[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

faheyd

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
OK, removed the swap partition, deleted and repartitioned again to ext3, factory reset and reinstalled.
Still no joy on anything using the sd-ext folder which is supposed to be on the ext3 partition.

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Bobz, are you aware of any lag/delay that occurs on your current build when the phone detects internal storage space? It seems that the installing apps causes the low warning to stay even after space is cleared until the phone is restarted.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@mrg666: Installed MiRaGe 05/27 last night and everything has been smooth so far. No extensive testing yet.

One comment: subjectively this one feels a tad snappier than 05/22. Did you do anything that could explain that? Otherwise it's probably just me or my phone. And I'm not complaining in any case ;)

Thank you - all - as always.

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I didn't do anything specifically for performance in this build. I think it feels snappier since you just flashed it after wiping cache/dalvik-cache. Actually, I am glad the Cyanbread_light theme didn't make it more sluggish assuming you are using it.Thanks for the feedback :)

Are there any brave users that can help with testing a new kernel? I have backported all of the mmc, fat, ext2, ext3, ext4, and yaffs2 updates from 2.6.32.59 kernel to the IHO kernel. You can see the changes here and download here. I would appreciate any feedback with the file system performance and reliability. I have tested on my phone briefly and it seems to be safe. I added these updates since my second partition got corrupted the second time and while I was getting the ext4 updates I included the others as well. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am on the Cyanbread_light theme (default). If you didn't add any new performance sauce, I'm sure it's just me imagining it. I clear my caches often - and deliberately repopulate them on first boot by giving most apps a whirl, before I turn on OC. In my experience the phone is actually a bit slower until everything is cached again.

Sure, I'll give that kernel a try. But since it has file system changes, I'll need to get to my PC first for a full sdcard backup. It may not be till later this week.

Thanks again :)

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I didn't do anything specifically for performance in this build. I think it feels snappier since you just flashed it after wiping cache/dalvik-cache. Actually, I am glad the Cyanbread_light theme didn't make it more sluggish assuming you are using it.Thanks for the feedback :)

Are there any brave users that can help with testing a new kernel? I have backported all of the mmc, fat, ext2, ext3, ext4, and yaffs2 updates from 2.6.32.59 kernel to the IHO kernel. You can see the changes here and download here. I would appreciate any feedback with the file system performance and reliability. I have tested on my phone briefly and it seems to be safe. I added these updates since my second partition got corrupted the second time and while I was getting the ext4 updates I included the others as well. Thanks in advance.

I look forward to this when testing ends and it's added to your ROM. I would join in testing but I can't "flash on the fly" or go back to a backup with out screencasting. So I'll wait patiently.

lattimorej1986

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded and flashed, everything seems good as of right now. Dont have to work today, so I will gladly test and report back with my results. Thanks mrg666 for all your hard work. Its very appreciated.

Sent from my MiRaGe'D Optimus V

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Downloaded and installed your new kernel yesterday. I ran a few tests with calls, texts, wifi, 3g, and a couple benchmarks. I also checked overclock performance all the way to 806(normally run at 787). Played a few graphics intensive games and some web surfing. I can't find any problems here, everything seems to be rock solid.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm on BACKside 0502 CM7.2 with ICS 4.0 theme. Brilliant. The only issue is in the notifications dropdown area, the notification box is black and the text of the notification is black as well, so I can't read the notification I get and all I see is a black box. This happens on all the ICS themes I've tried from online downloads and from the Market. Trying to figure out how to fix this, and any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks again.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
@mrg

Switched over to your newest build and installed the new kernel last night and phone has been running great. Smooth and responsive with not a bit of lag. No problems found as of yet!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Mrg666, it didn't work. It never happened before starting to use Link2SD. Possibly related to that? Other than that its solid and smooth.

Frankensteined Optimus V Running IHO Mirage. If I break & fix it again, I am renaming it to Mumm-Ra The Ever Living!

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm on BACKside 0502 CM7.2 with ICS 4.0 theme. Brilliant. The only issue is in the notifications dropdown area, the notification box is black and the text of the notification is black as well, so I can't read the notification I get and all I see is a black box. This happens on all the ICS themes I've tried from online downloads and from the Market. Trying to figure out how to fix this, and any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks again.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

I believe you have to go into to setting a change that yourself. Personally I was annoyed by that and many other tweaks in backside and went back to Mirage by Mrg666.

Frankensteined Optimus V Running IHO Mirage. If I break & fix it again, I am renaming it to Mumm-Ra The Ever Living!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Mrg666, it didn't work. It never happened before starting to use Link2SD. Possibly related to that? Other than that its solid and smooth.

That was the only fix I could try :eek: What can I say, enjoy your awesome battery life :p

Let me see if there is something wrong on the Android side. BTW, can you check your uptime in the status screen and post here?

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I believe you have to go into to setting a change that yourself. Personally I was annoyed by that and many other tweaks in backside and went back to Mirage by Mrg666.

:O What settings would that be?!

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
@Mrg

Little bit of an issue and not sure if it rom/kernel or something with my phone. I was trying to download a large file earlier from my phone via wifi... 101mb

My phone didn't like that at all and got very sluggish and unresponsive. Even had to pull battery once as screen timed out and wouldn't wake up. Tried dolphin and opera and had issue with both although opera didn't seem as bad.

Been fine since I quit trying to get file. Anyone else wanna check it out. Newest build and kernel with link2sd and ext4 partition. No OC

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy