[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

reinler

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It's rather on and off. It is always occurring from an unlock state.

ADW >> Auto/sensor
auto-rotate >> checked
animation >> screen-on checked, screen-off checked, all accelerometer rotation checked except 180

Hope this helps!

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
i was experiencing this issue and moved to the harmonia 2 rom.. im at 2 days stabil now running at the notch under 806 mhz smartass. no more of the "tv turns on and off but nothing else works" problem i was having.

Also doesn't happen on the MiRagE rom either at 806 MHz. But I still like Jerry's. Can't beat the customer support :) but he seems like he cares about what he puts his name on. Nothing agianst the others. Just a personal preference

Reactions: JerryScript

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I still cannot reproduce the freeze issue some of you are mentioning. I have tried with every combination of settings I can imagine.

So please, if you are experiencing this issue, post your settings:
>>adw launcher>>home orientation
>>display>>auto-rotate screen
>>display>>animation
>>cyanogenmod settings>>display>>(all of these)

As well as any change to the default settings in the lockscreen. Thanks, with your details, maybe we can figure this one out. ;)

Well Mr Jerry I can't reproduce the freezing issue. Since replacing adw I haven't frozen not saying its an issue with that at all. I wouldn't know lol. If I freeze up again ill restore adw and play with animation/rotation and possible lockscreen adjustments

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So it's looking like this screen freeze bug affects those who keep ADW Home Orientation = Auto

If anyone is experiencing freezes with Home Orientation set to Portrait or Landscape only, please let us know.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think what happens is when you press the lock button to wake the phone the desktop will try to rotate on to portrait while clearly (in landscape ) so it tries to fix itself and freeze or FC.

(to quick fix this uncheck rotate homescreen. set it to always in portrait)

I had this bug too and replicated this way. cpu on Smartassx2

(to replicate this bug always keep phone in landscape position)

1. put phone on landscape position ( with only your desktop on screen )

2. lock the phone while still in the landscape position ( you should see your desktop and of course BG, sideways lol)

3. (still in landscape position) ... using the lock button "wake" the phone on landscape. (this will eventually give your phone a hiccup freeze) these freezes happen but nothing like the real ones.

.. to make it really bug out ( like the real ones) the trick is to wake the phone back on **right before** the lockscreen locks back on (this is almost instant sometimes)

4. so lock the phone back and quickly wake it again before the screenlock comes out repeating the process faster than you think is fast enough. ...(sometimes youll get the lock screen, just go back to the desktop and keep trying to avoid the lockscreen)

It happens during regular use too. This is just a quick way to bug it.

It happens at least 2-3 times a day if you locked it on landscape and have it on your pocket youll wake it back on while stuck in landscape mode and bug out (battery pull)

youll catch a few freezes and perma freezes if you keep looking for the bug

You have to do it more than a few times.. it took me a bit to figure it out but i caught it 5-6 times out of 20-30 tries.

This happens with my now market ADW launcher.. with the stock ADW laucher it would FC instead....weird.

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
when you install lockscreens or apps like go launcher that supports its own awesome, better lockscreens you need to disable the original so that you wont double lock. Ive used it many times before time and time again and never gotten any issues in disabling lockscreen ;)
The apps like golocker and widgetlocker have built in support for disabling the lockscreen. I suggest using the cm setting of unlock on menu press. The phone will unlock to the app lockscreen and no issues with a function not intended for the phone.

My device still freezes up at times. No response from the lock button or anything else. However this time around when I rotate sideways it snaps out of it and goes back to normal. Idk if anyone else has this issue. Just thought I would put it out there

I'm still getting that same issue frostyon420 mentioned. My homescreen will sometimes freeze on the screen when I lock my phone and makes unlocking a very difficult challenge.

If you are still having issues with the rotation, have you done a full wipe and reinstall? If not I suggest completely wiping system,boot,cache,dalvik then reboot recovery and do it again. Then install the rom and redownload your stuff from the market. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RESTORE FROM TiB or any other backup.

There was a issue a while back that would only show up if you completely wiped. But if you installed over a working rom it wouldnt always show up. I think what is happening is just the reverse. This issue is not getting wiped during install. Not all changes will apply during a install over current rom.

Reactions: notown

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
he apps like golocker and widgetlocker
have built in support for disabling the
lockscreen. I suggest using the cm setting
of unlock on menu press. The phone will
unlock to the app lockscreen and no issues
with a function not intended for the phone.

Hey thanks for the heads up. Go launchers disabling setting doesn't do the job at all for me, just like the rest of them. Im not complaining btw, the tablet tweak works flawlessly every time for me.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
This is a known issue their working on it ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

OK, thanks for the update. Didn't realize that or I wouldn't have asked.

Will be patient and wait for it to get fixed eventually, as everything else has been.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Quick question: I'm on the release from two or three back when I started asking a bunch of questions and it used to be in Froyo I could have headphones plugged in and talk to people using the phone's microphone but since I switched to BACKside I found that the microphone would be disabled when headphones plugged in. Is there a way to tweak this back to the way it used to work?

This isn't with the official headphones and their builtin microphone, this is with a different set of headphones altogether.

Thanks.

As a workaround or temporary fix, you can try the Headset Blocker. It blocks disabling of the internal microphone when a headphone or headset is plugged in. But beware that headset buttons are also blocked. I used it as a widget and enable it when headphones are plugged in. When I want to use the headset buttons, I toggled it off.

Edit: I am sorry everyone. I tested again after Jerry's test with a headphone without mic and the internal mic did not work this time. I was probably using the headset with a mic while thinking that the internal mic was working.

Last edited:

thdrake56

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I only had the problem when dismissing an alarm, the screen would be frozen, long press back button didn't help, had to pull battery. After latest update, no more probs. Thanx

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
On the screen freezes due to rotattions, I may have to remove the ICS rotation animations till they work the bugs out of the GIngerbread port. Till then:

-- Settings>>Display>>Auto Rotate (uncheck)
-- Settings>>ADW Launcher>>System Preferences>>Home Orientation>>(Don't choose Auto/sensor)

If you choose to keep these enabled, and your screen freezes:

-- Short press the power button to lock screen (it may not appear locked)
-- Perform your usual unlock gesture, be it with the slide rings, unlock pattern, or actual gestures.
-- When you feel the haptic feedback for unlocking, rotate your phone 90 degrees then back.

If CM doesn't have a working fix by the end of the week, I'll remove them altogether. ;)

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I can not, for the life of me, get the bootanimation chooser to use my selected bootanimation! Is there some sort of trick? I put my bootanimation on the root of my SD card, selected it, waited a couple of minutes for good measure, and rebooted, but the stock one was still there. Any tips?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I can not, for the life of me, get the bootanimation chooser to use my selected bootanimation! Is there some sort of trick? I put my bootanimation on the root of my SD card, selected it, waited a couple of minutes for good measure, and rebooted, but the stock one was still there. Any tips?

Did you ever get a toast popup saying it was succesfully copied?

I just tested choosing one from my sdcard, and it worked fine. Have you ever tried using that bootanimation manually (copying to /system/media with a file explorer)?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone link/pm/post a guide to how to use ADB over network? Please and thank you. :D

1- Settings>>Wireless & Network settings>>Wi-Fi (be sure it's checked, and wait for connection)
2- Settings>>Wireless & Network settings>>Wi-Fi settings>>(press menu key)>>Advanced>>(write down IP address)
3- Settings>>Applications>>Development>>ADB over network (be sure it's checked)
4- On PC, open command prompt to use ADB as you usually do
5- Type in adb connect YOUR.IP.ADDRESS.HERE:5555
6- Use adb as you normally would

So if your IP address is 192.168.1.117, you type in: adb connect 192.168.1.117:5555

When finished, remember to turn off ADB over network in settings! ;)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 0212 build of BACKside and still getting screen freeze. Is it still happening to anyone else? If not... Probably just a bad flash I guess

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon