[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been having some random rebooting issues. Should I reflash, or is there a fix of some sort?

not sure if this is iho backside related or not but for the past two days I've had reboots when trying to use the phone dialer. either itll start the call and never dial,start the call and take up to a minute to start dialing or crash and reboot altogether. don't have anything installed that i can think of that would interfere with dialing. only a file explorer and the forums app. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have developed a Blue version of CWM-Green Recovery that wipes the sd-ext partition when the full wipe is selected in Backside Updater. The reason for the sd-ext partition wipe is because some rom's like OM need the sd-ext wiped in order to either boot or not have system inconsistency errors.

Once I get permission to share it I well do so.

Last edited:

greg_t

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the issue we are trying to resolved is headset's without microphones. They do not allow the phone's mic to be used unless you press speaker phone, in which case the headset no longer works. So people cannot use various hand's free devices that do not have a built in mic, like car casette adaptors etc.

JerryScript: any updates on mic detection on wired headset? Otherwise, any other Froyo ROMs that have that implemented?

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I have developed a Blue version of CWM-Green Recovery that wipes the sd-ext partition when the file wipe is selected in Backside Updater. The reason for the sd-ext partition wipe is because some rom's like OM need the sd-ext wiped in order to either boot or not have system inconsistency errors.

Once I get permission to share it I well do so.

Can't wait!!!

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
if anyone ia having dialer problems when making a call that results in the call never connecting,taking to long to connect,or causing a reboot after dialing -- its not you're rom,its virgin mobile. they have an automated message about the calling issues up on the cs line. call outs can get terminated either during call or even trying to call out,phone apk doesnt like being force terminated atleast on backside and it will reboot your phone (atleast it crashed mine twice). not sure if the termination is from maintenance or repairs. vm isn't specific.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
if anyone ia having dialer problems when making a call that results in the call never connecting,taking to long to connect,or causing a reboot after dialing -- its not you're rom,its virgin mobile. they have an automated message about the calling issues up on the cs line. call outs can get terminated either during call or even trying to call out,phone apk doesnt like being force terminated atleast on backside and it will reboot your phone (atleast it crashed mine twice). not sure if the termination is from maintenance or repairs. vm isn't specific.

Thank you for that update, curtis. I've been having some issues calling out lately, not getting a connection. But no reboots or such. I gathered it had to be VMU: it mostly happens late afternoon when the network is busy and VMU plebs like us get kicked down the priority ladder. But since I'm also testing mrg's latest kernel I was starting to wonder... Good to know it's not the ROM or kernel -- although I have more confidence in mrg fixing issues that VMU :D

Thanks again!

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't have 3G here (and it would have been far more than a 2 hour drive, each direction, to get into one), so I just bought one on eBay for about $400 (including overnight shipping). T-Mobile told me I could stop by and "look" at their display models and ask as many questions as I wanted. No thanks.

Has anyone else picked up a G1? If so, where and how much? Are you using it yet? I can't wait for mine to arrive :)

no problem. i thought i had flashed a bad download of backside. but after a second download and md5 check it still happened so i called vm and the message about calls was immediately after mr. alex's standard English/Spanish thingamabob of greeting. then i knew.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
no problem. i thought i had flashed a bad download of backside. but after a second download and md5 check it still happened so i called vm and the message about calls was immediately after mr. alex's standard English/Spanish thingamabob of greeting. then i knew.

Your quoted message is very confusing. I laughed once I realized the AC app ninja inserted a random quote from a thread back in 2008.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have merged many more security updates and bug fixes from 2.6.32.59 kernel to IHO kernel.
The updates are too many post but you can see all of them here.

I have fixed some minor problems in my preliminary testing. I need brave testers before I add more updates on top of these.

The flashable zip of the updated kernel is available here

Thanks in advance.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, your post makes perfect sense, Curtis, as long as the reader disregards that quote.

Tapatalk pulled a similar one on me the other day when I copied and pasted a link to another thread. Fortunately I tested the link - and was taken to a thread I've never seen before. I had to go to my PC to get it right.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I have merged many more security updates and bug fixes from 2.6.32.59 kernel to IHO kernel.
The updates are too many post but you can see all of them here.

I have fixed some minor problems in my preliminary testing. I need brave testers before I add more updates on top of these.

The flashable zip of the updated kernel is available here

Thanks in advance.

im on it. installing. will post some results in a bit :thumbup:

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Your quoted message is very confusing. I laughed once I realized the AC app ninja inserted a random quote from a thread back in 2008.

wow i just noticed that lol. strange...this app thinks like alex from virgin mobile does during a voice top up....iM sOrrY o_O ...i didn't understand the last six times you told me that top up number o_O lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech