[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
New build of BACKside-IHO us up!

Download via the BacksideUpdater (just wait till you see the new one!)

or

BACKside-IHO-VM670-04172012.zip
md5sum d396e9c3e62e80747f00877415ea6bb7

GreenMachineTheme-04172012.zip

Changes: Synced with CM and cherry-picked some changes
-- Lots of behind the scenes code improvements in dalvik, should lead to smoother performance
-- -- BacksideUpdater huge update!!!
-- -- Added download progress indicator but it is still OK to exit and let it complete in the background
-- -- Added the ability to Automatically Install ROM Updates!!
-- -- -- Once you have downloaded the ROM package and BacksideUpdater verifies it, you can select Install ROM Now and your phone will reboot and wipe cache/dalvik-cache and install the ROM and reboot back to normal All Automatically! ;)

For the best results download and install CWM-Green-Recovery, a new recovery I built for just this purpose!

Note- Automatic install has been tested to work on CWM-Green, BobZhome, IHO, and Drew's-Touch recoveries. Automatic wipe dalvik-cache only works on CWM-Green-Recovery.

Thanks as always to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, tdm, LeslieAnn, gannon, tvall, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, kermikalelite, the CM team, the AOSP team, and a whole lot more! ;)

This is so awesome Jerry. Thank you for your awesome work.

Can you explain what automatic wipe dalvik cache does? Is that wiping the dcache from within the ROM like CM7?

Thanks!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
When you install an update to a ROM, it is standard procedure to wipe the dalvik-cache. This is normally done under the advanced menu in recovery. Without wiping dalvik-cache, you often get FCs and/or freezes due to incompatible code/data fragments being left behind from the previous installation.

My new CWM-Green-Recovery will automatically wipe dalvik cache when the auto-install method is choosen in the BacksideUpdater. No muss, no fuss. ;)

WakeUpC22

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jerry,
Thanks again for your awesome work! Just wanted to ask if boot sounds were currently working. did a search in the thread but latest thing I found in your patch notes was that this was fixed.

And Chang4u, if you want to change that animation you have to edit the boot.img itself. This is done by
1) installing cygwin (assuming you're pc)
2) installing android kitchen so it can extract and rebuild the image
3) grabbing a png to rle converter
4) correctly modifying the files in a way that still allows the system to boot up while animating nicely
all the while not bricking your system.

Unless you're obsessed and you're either a programmer or an artist or both I don't think it's worth it to learn how to do this. That is until they develop a tool for bootimages customization.

regardless it always involves the boot.img, which if you mess up you basically get a non booting phone or a nice data wipe if you don't have the proper files and so forth for custom
recovery.

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of the auto update, but i usually do backups in recovery before i do the flash. Whats the best way to do that now, rom manger?

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of the auto update, but i usually do backups in recovery before i do the flash. Whats the best way to do that now, rom manger?

Reading Jerry's Green Recovery thread, it says you can choose manual flashing, in which case it still downloads and MD5 checks the ROM, then reboots you into recovery. Here you can make your backup and flash the update. It's semi-automatic.

I hope I'm understating this correctly.

I am blown away by this initiative of Jerry's. He is providing a tool set to raise the level of support and ease-of-use for all ROMs, not just his own!

Reactions: JerryScript

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Here's a fun fact that I noticed...idk if people know or noticed it before but theme Chooser only works for adw launcher and not for launcher pro. Just thought I should point it out. Love the new automatic update.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I still don't recommend ROM manager on the Optimus V. For now, do your backups manually, I'll see about adding an automatic option. ;)

Reactions: kraven

killer14321

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
i installed green machine theme and i dont like it how do install a differnt one? i tryed flashing the blues and i keep getting adw force close untill i have to reflash the rom

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
So let me be clear and clarify this with you.... even though, I myself, have not done it-- if the radio update has not yet been flashed, it is now not recommended to be done with this new recovery? Thanks in advance:)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So let me be clear and clarify this with you.... even though, I myself, have not done it-- if the radio update has not yet been flashed, it is now not recommended to be done with this new recovery? Thanks in advance:)

No, it might brick

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry - great work! Had a question. I flashed the newest ROM. After rebooting, I realized that the battery indicator had changed. The old one was a quarter circle with a percentage in it. The new one has a percentage number followed by an upright battery. Also had a question about the new recovery. The up/down keys work, but I was not able to get the keys that select an option working. I had to press one of the 4 buttons at the bottom of my screen to run the option (was trying to reboot). Is this the correct way? Awesome work, once more!!!!!

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry - great work! Had a question. I flashed the newest ROM. After rebooting, I realized that the battery indicator had changed. The old one was a quarter circle with a percentage in it. The new one has a percentage number followed by an upright battery. Also had a question about the new recovery. The up/down keys work, but I was not able to get the keys that select an option working. I had to press one of the 4 buttons at the bottom of my screen to run the option (was trying to reboot). Is this the correct way? Awesome work, once more!!!!!

On the recovery he changed the home button to the select for fear of wearing down the camera button

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I really like all the features of the new backside but one, the updater will not let you flash any other roms but backside! every rom I tried said bad download- files don't match. It says delete and download file again, so I try that but then it says link is not valid???????:mad:

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I really like all the features of the new backside but one, the updater will not let you flash any other roms but backside! every rom I tried said bad download- files don't match. It says delete and download file again, so I try that but then it says link is not valid???????:mad:

Thats why its called backside updater ;)