[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I have uploaded a new MiRaGe build 03172012 to the IHO Wiki.

The followings are the changes after syncing with the CM repo
- Improve toast strings in Phone
- Hide SSN toasts by default in Phone
- Create Kineto-compatible AudioTrack::set and AudioRecord::set methods
- Show PIN entry screen even if lockscreen is disabled (not sure if this works)

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, gannon5197 and the CM team.

I'm running this R0M right now, and am liking it quite a bit except for the inability to move the clock to the center of the status bar. I've looked around and just can't seem to find it. Is this not an option on the Mirage R0M?

If not an option by default , is there an easy way to add it back in for my own use?

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm running this R0M right now, and am liking it quite a bit except for the inability to move the clock to the center of the status bar. I've looked around and just can't seem to find it. Is this not an option on the Mirage R0M?

If not an option by default , is there an easy way to add it back in for my own use?

Thanks!

Center clock is native to Jerryscript's backside.;)

Reactions: bornagainpenguin

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

That only in Jerry's build. You can make a patch though using Zdune's patcher. PM me if you can't get it to work, and I'll make it for you. :p

Don't pay attention to the APKtool stuff. Just the patcher and the video!

Zdune Android - Tweaks

Reactions: bornagainpenguin

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
In fact, all IHO roms are now 7.2 RC1 ;)

BTW- I've started to make a few videos to help people learn to get the most out of BACKside. I started out with the customization elements. I plan on adding more technical ones as well. Here is the customization playlist so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APKyljqEQhs&list=PL2A986C7DD8DE2ECD&feature=plpp_play_all
[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APKyljqEQhs&list=PL2A986C7DD8DE2ECD&feature=plpp_play_all[/YT]

Last edited:

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
That only in Jerry's build. You can make a patch though using Zdune's patcher. PM me if you can't get it to work, and I'll make it for you. :p

Don't pay attention to the APKtool stuff. Just the patcher and the video!

Zdune Android - Tweaks

Hmmm...may just flash something else instead then. I hear there's a new better MIUI coming, may just go with that...if not then I'll give the link you posted a shot. Thanks!

--bornagainpenguin

Reactions: thewraith420

TekOne

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Some how i experience that my device freeze once a while.. it force me pull the battery out to shut it off. It freeze that all button no respond. Even power off can't respond. Don't know is it buggy rom or my device can't work with this rom.

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Some how i experience that my device freeze once a while.. it force me pull the battery out to shut it off. It freeze that all button no respond. Even power off can't respond. Don't know is it buggy rom or my device can't work with this rom.

What device are you using? I think this ROM is targeted at the Virgin Mobile Optimus V phone. The ROM runs pretty stable for me for at least the past six months.

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm thinking about switching from this to Harmonia 2. I know that Harmonia 2 is a "stripped down" version of IHO but what really would I miss out on if I were to switch?

Would I see any improvement in battery life?

My phone gets wonky if I OC it at all so I don't care if I lose that ability.

Also will my apps just switch over, or will I need to backup/restore them?

Thanks!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

This used to happen to me a lot. Tried decreasing my overclock, reflashing, no dice, nothing worked until I did this: Back up anything you want to keep on your SD Card to your PC. Then, go into recovery, mounts & storage, format /boot /cache /system /data /sd-ext and /sdcard (this will format your SD card, be sure to back up your stuff!). Also, format Dalvik Cache twice. Do all that TWICE. Mount USB Storage in Recovery, copy the ROM zip and gapps if applicable over, and flash.

Hey guys I'm thinking about switching from this to Harmonia 2. I know that Harmonia 2 is a "stripped down" version of IHO but what really would I miss out on if I were to switch?

Would I see any improvement in battery life?

My phone gets wonky if I OC it at all so I don't care if I lose that ability.

Also will my apps just switch over, or will I need to backup/restore them?

Thanks!

Harmonia 2 has given me much better battery life than any of the IHO ROMs. mrg666's build has great battery life though as well. BACKside has tons of tweaks and customizations. As far as restoring apps, I'm not sure if you can just wipe cache and flash another IHO flavor over Harmonia, so I'll let someone else take the last question.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Harmonia 2 has given me much better battery life than any of the IHO ROMs. mrg666's build has great battery life though as well. BACKside has tons of tweaks and customizations. As far as restoring apps, I'm not sure if you can just wipe cache and flash another IHO flavor over Harmonia, so I'll let someone else take the last question.
You pretty much can if you wipe cache and Dalvik, but...

It's always better to start fresh and since the user is having stability issues, a full wipe would be better.

Reactions: MasterTec

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
You pretty much can if you wipe cache and Dalvik, but...

It's always better to start fresh and since the user is having stability issues, a full wipe would be better.

It's only unstable if I OC. I can't even up it to 729!

Anyway you're right a full wipe is my best option. I have everything backed up anyway so it's not a huge deal to restore everything.

Are there any features that IHO has that I'll miss with Harmonia 2?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm