[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Jerry's latest build, and something strange keeps happening to me. Same thing happened on my phone running MiRaGe's latest.

So the browser crashes/forcloses after I try to scroll and select a choice from a list, like picking a country/state from a list and I scroll down/up.

At first, I thought it was my overclock setting, then thought about the build itself (tried reflash both Jerry/mirage). Then I tried flashing a new kernel (tvall). Nothing works. Normal surfing the web, no problems.

Now I'm thinking it's the stock browser itself, or the new radio. What do you guys think?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Have you tried to do a full wipe of phone and reflashing the rom?

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I didn't use a guide but here's how I did it. I just started messing with it one day and it setup very easily. I am using newest backside along with Backside recovery and this worked for me so it should work for you but try at your own risk.

1. Backup SDCard to PC
2. Boot into recovery
3. Go to Advanced and Select Partition SDCard *** Will erase everything on SDCard
4. Select EXT size (I used 1024 = 1gb)
5. Select Swap to 0md
6. Wait while card is partitioned... Takes a while ...My recovery created a ext3 partition
7. Reboot into rom
8. Install Link2SD
9. On first run when it asks to select file system select EXT3
10. Reboot Phone
11. Go into Link2D and select each app that you want linked to ext partition and create link

I didn't use auto link but if you want you can go into settings and set auto link so all new apps are moved to sdext

I would uninstall Link2SD and retry everything and see how it goes

Ill give it a try. I didn't really want to go back to the new green recovery. I like to switch to and from tdm's quattrimus rom and using Jerry's recovery I can't install it it kicks errors. ANYWAY ill give your method a go and see what happens

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
RESOLVED: Error processing payment message from Google Play Store.

I got that one some time ago (after ZV9 update and restore of my IHO nandroid). After much googling I found a fix by deleting my account file (since you cannot remove it through menus or clearing app data).

I would find the details for you, but running late for a meeting. Google that error message and and see if you can find it. I'll check back when I get home tonight.

My phone wouldn't let me delete my Google Account without doing a factory reset first. :mad: On another forum I found this tip:
Clear the data in Google Play, and also in Google Services Framework.
They are located in Applications/all
You will have to re-enter your account information, but the store will work then

This worked. I hope this helps someone.:cool:

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
RESOLVED: Error processing payment message from Google Play Store.

My phone wouldn't let me delete my Google Account without doing a factory reset first. :mad: On another forum I found this tip:
Clear the data in Google Play, and also in Google Services Framework.
They are located in Applications/all
You will have to re-enter your account information, but the store will work then

This worked. I hope this helps someone.:cool:

Exactly, you can't delete your Google account through menus, but you CAN delete the account file. Glad you got it working.

Pokkill

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully this issue hasn't already been covered. I searched and didn't find anything specific to the Optimus phone.

I was looking around in Menu>Settings>CM Settings>Interface>Status bar Tweaks>Status bar appearance and I toggled between Theme and ROM (UOT), and now my statusbar is constantly force closing. I switched back to the ROM setting, rebooted the phone, used the restart status bar option, nothing has worked. I re-flashed the same ROM version (040912), then flashed the newest (041712) and nothing has worked. Upon restart it force closes immediately.

Any help would be welcome. Thank you.

Edit: This is also affecting phone calls, as in I cannot accept or decline them.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully this issue hasn't already been covered. I searched and didn't find anything specific to the Optimus phone.

I was looking around in Menu>Settings>CM Settings>Interface>Status bar Tweaks>Status bar appearance and I toggled between Theme and ROM (UOT), and now my statusbar is constantly force closing. I switched back to the ROM setting, rebooted the phone, used the restart status bar option, nothing has worked. I re-flashed the same ROM version (040912), then flashed the newest (041712) and nothing has worked. Upon restart it force closes immediately.

Any help would be welcome. Thank you.

Edit: This is also affecting phone calls, as in I cannot accept or decline them.

Not exactly sure what happened, but sounds like the settings got messed up by the theme. You'll probably need to wipe data. I would backup my apps with TitaniumBackup or MyBackup first, then go into recovery and wipe cache, dalvik cache, and format system and data.

andy o

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys

I've searched here and googled, but can't find anyone else with this problem. I'm wondering why "quiet hours" isn't working with my phone. As far as I can tell it never has, at least with the latest 2 or 3 ROMs. I have the Optimus V on Virgin (of course).

I have another problem too, this time specifically with this latest ROM (20120417), which is that wifi sometimes just doesn't connect, it seems to be random, I can't reproduce it all the time, but happens quite a lot. It says "disconnected", and there's no detection of available networks. I have to disable/enable wifi, and sometimes it takes more than one try for it to catch the wifi network. It's the same after reboot, and also after a reinstall of the ROM after wiping cache/dalvik. Happens at at least 3 different locations I frequent, one of them my own home.

If anyone could confirm these problems, or better, suggest a fix, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ps4601

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
when the adw launcher is included with the custom rom - is there any benefit to paying for the donate version of adw launcher on the market?

I believe there is increased functionality. I immediately installed ADW Ex and removed the original when I started using this rom, so I'm not sure. I think they might list the upgrades in the description of the Donate version on google play.

On a side note, when I was talking about the notification bar controls I was talking about something like:
SC20110618-221300.jpeg

It doesn't have to have a section in the bar to itself, but what I'm trying to say is that it only appears when I have music playing. I use n7player and it has the controls, however there's a function you have to enable in the kernel that allows you to press buttons within notifications, so pressing the buttons makes it press the whole notification instead.

Reactions: Dave Begue

marlo222

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
One thing i will note, is the reboots after sending a text message seem to happen once the battery is at 50% or lower. I don't know if its this rom or the VM update as i flashed to IHO soon after the VM update so no sure which is causing it.
My phone has rebooted 4 times already after text messages (battery lower than 50) and i didn't have that problem earlier today (battery above 50)

Reactions: a5pe4

suicidalerik

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
You should add more customization to the lock screen. Make themes or something. And make the music controls compatible with other music apps like playerpro.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You should add more customization to the lock screen. Make themes or something. And make the music controls compatible with other music apps like playerpro.

Drop low on the request. Its not as easy as counting to 3. The devs here try hard to keep everything going. The time will come, when it comes.

OppyV

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Quick question while we wait forA9... so if I were to partition, and link, what becomes of my linked apps after a cache+dalvik+data Clear? Still there on SD and just requires relinking or what? Could I potentially do away with titanium backup or would I need to reinstall the apps?
And thank u kwknott worked like a charm used a backup card to test. Going ahead with with formatting my daily card. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae