[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
So I just used kdz to flash the sprint gingerbread update (everything works except for mms yet) anyways I'm sure no one is surprised to find out when I flash this rom it doesn't give me a signal is there anyway to add support for the zvh radio?

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
So I just used kdz to flash the sprint gingerbread update (everything works except for mms yet) anyways I'm sure no one is surprised to find out when I flash this rom it doesn't give me a signal is there anyway to add support for the zvh radio?

You have a Optimus S now?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Ehhh... I thought flashing the Sprint Gingerbread was one of those absolute no-nos because it borks the OV radio beyond repair. But you're the expert here, and surely I wouldn't expect you to make a mistake like that. So I must be mistaken.

Or are you just pulling my legs here ;-)

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Would flashing an update to backside with a 3rd party theme chooser theme enabled do anything bad? Because ever since I flashed my first ROM update with a theme enabled, the statusbar settings have been wonky. "Theme" doesn't actually go to the theme status bar background anymore, no matter what theme I use. It just brings up the theme statusbar icons. And system and transparent are backwards, but custom color still works fine. Might just have to do a complete wipe and start over, but I'm trying out ICS tomorrow anyway, so I may just do that. Just wondering about this though.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Really enjoy IHO on my phone (been using Bobz's). I hadn't updated since December and things were doing ok but decided to catch up and load the latest. I did the usual clear cache/dalvik thing which usually works. It did work, but the WiFi became very unstable. Tried it twice with the same result. Also "forgot" the Wifi connection and reentered it to no avail. Restore to a full backup and everything is fine again.

I know one option would be to clean wipe and reinstall, but I was wondering if anyone else is having this trouble.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Would flashing an update to backside with a 3rd party theme chooser theme enabled do anything bad? Because ever since I flashed my first ROM update with a theme enabled, the statusbar settings have been wonky. "Theme" doesn't actually go to the theme status bar background anymore, no matter what theme I use. It just brings up the theme statusbar icons. And system and transparent are backwards, but custom color still works fine. Might just have to do a complete wipe and start over, but I'm trying out ICS tomorrow anyway, so I may just do that. Just wondering about this though.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
I have done my best to keep the default AOSP theming functionality intact with my mods, but I cannot guarantee that all theme method work. Have you tried both theme and ROM settings? Many themes once applied treat their resources as the ROM's, so you should try both the theme and ROM settings, for flashable themes try using ROM. ;)

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Flashing the radio doesnt permanently mess up the phone. i can downgrade it to a different radio if needed. Honestly i never did it before because i didn't want to take a chance since the optimus was my only phone.
In my opinion it's the correct route to take since it's an update in the phones software.

P.S yes i mean the optimus V.

Last edited:

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have done my best to keep the default AOSP theming functionality intact with my mods, but I cannot guarantee that all theme method work. Have you tried both theme and ROM settings? Many themes once applied treat their resources as the ROM's, so you should try both the theme and ROM settings, for flashable themes try using ROM. ;)

Well, I am using a custom modified theme. The first one I am trying is zDunex's MIUI theme. I've modified the statusbar background and notification icons.

"Theme" gives me a transparent statusbar.
"ROM" gives me the theme statusbar.
"Custom Color" gives me the color I set
"Transparent" gives me transparent again.

Using a different theme, this time a modified version of a MIUI V4 theme, I can never even get the theme statusbar background to show up. Actually, one sec, I think I might have just found something...

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
A little tip from benslgdroid at AF:

For background images to use in the notification dropdown, do a google search for anything and add 320x480 to it (example: <your fav team> 320x480), then hit the images tab. You'll get tons of images based on your search term that will work in the background chooser. And you can do it all from your phone! ;)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Flashing the radio doesnt permanently mess up the phone. i can downgrade it to a different radio if needed. Honestly i never did it before because i didn't want to take a chance since the optimus was my only phone.<br />
In my opinion it's the correct route to take since it's an update in the phones software. <br />
<br />
P.S yes i mean the optimus V.
I thought the reason it was a problem was because there is no virgin Mobile radio to go back to once sprints was flashed...

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I thought the reason it was a problem was because there is no virgin Mobile radio to go back to once sprints was flashed...
Yes, that's what I was referring to. I remember those threads with poor souls who flashed the Sprint GB and nobody here had a fix for them to bring it back. But come on, this is asadullah, I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

That's why I thought he might be joking at first...

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
No you can't downgrade below v7 once you upgrade unless we are able to someday open up the vm670 cab file. But I don't know why you would want to except in case of returns which well I don't plan on it.
Just a little info on the radios. if you look in about phone you'll notice the baseband section, that is your radio version mine for instance was the v5 baseband. Each radio up till zvh is an update in the radio software sometimes giving you a better signal. In the case of zvh though it's an update it also has new libs so it does't work with anything right now except for the optimus gingerbread roms or roms made for the radio.
Honestly I would suggest the v7 v8 or v9 radio. I downgraded back today to the v8. They fully work with our devices The zvh though is gonna need some support.

Here's some stuff on the radio interface

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Actually in about phone on IHO the baseband is just unknown. Thx for the info tho. Seems a bit scary for me to attempt an update lol

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI- there has never been a radio image released specifically for the Optimus V.

You take a risk flashing radio images. Asadullah knows what he is doing, but then he's been developing for the OV longer than anyone else! ;)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
MiRaGe 02222012

I have uploaded a new MiRaGe build 02222012 to the IHO Wiki after syncing with the CM repo. The few changes are as follows

- Synced with the CM repo
- Fix screen hang after dismissing a landscape alarm
- I have replaced the battery, WiFi, signal, sdcard, smiley icons with ICS style icons in GB color (not from CM repo).

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, and the CM team.

Last edited:

bmwkeith

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have uploaded a new MiRaGe build 02222012 to the IHO Wiki after syncing with the CM repo. The few changes are as follows

- Synced with the CM repo
- Fix screen hang after dismissing a landscape alarm
- I have replaced the battery, WiFi, signal, sdcard, smiley icons with ICS style icons in GB color (not from CM repo).

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, and the CM team.

Just flashed the 02-22-2012 build of Mirage. Everything seems to work fine except the theme with circular battery indicator doesn't work.

fratch73

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I too have flashed the new mirage rom and theme. Everything seems to be working including the circular battery indicater. Just wanna says thanks to you all for your hardwork.

Reactions: mrg666