[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
My Data is completely screwed up... I can't send or recieve absolutely anything... can some1 tell me something i might of done wrong or some settings that might be important.. i dont think i changed much settings lately.. but for now im restoring a backup of a stock rom or a previous point when my data was working

Try the froyo activate.apk to make sure.

So i installed the latest version but the worst part is that I cannot access the Google market anymore. Every time I start the market application, it and asks me if I want to add my google account and when I click on yes the application just quits.

Any help would be appreciated
Try adding it in the settings instead of the market

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So i installed the latest version but the worst part is that I cannot access the Google market anymore. Every time I start the market application, it and asks me if I want to add my google account and when I click on yes the application just quits.

Any help would be appreciated

Redownload gapps and check the md5sum:
Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki
md5sum 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f

Reboot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash just gapps, then reboot. ;)

Once the phone boots up, wait 5 more minutes to allow the background processes to catch up (they are rebuilding dalvik and a bunch of other stuff on first boot).

Now, skip signing in to your Google account. Got to network settings and enable wifi if you can, if you are not near a router, test to be sure 3g is working by opening a webpage or sending a MMS. Once you are sure you have network connection (wifi or 3g), go into settings>>accounts>> and click on google, then proceed as usual. ;)

Reactions: clodfelterac

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build is up:

Download via the BacksideUpdater

or

BACKside-IHO-VM670-02192012.zip
md5sum 1c6013c1fa7d2532fbcd747578cb42f5

GreenMachineTheme-02192012.zip

Changes:
--Synced with CM7.2
-Change to LGEstarRIL may help with mms from some carriers (needs testing)
-More fixes for screen freezes caused by ICS rotation animation
-More fixes for swipe to dismiss in notification dropdown
-Added landscape layout for lockscreen pin screen
-Added an option in notification power widget to automatically switch 2G/3G when mobile data is disabled/enabled
--Added ability to set custom background image in the notification dropdown
--Added an option to disable ICS rotation animations (just in case ;))

New settings locations:
Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Display>>ICS rotation animation (uncheck if rotations give you freezes)
Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Interface>>Status bar tweaks>>Notification dropdown background

Note- as with all my mods that require selecting a file via a file manager, you must have OI File Manger installed
(it's included in the ROM ;))

Background images for the notification dropdown should be 320x480. Most of the top 30-100 pixels will be covered by the status bar and notification titles/messages. I recommend you use a base background image with a color of your choosing, then paste the image you want to see at the bottom of it. See the Peeping Android background for a good example.

Note- changes to the background image require either a reboot or using Notification Restart from the Market.

As always, thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, tdmcode, LeslieAnn, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, kermikalelite, the CM team, the AOSP team, and many many many more! ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
How do I change the boot animation in BACKside? When I change it in the settings I see no change when I reboot.

I just tested with the new build, tried both the included particle_bootanimation.zip in /system/media, and tried a downloaded one in /sdcard/download, and both played fine upon reboot.

Just to be sure, you don't have bootanimation disabled under performance settings do you?
Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Performance settings>>Disable boot animation (be sure it's unchecked)

When you are in settings, and you choose a new bootanimation, you need to wait a few seconds till you see a popup message confirming the bootanimation file has been moved. The larger the file, the longer it will take to copy. If you never see a confirmation message, please post the bootanimation you are trying to select, and a logcat posted to pastebin would be very helpful. ;)

PacifistRiot

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I just tested with the new build, tried both the included particle_bootanimation.zip in /system/media, and tried a downloaded one in /sdcard/download, and both played fine upon reboot.

Just to be sure, you don't have bootanimation disabled under performance settings do you?
Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Performance settings>>Disable boot animation (be sure it's unchecked)

When you are in settings, and you choose a new bootanimation, you need to wait a few seconds till you see a popup message confirming the bootanimation file has been moved. The larger the file, the longer it will take to copy. If you never see a confirmation message, please post the bootanimation you are trying to select, and a logcat posted to pastebin would be very helpful. ;)
Thanks JerryScript, looks like it was due to "Disable boot animation" being checked. But, with that checked why is your BACKside boot animation not disabled?

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks JerryScript, looks like it was due to "Disable boot animation" being checked. But, with that checked why is your BACKside boot animation not disabled?

The BACKside-IHO with the peeping android animation is the 1st bootanimation, which replaces the stock VM 1st bootanimation. The 1st bootanimation cannot be disabled at this time via settings, but I'll consider adding such an option. ;)

Last edited:

PacifistRiot

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The BACKside-IHO with the peeping android animation is the 1st bootanimation, which replaces the stock VM 1st bootanimation. The 1st bootanimation cannot be disabled at this time via settings, but I'll consider adding such an option. ;)
You think there would be any boot speed improvements with being able to disable it?

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site

Any chance an option will be available for the stock VM 1st boot animation? I prefer to keep that kind of thing as stock as possible.

--bornagainpenguin

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Any chance an option will be available for the stock VM 1st boot animation? I prefer to keep that kind of thing as stock as possible.

--bornagainpenguin

Not in BACKside. ;)

However, asadullah has posted video tutorials on how to extract and repack the boot.img, so you could do it yourself and share with those who feel the same. You would have to replace the boot.img each time there was an update, but there are not any planned changes to the boot.img, so you would just have to follow asadullah's instructions once, and re-use that boot.img with subsequent releases of the ROM. Just swap it out in the ROM's zip file, and then turn off signature verification in recovery when flashing. Or create a flashable package based on the ROM's updater-script. ;)

Reactions: bornagainpenguin

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know where to download the boot an:cool:imation from MiRagE. ;-)

If you are referring to the 1st bootanimation, originally the Virgin Mobile one, it's in the boot.img in the ROM zip file.

If you are referring to the second bootanimation, which is based on CM's bootanimation binary and is what everyone is used to before tdm got the 1st bootanimation working, it's located in the ROM's zip file under /system/media/bootanimation.zip ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781