[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've wondered about that also. I would still be useing my dta2sd script tho since I use it to move my dalvik cache to sd-ext and free up about 100 mb only catch is it does add a couple steps when updating

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

markusf21

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Same thing again Jerry. com.android.phone crashes. But I think i have figured it out. If I don't turn off the lock screen under tablet tweaks it doesn't do it.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Same thing again Jerry. com.android.phone crashes. But I think i have figured it out. If I don't turn off the lock screen under tablet tweaks it doesn't do it.

Hmmm, as the doctor told me when I said "It hurts when I move my arm like this"

Doctor: "Don't move your arm like that!" ;)

Seriously though, that function is not designed for phones, so perhaps I should remove it altogether.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Note that if you're using a security unlock (pattern, pin or password) you can avoid "dual unlocking" by disabling the lockscreen under Settings>>CM settings>>Lockscreen>>Unlock options>>Skip on security.

If you want to avoid (or minimize) lockscreen altogether (without using that tablet option), I guess you could use delay settings in that same menu. Or the Menu Key Unlock option.

Just some ideas. I apologize if they were already obvious.

Last edited:

markusf21

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, as the doctor told me when I said "It hurts when I move my arm like this"

Doctor: "Don't move your arm like that!" ;)

Seriously though, that function is not designed for phones, so perhaps I should remove it altogether.

Is there another way to disable the lock screen? And just out of curiosity why would that option mess up com.android. phone? I have been using that option for a long time but I didn't have any problems until after 01202012 release.

Sent from next year on my CM 10ed G-Mobile Galaxy Note 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there another way to disable the lock screen? And just out of curiosity why would that option mess up com.android. phone? I have been using that option for a long time but I didn't have any problems until after 01202012 release.

Seems to be some options on the market. I just searched "no lock"

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: markusf21

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I have always used the built in move app to SD card function, and have never had a problem. To me, the app2sd scripts are silly and difficult. What they do us expand yge internal storage of your phone to your SD card. So instead of saying "25mb internal storage left", it might say "150mb internal storage left". The only advantage is the ability to have Widgets on the SD card (Normally Widgets won't work if they are moved to the SD). I find them tedious, as they have to be run every time you update. I have 70 or so apps on my phone, all (with the exception of Widgets) moved to the SD card, still with 30 mb of internal storage left. Just my .05?

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

Thanks!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Not built in, it's a phone that most people carry in their pocket, so a lockscreen is a must.

There are probably apps on the Market, but I've never looked for them, as I really don't see the need.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
There are probably apps on the Market, but I've never looked for them, as I really don't see the need.

when you install lockscreens or apps like go launcher that supports its own awesome, better lockscreens you need to disable the original so that you wont double lock. Ive used it many times before time and time again and never gotten any issues in disabling lockscreen ;)

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
My device still freezes up at times. No response from the lock button or anything else. However this time around when I rotate sideways it snaps out of it and goes back to normal. Idk if anyone else has this issue. Just thought I would put it out there

reinler

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm still getting that same issue frostyon420 mentioned. My homescreen will sometimes freeze on the screen when I lock my phone and makes unlocking a very difficult challenge.

technobear

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
i was experiencing this issue and moved to the harmonia 2 rom.. im at 2 days stabil now running at the notch under 806 mhz smartass. no more of the "tv turns on and off but nothing else works" problem i was having.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I still cannot reproduce the freeze issue some of you are mentioning. I have tried with every combination of settings I can imagine.

So please, if you are experiencing this issue, post your settings:
>>adw launcher>>home orientation
>>display>>auto-rotate screen
>>display>>animation
>>cyanogenmod settings>>display>>(all of these)

As well as any change to the default settings in the lockscreen. Thanks, with your details, maybe we can figure this one out. ;)

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, Jerry, your patience and devotion to helping people out here with various issues - including, but not limited to issues related to your ROM - is simply remarkably. You're an inspiration to us all.

I just had to say...

Reactions: JerryScript

technobear

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Jerry,
as far as those settings the only things i changed were the animations, i turned them off..
I tried various states of OCing and it seemed to be related. so i thought for awhile that it was a matter of an old worn out phone.

However with the harmonia rom i can OC. So, its going to be a difference in Kernel, CM, and/or ADW version as far as i can tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke