[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
What's your Overclock?

And maybe try Tvall's kernel. :p

My Max is 806, min is 480. And I'm using the OnDemand governor.

I don't think the issue is the overclock, since I can run it 24/7 at 806 with no problems. I'm thinking maybe it's how I overclock? Just freezes in sleep mode, and can't replicate it even when trying :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I found another kernel has anyone else seen this?
447732d5-194b-924f.jpg

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to substitute the power buttons displayed in the dropdown notifications? I want to put in Airplane mode, not Bluetooth, because I never use Bluetooth.

It's not under CM Settings->Interface->Statusbar Tweaks, because I already checked.

I'll see what I can do, but no promises, I've got a lot on the table right now. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
@Jerry, My phone, after the radio update, has non-stop random reboots. I forgot what Eollie said, but it was something with the SD card, so I took the SD Card out, and had 1 random reboot after 10Hours. I put the SD card back in and has 1 random reboot in 5 hours. Any ideas?

All I can say is I've posted in every radio thread that I do not recommend the radio update.

Radios and kernels often require each to be written compatible with the other in order to perform their best.

I have not flashed the radio to my personal OV, and I don't plan on it until the original radio can be backedup. Remember, never flash without backing up! ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry if this was asked before, but 5,000 + posts, that's alot to sift thru.

I'm running the most recent version of BACKside. I'm getting random freezes. They always occur after I wake the phone from sleep. Tried replicating it but I can't. I don't have any special rotations or effects enabled. Any ideas guys/?

Random freezes could be caused by just about anything. To rule out rotations, turn off the following for a day or two and see if it helps:
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Display>>Rotation animations (uncheck)
Settings>>ADW Launcher>>System Preferences>>Home Orientation (do not set to auto)

If that doesn't help, you'll need to connect your phone to your PC next time it freezes and run a logcat via ADB, then post it to pastebin.com, then post the pastebin URL here.

marlo222

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Just to add my 2 cents, i had installed the rom and it was rock solid for about a week, then i screwed it all up by installing GO Launcher, after that stated having wake freezing and reboots after sending text messages. i uninstalled Go launcher and disabled auto rotation. Reboots still happened. I did a total clean wipe of data and cache etc and reinstalled the rom and reboots started happening again within a few minutes. I then went into Cyanogenmod settings/ Performance and checked 'Allow purging of assets', disable boot animation, and Lock messaging app' and phone has been rock solid again with the rom and great battery life for about 2 days.
Not sure if this will help anybody else but so far so good for me.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Random freezes could be caused by just about anything. To rule out rotations, turn off the following for a day or two and see if it helps:
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Display>>Rotation animations (uncheck)
Settings>>ADW Launcher>>System Preferences>>Home Orientation (do not set to auto)

If that doesn't help, you'll need to connect your phone to your PC next time it freezes and run a logcat via ADB, then post it to pastebin.com, then post the pastebin URL here.

Awesome. Great, thanks man.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just to add my 2 cents, i had installed the rom and it was rock solid for about a week, then i screwed it all up by installing GO Launcher, after that stated having wake freezing and reboots after sending text messages. i uninstalled Go launcher and disabled auto rotation. Reboots still happened. I did a total clean wipe of data and cache etc and reinstalled the rom and reboots started happening again within a few minutes. I then went into Cyanogenmod settings/ Performance and checked 'Allow purging of assets', disable boot animation, and Lock messaging app' and phone has been rock solid again with the rom and great battery life for about 2 days.
Not sure if this will help anybody else but so far so good for me.

Thanks for the info! Good news for users in the same boat as you were.

The performance related settings are the second stage of troubleshooting right now, need to rule out rotation animations since they caused so many issues over the past few months, just to be sure.

FYI- Here are my performance related settings (I never get freezes ;)):
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Display>>Rotation Animations (unchecked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Interface>>Render effect (no render effect)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>CPU Settings>>SMARTASSV2,480,729,Set on Boot (checked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Compcache RAM Usage (not set)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Use JIT (checked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Enable surface dithering (unchecked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Use 16bit transparency (checked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Scrolling Cache (default)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Allow purging of assets (checked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Lock home in memory (unchecked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Lock messaging app in memory (unchecked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>VM heap size (48m)
Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>System Preferences>>Wallpaper Hack (unchecked)
Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>Scrolling Cache (auto)
Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>System persistent (unchecked)
Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>Home Orientation (portrait)

If these don't help, and you use the default ADW Launcher, I'll go through more of it's settings that may have issues. ;)

Reactions: nascar2428

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
@Jerry, My phone, after the radio update, has non-stop random reboots. I forgot what Eollie said, but it was something with the SD card, so I took the SD Card out, and had 1 random reboot after 10Hours. I put the SD card back in and has 1 random reboot in 5 hours. Any ideas?

All I can say is I've posted in every radio thread that I do not recommend the radio update.

Radios and kernels often require each to be written compatible with the other in order to perform their best.

I have not flashed the radio to my personal OV, and I don't plan on it until the original radio can be backedup. Remember, never flash without backing up! ;)
PM sent to Noob about this.

He was refering to this post also.

Reactions: JerryScript

marlo222

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info! Good news for users in the same boat as you were.

The performance related settings are the second stage of troubleshooting right now, need to rule out rotation animations since they caused so many issues over the past few months, just to be sure.

FYI- Here are my performance related settings (I never get freezes ;)):
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Display>>Rotation Animations (unchecked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Interface>>Render effect (no render effect)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>CPU Settings>>SMARTASSV2,480,729,Set on Boot (checked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Compcache RAM Usage (not set)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Use JIT (checked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Enable surface dithering (unchecked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Use 16bit transparency (checked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Scrolling Cache (default)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Allow purging of assets (checked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Lock home in memory (unchecked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Lock messaging app in memory (unchecked)
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>VM heap size (48m)
Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>System Preferences>>Wallpaper Hack (unchecked)
Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>Scrolling Cache (auto)
Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>System persistent (unchecked)
Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>Home Orientation (portrait)

If these don't help, and you use the default ADW Launcher, I'll go through more of it's settings that may have issues. ;)

Thanks for your settings Jerry! I am really liking the ROM, SO much better than stock. really smooth and the extra battery life is great (i haven't overclocked). I'm trying to leave the phone pretty bare right now to test the rom more and make sure no apps that i might installl are causing any issues.
I'll post more findings if i come across any. :)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a problem with this rom. This is the screenshot of it cause I can't really explain it Instagram sorry this was the only way I could show it

That's the same screen freeze issue a couple of others are reporting. Please read the past few pages and follow the recommended steps, then let us know if it helps. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox