[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

a5pe4

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Note, I used a color picker tool from gimp to select the colors for the new status bar icons from the wireless icon, but some turned out way too green. Will attmpt to fix in next build. ;)

Agreed! They look almost yellowish-green. I personally preferred the default colors but it's no biggy!

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
New build of BACKside is up:

Download via the BacksideUpdater

or

BACKside-IHO-VM670-03132012.zip
md5sum 9a5fa707bb2553e0bfb562b1e9ea6829

GreenMachineTheme-03132012.zip

Download DrewWalton's amazing touch screen recovery here!
md5sum bda76ec1214f88eeb922d05fb18fa1e7

Changes:
--Reverted fingerprint frameworks and pin landscape commits from CM - needs testing to see if this fixes reports of pin screen not functioning properly
--Added an experimental Suspend mode to the power menu - this will put your phone in a semi-deep sleep state similar to airplane mode - no phone calls or messages - but you will still get your alarms - might be good for overnite power savings when no charger is available
--Made the date in the status bar follow the clock color - been meaning to do this for a while now
--Made the status bar system icons follow the general theme of being green when active/connected
--Improved the functionality of the statusbar restart in settings
--Added ability to use any file manager with all BACKside tweaks - status bar mods - BacksideUpdater - etc - no more requirement to use OI File manager exclusively
edit-- forgot the bootanimation changer, it will be changed in the next build
--Added option in BacksideUpdater to download previous versions back to the beginning of the year - once a different date is selected you can download - view changelog - check md5sum - then reboot to recovery to install
--Added option in BacksideUpdater to install a recovery within the app - choose recovery file and it will install it - then reboot straight into the new recovery to test it - I highly recommend Drewwaltons touch recovery!

Note -- If the changelog doesn't show when you load an old version, swipe down in the black text box, it's because the last text showing was larger, will fix in next build.
Thanks as always to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, tdm, LeslieAnn, drewwalton, whyzor, bigsupersquid, kermikalelite, the CM team, the AOSP team, and a whole lot more! ;)

Edit: Forgot, I fixed the png transparency support in the notification dropdown chooser. :p

Jerry, Would it make sense give a brief description of when and how to install the new Recovery, specially for existing users of your ROM? And maybe a short note of the benefits you see? Dont mean to make work for you, but it may head off questions. Thanks!

Last edited:

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Jerry, Would it make sense give a brief description of when and how to install the new Recovery, specially for existing users of your ROM? And maybe a short note of the benefits you see? Dont mean to make work for you, but it may head off questions. Thanks!

i second the motion... lol... it would be convient to have all the info in one post... not that its hard to pop back to the other thread... :)

anzala

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Great Job with all the phone updates! However, I notice that my phone freeze all the time and if my alarm is on for longer than 4 minutes it lockups. is there a permission fix that I can run. I notice I can not run the permission on Rom manager because it can not access box?

thank a lot

Reactions: JerryScript

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, this last OTA update loaded smoothly on both my Novatech & Hitachi OVs but... The old one runs it with no prob. The new Hitachi had an issue with the gapps & Superuser? I did a full backup previously and had to use it cause Superuser quit working and lost the ability to access the Google account server. I don't know if one had anything to do with the failure of the other?! I do PCs myself. I had updated the Superuser binary (after I flashed the update, as a usual step) and that's when Superuser started force closing. This never happened before. I restored the Hitachi to the 3/6 build. The new update didn't work (yet) for the Hitachi, but the old novatech is just fine! Any ideas ? This was submitted on my old OV. Still lovin life.

Last edited:

jru

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
i second the motion... lol... it would be convient to have all the info in one post... not that its hard to pop back to the other thread... :)
Leslie Anne has links to this information in her OP for Harmonia 2. That's what I used to refresh my memory before changing my recovery.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Lol, Just flashed the build on my replacement, I have the newer OV 2.2.2. I like that it runs smoother than my other one, and it can overclock like my old one, all the way to 864.

Keep the IHO builds going devs. :D
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

athornfam2

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
ok just found out that everything works except for data for some reason like it tries to connect but it just turns itself off. oh well back to the other rom

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
ok just found out that everything works except for data for some reason like it tries to connect but it just turns itself off. oh well back to the other rom

This is just a guess mind you... but... could it be that data doesn't work because this rom was not built for your phone or for your carrier;)

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Got a text from VM about a security patch for OV LG Optimus V Software Update

Is it safe to update?

No its not safe at all unless you're running completely on stock. Leslie Ann looked into it and saw that it would destroy your root and recovery. So for right now if you're rooted it's a no go.

Exactly as I thought.

It is a radio update, not sure if it matches the Optimus S or not though.
I can pull the radio img and make a flasher if anyone wants that, but it may need a different radio driver. Which could break compatibility with all current roms.

It is a full rom, 2.2.2, while not GB, it shows VM may intend to keep this phone around a bit longer. So we may see GB yet. The radio may contain a PRL update but I have no way to check without flashing it.

This WILL remove root.
It may not destroy your phone, and it won't destroy your data, it WILL remove Superuser and the ability to tether. Superuser is easy to replace with a flash, if it doesn't remove the custom recovery, but I can't be certain that it won't destroy that.

Edit:
Yes this destroys recovery as well.
So all root will be lost.

It can simply be repackaged to not lose root, but other than the radio, there is really nothing here for rooted users.

Last edited: