[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
@jerry... didnt you say that in this build it would be ok to delete the file manager as long as we have a replacement installed?... i never really use it... (i use root browser)... not that it really matters... just curious... :)

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
mmm... i dont know about that... i thought he said somewhere that his builds required the file manager to run some aspect... NOT saying that youre not 100% absolutely correct, but id still like confirmation from him... just to be sure... i guess i could just backup and try it and see... lol... but id rather not because im being lazy right now... ;-)

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
mmm... i dont know about that... i thought he said somewhere that his builds required the file manager to run some aspect... NOT saying that youre not 100% absolutely correct, but id still like confirmation from him... just to be sure... i guess i could just backup and try it and see... lol... but id rather not because im being lazy right now... ;-)

I prefer to use root explorer, so i delete file manager every time feel the need to "trim the fat". It has never been missed.

Reactions: clodfelterac

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Jerry updated it in the last couple build's so you can use most file managers. I removed file manager and use root browser and it works fine. So far no issues with boot animation chooser or choosing image for notification dropdown

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Jerry updated it in the last couple build's so you can use most file managers. I removed file manager and use root browser and it works fine. So far no issues with boot animation chooser or choosing image for notification dropdown

Must depend on you remove it then, because I have root explorer installed and removed the oi file manager via uninstall from links and trying to use bootanimation preview crashes the process.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I use Root Explorer, and it doesn't crash when changing/previewing bootanimations or any of the other mods.

And yes, I did make the changes over the last two builds to support any file manager. ;)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
On older builds you couldn't use the boot animation switcher unless you had the native file explorer installed. But now you can use any root file explorer
That still wouldn't create any stability issues with anything, it would have only broken the animation changer.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
MiRaGe 04032012

I have uploaded the 04032012 build of MiRaGe to the IHO Wiki.

The followings are the changes after syncing with the CM repo
- policy: fix "Skip on security" functionality (It was only working for fingerprint and pattern lockscreens)
- Fix possible null-pointer exception in Bluetooth.apk.
- Allow theming of framework UI elements (As the theme engine works by replacing resources while loading the APK, framework UI couldn't be themed so far. Workaround that by manually creating a com.android.systemui package context and using that for showing the UI.)
- Quick unlock : Fix bug (users whose passwords are greater than 8 chars and have quick unlock enabled were unable to unlock their lockscreen)

I have added the followings
- Transparency for notification background
- Baseband properly shown in Setting->About phone (thanks to Jerry for finding where to find it)

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, gannon5197, and the CM team.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Baseband? o__o

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Baseband is the cellular radio firmware. Older OV's were ZV4, Newer OV's are ZV5 and the new update VM released and the radio update Leslie pulled from it updates to ZV9. If you look under settings > About Phone you will see Baseband. Stock rom's will show you the baseband version but Custom Rom's show it as unknown. Looks like MRG fixed it in his build so it will show baseband version instead of unknown

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: MiRaGe 04032012

I have uploaded the 04032012 build of MiRaGe to the IHO Wiki.

The followings are the changes after syncing with the CM repo
- policy: fix "Skip on security" functionality (It was only working for fingerprint and pattern lockscreens)
- Fix possible null-pointer exception in Bluetooth.apk.
- Allow theming of framework UI elements (As the theme engine works by replacing resources while loading the APK, framework UI couldn't be themed so far. Workaround that by manually creating a com.android.systemui package context and using that for showing the UI.)
- Quick unlock : Fix bug (users whose passwords are greater than 8 chars and have quick unlock enabled were unable to unlock their lockscreen)

I have added the followings
- Transparency for notification background
- Baseband properly shown in Setting->About phone (thanks to Jerry for finding where to find it)

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, gannon5197, and the CM team.

This new theming function, could you explain it a bit further? The way that it is explained here doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying we can now easily create custom themes, or you have just expanded the theming ability of the theme chooser?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: MiRaGe 04032012

This new theming function, could you explain it a bit further? The way that it is explained here doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying we can now easily create custom themes, or you have just expanded the theming ability of the theme chooser?

That change with several others, as I indicated clearly, are from CM repo. I have not done anything other than syncing regarding this change. Credit goes to a CM dev, maniac103. You can find all the details including the code here.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair