[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback and testing the kernel. Yours is consistent with the others.

The GPS problem is hardware related. I have three phones and two of them are doing the same thing. Clean wipe or anything else software related did not help mine even a bit. My conclusion is that the GPS of these phones are prone to fail in time.

I suppose I got lucky, I don't use my GPS very often but when I do it connects quick, and is always extremely accurate

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I suppose I got lucky, I don't use my GPS very often but when I do it connects quick, and is always extremely accurate

Mine's quick and accurate, it just causes reboots.

I might try some other GPS apps other than the Google variety.

Which app do you use for navigation?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine's quick and accurate, it just causes reboots.

I might try some other GPS apps other than the Google variety.

Which app do you use for navigation?

I use it so rarely,I just download google maps when need to and uninstall it when I'm done. I've never had a reboot using it, the only issue I've ever seen is starting around 130 mph the GPS gets a little less accurate

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I need testers for my kernel changes. I have backported the android drivers from 2.6.38.8 and all of the fixes for bluetooth stack and drivers from the 2.6.32.59 kernel. It seems to be working fine based on my preliminary testing. Can you please test and let me know if you find any problems/change with overall performance and bluetooth use? You can find all changes here.

Thanks in advance if anybody wants to help.

VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_05202012.zip

Just downloaded and installed your new kernel. I ran it through it's paces and can't find any issues. Tested camcorder, camera, file download and upload, texting, mms, browsing and ran Quadrant Standard @ 825. No reboots, hesitation or lag. Scrolling is smooth, as are home screen and app drawer transitions. Both wifi and 3g are working fine, no lag on connecting to either one. I can't test the bluetooth, as I don't use one. Looks like you got another winner.

Reactions: mrg666

b.roid

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
just upgraded to bobzhome latest and my google account got lost? the only option i have to add a account is twitter and corporate? how to i add my google account back on?

i upgraded from previous bobzhome build using the instructions posted on the iho site.

everything else works

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
just upgraded to bobzhome latest and my google account got lost? the only option i have to add a account is twitter and corporate? how to i add my google account back on?

i upgraded from previous bobzhome build using the instructions posted on the iho site.

everything else works

Just flash gapps again, and it should be back

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: b.roid

b.roid

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
no i didnt. i thought you didnt have to if your upgrading from same rom? i guess that might be the problem then.

Flash Google apps (from the OFFICIAL CM WIKI or UNOFFICIAL updated/additional ones HERE) (Only if coming from another ROM or 1st time installing)

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a link to Jerry's Backside wiper? It's the script that wipes everything twice in recovery, so that you know you didn't leave stuff behind.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed Bluetooth in call volume is ignored for phone audio. I adjust it up and down and the volume remains constant coming out of my car's speakers.

Not that big of deal for me at the moment since it's at a decent volume.

Edit: And Bluetooth a2dp audio keeps disconnecting from my head unit. Happened multiple times already today/just now. I was going to see if music volume is ignored but it just disconnected. :rolleyes:

Edit: Media volume does control music volume through BT. BT in call audio control is still ignored.

Edit: A2dp disconnected again. I don't think its ever been this unreliable. Maybe latest kernel update, I'll revert back sometime today, don't know why I didn't notice it yesterday.

Last edited:

ulmeck

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The GPS problem is hardware related. I have three phones and two of them are doing the same thing. Clean wipe or anything else software related did not help mine even a bit. My conclusion is that the GPS of these phones are prone to fail in time.

This may be stupid, BUT, since I started enabling bluetooth with the GPS, I haven't had a reboot. I'm pretty sure it falls into the 'correlation != causation' category, but it has been at least a week since I'd had a GPS related reboot.

Of course, now I've jinxed it... :)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed Bluetooth in call volume is ignored for phone audio. I adjust it up and down and the volume remains constant coming out of my car's speakers.

Not that big of deal for me at the moment since it's at a decent volume.

Edit: And Bluetooth a2dp audio keeps disconnecting from my head unit. Happened multiple times already today/just now. I was going to see if music volume is ignored but it just disconnected. :rolleyes:

Edit: Media volume does control music volume through BT. BT in call audio control is still ignored.

Are you testing yesterday's kernel? Don't you see these with the default kernel? Can you specify?

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm on latest kernel(yesterdays), I'm going to revert and test. But, a2dp seemed pretty reliable in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34