will move stuff you might not want moved like the market app and such. But once I figured out it was my script not updating (read me not updating it) everything is fine now.

I want to throw something out there. This is for the more advanced people that are very comfortable with doing nandroids and possiblly having to do a complete wipe reinstall. There is a way to do complete new installs and save your data. IE apps and such. If you are interested please just PM me. Im not going to post instructions here as Im sure it will give the devs headaches trying to problem solve.

Reactions: norwoodsteel

norwoodsteel

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Did I post this? I feel like speaking to myself while reading your post.

Regarding the frequently discussed space problems. Here is my experience
I have been using Link2SD since the very beginning. I have never seen any space problem with Market or any other applications. On one of the OV's that my son uses, there are several games with larger than 20MB app size. They are moved to /sdext and linked back to /data with link2sd together with their libraries and dalvik-cache. There is also no problem.

With link2sd, the apps are installed directly to internal space first. After this, link2sd moves the app to /sdext and link back to /data. If the installation is an app upgrade and app was in /sdext already, link2sd does this automatically after the installation in the internal memory. Otherwise for a new app, the user either needs to do the linking manually (this is what I do) or set link2sd to do this for every new application. I think Android has no problems with link2sd since apps go to internal memory first. There are ~60 apps downloaded on my phone and the free internal app space is ~150MB. 150 MB is probably sufficient to install any app that can run on the OV.

ditto on link2sd
i flash all the IHO roms as they are updated with no space or other problems.
the problems with with link2sd [i read all forums] appear to be user related.

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
For those with screen freezes which we believe are due to the new rotation animations, please try this:

Settings>>Display>>Animations>>No animations

And/or

Settings>>Display>>Auto-rotate screen

Let me know if this prevents the freezes, that way we can pretty much be sure it's the rotation animation causing the issue.

By freezing u mean?....... I ask because what my phone does is freeze the screen BUT the app still runs in the background. When I press the lock button it locks but when I unlock it it resumes to the same state as when I locked it.....no functions and only way I can power it off is by pulling the battery. I love the rom so far and aside from a small Google search widget bug and the freezing issue its a wonderful rom

Boobs Dylan

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
By freezing u mean?....... I ask because what my phone does is freeze the screen BUT the app still runs in the background. When I press the lock button it locks but when I unlock it it resumes to the same state as when I locked it.....no functions and only way I can power it off is by pulling the battery. I love the rom so far and aside from a small Google search widget bug and the freezing issue its a wonderful rom

I'm experiencing the same issue. I've turned off all animations but not screen rotation.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
MiRaGe 02102012

I have uploaded the 02102012 build of MiRaGe with the following changes after syncing with CM repo. These are mainly fixes that could help with the freeze problems reported, please report back if they help.

- Don't animate rotations when screen is off
- Unfreeze display even if screen is off.
- Improve scrolling cache (ported from ICS)

I have tested on my phone and did not see any problems.
Please thank/donate to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, tdm, LeslieAnn, thekraven, bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and the CM team. Enjoy!

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
i just encountered the sideways freeze thing.

And.... i was like wtf..... so i kept tapping the screen like a madman thinking something was gonna f/c. And kept vibrating when i hit a certain part of the screen. Come to find out it was showing boat browser with an "invisible" lock screen. Where it was vibrating i slid across the screen and unlocked it :D

hope this helps someone!

Sent from your mom's phone.

Reactions: JerryScript

kebamishima

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
So after I flashed your rom I couldn't receive pictures... I can send them, and they get it, but I never get the mms at all, not even a chance to load it, is there a way to fix this?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a bit of a problem, if there is no solution, it's alright but let me know if there is, I'm running the latest Backside IHO JerryScritps version (Big fan), and every time there is a new update I always think that update is going to fix it but I guess it hasn't been brought to light or something, when I get phone calls, my phone doesn't play the ringtone I set, is there any solution to this? Thank you in advance. :)
loug, I know this response is a little late, but if you're still having problems with incorrect ringtones:
Are you using Profiles by any chance? They can override your settings (including ringtones) in ways that are sometimes hard to predict. Try and go back to Default profile (unless you modified that one too ;) )Just a thought...

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

Reactions: ulixmccox

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So after I flashed your rom I couldn't receive pictures... I can send them, and they get it, but I never get the mms at all, not even a chance to load it, is there a way to fix this?

Sounds like this is your first time flashing the ROM, if so, did you do a full wipe/format before flashing the ROM and gapps?

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
i just encountered the sideways freeze thing.

And.... i was like wtf..... so i kept tapping the screen like a madman thinking something was gonna f/c. And kept vibrating when i hit a certain part of the screen. Come to find out it was showing boat browser with an "invisible" lock screen. Where it was vibrating i slid across the screen and unlocked it :D

hope this helps someone!

Sent from your mom's phone.

Lol, I did the exact same thing. And it happened to me like, 15 times. And every time I just sat there for 5 minutes tapping the screen, waiting for an fc :p The worst was when my alarm went off at 6 the other morning, and I pressed the unlock button only to find it had frozen and I couldn't turn the alarm off. I was way to tired to think about taking the battery out so I just stood there in panic tapping the screen trying to turn the alarm off. Good times, good times :)

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to put both vibration and notification ringtones to incoming text messages? :confused::p
Go into Messages (displaying the list of message threads, NOT an actual thread). Hit Menu -> Settings -> Notification Settings. Here you can set ringtone as well as vibration.

Or did I not understand your question correctly?

Reactions: notown

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Go into Messages (displaying the list of message threads, NOT an actual thread). Hit Menu -> Settings -> Notification Settings. Here you can set ringtone as well as vibration.

Or did I not understand your question correctly?

I hate how the messaging Vibrates also controls if the phone vibrates while ringing. :C

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy