[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded and flashed this today, and I've had this rom freeze on me like 5 times. I'm not overclocked my phone wont do that. Is there any solutions to this problem?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

You need to specify which rom you flashed. This thread encompasses all the iho roms.

HOWEVER, I bet your problem is the ics rotation animations. Go into settings>>cm settings>>display and unselect ics rotation animations, then reboot. It should fix your problem.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: braxton355

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
excellent ROM...i'm still using the 2-29-12 build because the builds after that had the obnoxious blue clock in the status bar that you cant get rid of.

all in all good work..although i do need to say that the name you chose for it is very unfortunate. you might as well have called it the "BUTT CHEEKS ROM"

thank you, that is all.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Remember the first brcm...c code I linked? I had checked only a small part of it. That new code was actually passing the kernel driver's API some different parameters than the original. Instead of using the new one, I went back to the original and patched it with useful part of the new version.

Mrg666 are there any other possibilities for differences leaking through, causing audio problems?

I swear I notice a slight persistent stuttering even though the audio quality is vastly improved and usable vs. first iteration fix. It's a stuttering I've never heard before and I consistently hear it with the fix applied vs. not. (most noticeable during ringing)

I've flashed clean rom, made test calls and notice only normal occasional audio glitches probably from cell signal quality. I apply the fix and notice a distinctly different slight stuttering sound. Reversible by reflashing rom without applying fix. (I went through several cycles of that)

Of course, placebo and egg on my face is a possibility since its so slight a difference. I'm about to do a side by side with both our OVs connected to the head unit, tomorrow.

Anyway, it is definitely usable I'd just hate to see people have slightly degraded phone audio for the sake of our unique bt addresses (if I'm not imagining it, since I'm listening to it so "hard").

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Update-
I turned on bluetooth on the donor phone, and the bluetooth settings screen updated immediately. I checked the about phone screen again, and the bluetooth mac address was filled in. Turned bluetooth off, and the about phone screen again read Unknown. Turned bluetooth back on, and it read the same mac address again. Rebooted, and same behavior, same mac address.

So stock is not reading at init or boot, but from the module at each activation.
We need to discover the api request.

It is likely done in /system/bin/btld.

Note this comment in init.thunderc.rc:

Code:
# Make sure we startup btld before bluetoothd

And here are some strings out of the btld binary:

Code:
Setting local bd addr to %02X:%02X:%02X:%02X:%02X:%02X
  bd_addr:%02x-%02x-%02x-%02x-%02x-%02x
local bdaddr %02x:%02x:%02x:%02x:%02x:%02x

Also note there are a few other interesting strings in btld.

Here's one:

Code:
/data/data/com.broadcom.bt.app.system/0.vcf

Hmm, what's in that file?

Code:
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N;CHARSET=UTF-8:My Number
FN;CHARSET=UTF-8:My Number
TEL;CELL:206xxxxxxx
END:VCARD

It appears that btld is writing a vcard with the device's phone number. I would be interested in finding out why, and how it got that information...

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Mrg666 are there any other possibilities for differences leaking through, causing audio problems?

I swear I notice a slight persistent stuttering even though the audio quality is vastly improved and usable vs. first iteration fix. It's a stuttering I've never heard before and I consistently hear it with the fix applied vs. not. (most noticeable during ringing)

I've flashed clean rom, made test calls and notice only normal occasional audio glitches probably from cell signal quality. I apply the fix and notice a distinctly different slight stuttering sound. Reversible by reflashing rom without applying fix. (I went through several cycles of that)

Of course, placebo and egg on my face is a possibility since its so slight a difference. I'm about to do a side by side with both our OVs connected to the head unit, tomorrow.

Anyway, it is definitely usable I'd just hate to see people have slightly degraded phone audio for the sake of our unique bt addresses (if I'm not imagining it, since I'm listening to it so "hard").

That is 100% placebo. There can't be any difference in sound quality. MAC number is just an ID, it just needs to be valid and does not effect the actual data transfer once there is a connection. Nothing else has been changed in the ROM other than the MAC address. I explained earlier that the previous sound problem was not related to the MAC change but the different parameters passed to the API which is fixed now.

Reactions: Schlidel

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
That is 100% placebo.

You are 100% right. (of course) I just tried side by side and before I tried the fixed phone, I heard the exact sounds I was worried about on the control phone. (probably just normal virgin quality)

I know only changing the MAC wouldn't affect sound quality, just wasn't sure if anything else was happening similar to first iteration fix.(never know, even though you knew)

Thanks again!

Edit: Does anyone know why the Bluetooth voice dialer wont remember volume levels. It's turned all the way down to silence and when I turn it up it resets itself the next time I use voice dialer. Basically, I can't use bt voice dialer.

Exact same problem as http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php/736-BT-Voice-Dial-Volume but it defaults to zero, normally it defaults to about half or so (still annoying) like in that guys post from another forum.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried in the car and it worked better for me as well. The comments in the code claim the sound is too loud without limiting the volume but it seems not to be the case for OV. I have added my simple modification to my previous post, in case anybody else wants to use it.

Last edited:

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried in the car and it worked better for me as well. The comments in the code claim the sound is too loud without limiting the volume but it seems not to be the case for OV. I have added my simple modification to my previous post, in case anybody else wants to use it.

What is the expected volume behavior? Can we just set it and it'll remember?

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Damn, this little phone just WORKS! It may not be the hottest or fastest Android device on the market, but after 15 months, it's better than ever. And it's all thanks to IHO. Bless you all!

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
That is what I would expect but you are the bluetooth expert. Have you tested it?

I just tested it (sorry would have tested sooner if possible) and its exhibiting the same behavior.

Voice Dialer 2.3.7 still turns itself down. I flashed the edited .apk again just to make sure. Same.

Really appreciate this mrg666.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I just tested it (sorry would have tested sooner if possible) and its exhibiting the same behavior.

Voice Dialer 2.3.7 still turns itself down. I flashed the edited .apk again just to make sure. Same.

Really appreciate this mrg666.

My sloppiness. I did not do it properly. There was more code to take care and it could have force closed since I forced the app to use an uninitialized variable with my previous changes. I will upload next and hopefully final iteration soon. :-[

Edit:
Here you go. I have tested this one myself and it works for sure. The blueooth volume setting is not changing after using the voice dialer. You can download at the link below. My only concern is the sound distortion warning in the comments. Can you please do a little more testing to make sure sound distortion does not become a problem? That would be a great help.
VM670_voicedialer_patch .zip

And the code changes are again below.
Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]--- packages/apps/VoiceDialer/src/com/android/voicedialer/BluetoothVoiceDialerActivity.java.old	2011-11-04 13:21:10.131444353 -0400
+++ packages/apps/VoiceDialer/src/com/android/voicedialer/BluetoothVoiceDialerActivity.java	2012-05-18 20:27:04.521733235 -0400
@@ -167,7 +167,6 @@
     private boolean mWaitingForScoConnection;
     private Intent[] mAvailableChoices;
     private Intent mChosenAction;
-    private int mBluetoothVoiceVolume;
     private int mState;
     private AlertDialog mAlertDialog;
     private Runnable mFallbackRunnable;
@@ -316,17 +315,6 @@
             mWaitingForTts = false;

mTts.setOnUtteranceCompletedListener(new OnUtteranceCompletedListener());
-            // TTS over bluetooth will distort if set too loud, so we will
-            // store the current volume away, and then turn it down.
-            // We will restore it in onStop.
-            // Limit volume to roughly 75% of the max volume level for STREAM_BLUETOOTH_SCO
-            mBluetoothVoiceVolume = mAudioManager.getStreamVolume(
-                    AudioManager.STREAM_BLUETOOTH_SCO);
-            int maxVolume = mAudioManager.getStreamMaxVolume(AudioManager.STREAM_BLUETOOTH_SCO);
-            int volume = (int) (maxVolume / 1.3);
-            if (mBluetoothVoiceVolume > volume) {
-                mAudioManager.setStreamVolume(AudioManager.STREAM_BLUETOOTH_SCO, volume, 0);
-            }

if (mWaitingForScoConnection) {
                 // the bluetooth connection is not up yet, still waiting.
@@ -879,9 +867,6 @@
             mAlertDialog.dismiss();
         }

-        // set the volume back to the level it was before we started.
-        mAudioManager.setStreamVolume(AudioManager.STREAM_BLUETOOTH_SCO,
-                                      mBluetoothVoiceVolume, 0);
         mAudioManager.abandonAudioFocus(null);

// shut down bluetooth, if it exists[/FONT]

Last edited:

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Edit:
Here you go. I have tested this one myself and it works for sure. The blueooth volume setting is not changing after using the voice dialer. You can download at the link below. My only concern is the sound distortion warning in the comments. Can you please do a little more testing to make sure sound distortion does not become a problem? That would be a great help.

Thanks. Yes, I will do further testing for volume distortion issues.

Edit: It works, the volume sticks now. The volume level is now whatever the Bluetooth in call volume is set to.

I have an app called A2DP Volume which ramps up Bluetooth in call volume when Bluetooth connects so this works beautifully.

As for distortion, I hear none. That's with volume ramped all the way up. It may be startling to someone in some scenario, but they shouldn't be surprised since its set to the same as Bluetooth call volume. Actually, it'll be consistent now so surprises should be less/cease.

Anyway, I love it, and I'll continue to test as I use it. Thanks a ton!

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I need testers for my kernel changes. I have backported the android drivers from 2.6.38.8 and all of the fixes for bluetooth stack and drivers from the 2.6.32.59 kernel. It seems to be working fine based on my preliminary testing. Can you please test and let me know if you find any problems/change with overall performance and bluetooth use? You can find all changes here.

Thanks in advance if anybody wants to help.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3omuwic8y4k8gz9

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I need testers for my kernel changes. I have backported the android drivers from 2.6.38.8 and all of the fixes for bluetooth stack and drivers from the 2.6.32.59 kernel. It seems to be working fine based on my preliminary testing. Can you please test and let me know if you find any problems/change with performance and bluetooth use? You can find all changes here.

Thanks in advance if anybody wants to help.

http://www.mediafire.com/?160h6k6zshbb6ke

Just flashed and am running it now on backside

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis