[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I need testers for my kernel changes. I have backported the android drivers from 2.6.38.8 and all of the fixes for bluetooth stack and drivers from the 2.6.32.59 kernel. It seems to be working fine based on my preliminary testing. Can you please test and let me know if you find any problems/change with overall performance and bluetooth use? You can find all changes here.

Thanks in advance if anybody wants to help.

Yes, sir, just say the word. Downloading now, will let you know!

Edit: Not quite, it appears. Mediafire says invalid or deleted file. Maybe you're updating now. MD5 would be nice...

Edit 2: download worked now, got the file.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg666

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@mrg666: Unable to reproduce any problems so far. Tested the following:

1) Camera, Camcorder, Gallery (pics and video).

2) Wifi and 3G toggle, connecting and transmitting on both. Forgetting and re-connecting to my WiFi.

3) SMS and MMS to my VM number and my Google Voice number (forwarding to my VM number). Sending and receiving fine. MMS turns on 3G as it should, both sending and receiving.

4) Wi-fi Hotspot (just to test it, of course :D ) Required me to initiate data transfer on phone (eg Browser) before PC will connect, after that it works fine.

5) Bluetooth headset, outgoing & incoming calls, volume up/down (it does remember volume).

6) Bluetooth car (phone): outgoing calls, off/on hook, volume up/down.

7) Bluetooth car A2DP music playback: Google Music, Pandora, volume up/down, next track, change between music sources.

8) CPU Spy - no hesitation entering deep sleep.

9) GPS & Google Maps: toggling on/off, locking onto satellites, moving around a bit.

10) Various apps: Play Store, Browser, Gmail, Voice Search, Tapatalk, AVSforum, QuotePro, Amazon.

11) Rotation/accelerometer: Menus, Browser. NOTE: Could not disable Auto-rotation -- neither in menu nor in Notification Power Widget. Once rebooted, problem gone; now toggles all right. Don't know if even related to the kernel.

12) OC 480-768, SmartassV2: Monopoly game (normally a good test on my phone). 3D graphics and rendering is smooth.

Seriously, except for that one glitch with auto-rotation, I was unable to reproduce any problems (and it may not have had anything to do with the kernel, and it's gone now). I did notice the comment about WiFi, but I didn't see that.

I wiped cache and dalvik before flashing this. Also, I always disable OC before booting recovery to flash new stuff, so that on first boot it rebuilds everything without OC. All of the above (up until step 12) was on default 600 Mhz.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
How in the hell do you disable the transparent statusbar? It's extremely annoying, and the only reason I don't use this ROM.

go into settings,cyanogenmod settings,interface,status bar tweaks and select rom uot for the status bar,then restart the status bar. yes its annoying...even if you make a theme with 50% transparency,it still becomes 100% transparent.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
The wireless module is included. Wifi and iwconfig works here. What is that WiFi error?

downloaded and flashed right after you posted it earlier. wifi works for me,bluetooth is also,not noticing any fc's or any other issues. after flashing my install seems a bit more responsive than the last kernel. was experiencing some lag with touch response. but this could have been due to non kernel related issues,i just dont know. but the lag is gone.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback guys. After the recent bluetooth changes on the Android side, I wanted to check if the bluetooth driver and stack in the kernel had any effect on the same-MAC problem. So I went to the latest 2.6.32 kernel (it is still maintained) and backported all of the bluetooth fixes available. I tested these bluetooth kernel updates and the same-MAC problem still needs that fix I posted a couple of days ago. I didn't want to revert those updates after spending the time and wanted your help to make sure nothing is broken. Based on your testing and mine, I will keep the bluetooth updates in the kernel although they didn't help with the same-MAC problem. There is a fix anyway, we only made sure it is needed in the next build.

While I was there, I have backported the Android drivers as well. It is good to have especially an updated lowmemorykiller module. Since they also didn't break anything, let's keep them as well.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what the error is. It just says error in the Wi-Fi settings menu.

Is there a log file I could check.

You probably have a corrupted WiFi kernel module or incomplete flash. I would flash the kernel once more. If it does not fix, flash the ROM again.

I guess it was a bad flash. Wi-Fi is working now:-[

LOL, we posted at the same time.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common/wiki/Binary

Changelog

5-20-12:

1. sync'd up with CM
  2. Fixed: Baseband Version - Thanks to mrg666
  3. Fixed: Blue-Tooth MAC address - Thanks to mrg666
  4. Kernel v4: 1) Updated to LG's ZV9 kernel source 2) Changed to SIO scheduler

Special thanks to Blarf, Jerry, mrg666, thekarven, TDM and all the others that have help to improve this project.

Enjoy!
Bob

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common/wiki/Binary

Changelog

5-20-12:

1. sync'd up with CM
  2. Fixed: Baseband Version - Thanks to mrg666
  3. Fixed: Blue-Tooth MAC address - Thanks to mrg666
  4. Kernel v4: 1) Updated to LG's ZV9 kernel source 2) Changed to SIO scheduler

Special thanks to Blarf, Jerry, mrg666, thekarven, TDM and all the others that have help to improve this project.

Enjoy!
Bob

Awesome, been waiting for this!! Downloading now!! Won't it be rc 2 for Cm7.2?

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Late to the party, but I've been running the new kernel now for about an hour testing Bluetooth performance and it's great.

On another note, the only way I know to get a reboot so far is to run navigation with the newest Maps. (6.7.0) and drive around for a bit.

I get reboots using former and new mirage kernel + bobZhomes kernel, it could easily be the app. (I thought for a bit it may be the phone was overheating, but I've kept a closer eye on the temp using some battery app temp meter and it reboots even when cooler.)

I might do a clean wipe, and install Maps only to see if it persists. But I'm fairly confident I'll experience again since it's become my final test for stability due to this.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Late to the party, but I've been running the new kernel now for about an hour testing Bluetooth performance and it's great.

On another note, the only way I know to get a reboot so far is to run navigation with the newest Maps. (6.7.0) and drive around for a bit.

I get reboots using former and new mirage kernel + bobZhomes kernel, it could easily be the app. (I thought for a bit it may be the phone was overheating, but I've kept a closer eye on the temp using some battery app temp meter and it reboots even when cooler.)

I might do a clean wipe, and install Maps only to see if it persists. But I'm fairly confident I'll experience again since it's become my final test for stability due to this.

Thanks for the feedback and testing the kernel. Yours is consistent with the others.

The GPS problem is hardware related. I have three phones and two of them are doing the same thing. Clean wipe or anything else software related did not help mine even a bit. My conclusion is that the GPS of these phones are prone to fail in time.

Reactions: Schlidel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie