[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay, now I think the battery is wonky. It wouldn't take a charge for a bit, and when it did, as soon as I started using it it dropped from 100% to 87% in a few seconds. Then it dropped, I charged it back up to 96%, and the normal battery drain is taking place again.
Sigh. I think I'll just buy 2 Anker Batteries off Amazon.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
@encerspay45
How long have you had your battery? Something like Battery Solo Widget will report your battery's health. I wish we could get a current capacity rating like on a laptop.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had it since I bought the phone, back in October 2011. And the Battery Solo Widget says the following:
Level- 81%
Temperature- 19.0 C
Voltage- 3397 mV
Plugged- False
Status- Discharging
Technology- Li-ion
Health- Good

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had it since I bought the phone, back in October 2011. And the Battery Solo Widget says the following:
Level- 81%
Temperature- 19.0 C
Voltage- 3397 mV
Plugged- False
Status- Discharging
Technology- Li-ion
Health- Good

I wouldn't fully trust what the widget reports as health. So it's entirely possible your battery is in the decline. Depends on how many discharge cycles it's gone through in its life. Maybe good for around 500-1000 cycles. You'll need to buy a new battery eventually anyway so might as well get one of those 1600Mah Ankers now and see.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't fully trust what the widget reports as health. So it's entirely possible your battery is in the decline. Depends on how many discharge cycles it's gone through in its life. Maybe good for around 500-1000 cycles. You'll need to buy a new battery eventually anyway so might as well get one of those 1600Mah Ankers.

That's probably what I'll do. Really good deal here for $20!
Two batteries, and a charger! :D
Amazon.com: Anker? 2 x 1600mAh Li-ion Batteries for LG Optimus T / Optimus U / Optimus V / Optimus C / Optimus M / Sprint Optimus S / Optimus One P500; LG Phoenix / LG Thrive / Gx300 / Gx500 / Ls670 + Free Anker Multi-purpose USB Travel Charger: Lapt

prime0025

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Need to ask in this forum for answers.

I am going to be in puerto rico for two weeks. Virgin Mobiles site says they have coverage in PR. I currently have a Sprint PRL on my phone. Do you know if I would have to have the Virgin Mobile PRL for my phone to work in PR?

Does anyone know a definite answer?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Need to ask in this forum for answers.

I am going to be in puerto rico for two weeks. Virgin Mobiles site says they have coverage in PR. I currently have a Sprint PRL on my phone. Do you know if I would have to have the Virgin Mobile PRL for my phone to work in PR?

Does anyone know a definite answer?

Like Leslie said, quit spamming

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If anyone gets a chance and can test this it would be interesting to me to see what you find.

I'm currently running mrg666 6/02 build, rom + kernel.

Open My Paper Airplane 2, start a round and get a feel for the accelerometer's performance.

Open Google Sky Map and wave your phone around the sky for a minute.

Go back to My Paper Airplane 2 and see if your accelerometer's performance has degraded. If not repeat the Sky Map cycle a couple times.

For me both Google Sky and Paper Airplane become greatly lagged accelerometer-wise. Requires a reboot to get going again smooth. Google Sky never seems to achieve its optimal performance level vs other rom+kernel combos(backside, in particular).

If anyone else can replicate the laggedness it might inspire some tweakage. Thanks.

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Had a question. Am on Jerry's latest ROM but am thinking of test driving one of the others. Had a couple of questions:

- Is the process to update the same as that described on page 1 of this thread under "---Installing from another ROM"?

- There is a step that says "11) Restore apps, but DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM APPS!!!". Am taking this to mean restore anything I had downloaded earlier?

- Any preference on the user friendliness of TitaniumBackup versus MyBackup?

Thanks in advance!

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You can backup your apps using back up pro and do a fresh install. - you cab use a sms mms back up from the store . just in case ?

By this it means for you not to restore wifi settings or system settings .. apps that come with the rom usually is not a good idea to restore because it breaks things. just keep it minimal.. back up store apps.. themes, games.. etc etc.

i was a TB fan but MBPs U.I interface makes it easier and faster to use for me.

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
You can backup your apps using back up pro and do a fresh install. - you cab use a sms mms back up from the store . just in case ?

By this it means for you not to restore wifi settings or system settings .. apps that come with the rom usually is not a good idea to restore because it breaks things. just keep it minimal.. back up store apps.. themes, games.. etc etc.

i was a TB fan but MBPs U.I interface makes it easier and faster to use for me.

Thanks for the quick reply! Anny additional tips or observations would be greatly appreciated:)

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so, sometimes, my battery skips percentages when discharging.
For example, straight from 65% to 63%. And 63% to 61%. Only seems to happen on 3G. Is this normal?

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I just wiped everything, plus ran LeslieAnn's wipe zip twice, flashed rom, installed Sky Maps and Paper Airplane straight from market.

Accelerometer still lags after running Sky Maps.

Not the biggest of deals since accelerometer still functions just laggy.

Edit: Ill just use SkEye for now, it doesn't screw with the accelerometer.

Edit: Spoke too soon. It messes with it too.

Last edited:

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
@Schlidel & mrg666:

I just sat in my car for about 30 mins to test A2DP audio, using Pandora. Tried turning the screen on/off switch away from Pandora (leaving it in background), pausing, skipping tracks etc. After about 15 mins of letting it run (listening to Shostakovich's 12th) I was ready to declare it stable.

Then, just as I was about to wrap it up, it suddenly DID disconnect from A2DP and swicthed to the phone speaker. The car still displayed the A2DP icon -- but apparently wasn't receiving any audio. I was unable to make it connect again other than by toggling BT, forcing the car to search again. Once it picked up I let in run for another 10 mins and had no problems.

(One other thing I found was, there is absolutely no way the screen will ever turn itself off as long as Pandora is running, regardless of whether Pandora is in foreground or background. And yes, I did try both Pandora's Conserve Battery settings. It's probably to help their advertisers, to which I am somewhat receptive given it's free.)

Maybe this is completely unrelated to the kernel and even dates back before the BT fixes mrg did. And maybe the reason Schlidel is seeing it more is because he listens for hours while I (at least) only test it for 30 mins. I still haven't tried to go back to earlier ROMs/kernels and see if it's any different. I'll see if I can find time for that this weekend.

In short: I too was able to reproduce the A2DP disconnect -- I know I am verbose ;)

OK...I feel a little better. Ive been running this rom for the last few weeks. Today was the first day I got to try a2dp and every 20-30 minutes it did the same thing..it would disconnect but still show as connected?

Mine is not in a car, its a jawbone bt...which like was said, I ran it fine on bobzhome...I just like your version a little better.

I thought it was just me or something I had done to corrupt my installation, so I looked and you had updated it. I was running the previous version from 5/25 i think...re-downloaded it and flashed/wiped everything and tried it again. Same issue?

Im now running the CM7.2-RC3 from 6/2 as well...but for some reason mine didnt fix mine?

Secondly I found something else...I was on a call and got a second call come in. It allowed me to swap to the new call, but wouldnt swap back after I was done?

If it makes any difference, Im also running the holo launcher...(which is pretty cool, no offense)

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@cbucz: Mrg666 is the one making those fabulous MiRaGe ROMs and the updated kernels. I've just been testing - and have been a devoted user for a long time.

After flashing his latest kernel (and later his 06/02 ROM) I haven't had any Bluetooth issues. Admittedly, I've only used it less than 30 mins in my car - but that was enough to disconnect on the last kernel.

As far as I am concerned, this one is another solid winner. But phones are different, and people use them in very different ways, so it is possible that you run into issues that I don't.

Mrg666 has been incredibly responsive when users post specific, reproducible issues. That's how those Bluetooth fixes came about in the first place.

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, Dannemand. I don't see any bluetooth or other problems to act on right now. I think I am done with the major part of updating the kernel. I have also added the tinyRCU. You can find the changes and download the flashable zip file at my github repo. Download link is here.

@Schlidel: the accelerator problem is an old problem from the original kernel and it is not a priority for me right now.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Please don't get me wrong, this is a great rom. For my usage, its been very fast.
And, everyone uses their phone differently. Myself, I use my bt headset a lot. If I can't use it, then it's of no use to me. I absolutely love both versions of ICS, but without full bt access its useless to me.
tomorrow I'm planning on trying another run at a flash and wipe. I'll report back if I can figure anything out.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Secondly I found something else...I was on a call and got a second call come in. It allowed me to swap to the new call, but wouldnt swap back after I was done?

I just tested this in my car by calling voicemail and having someone else call me. After I hung up I was brought back to my dialer. Then my phone rang, I answered and was back on voicemail.

Don't know if that's normal, but it works.

Edit: And I still haven't gotten any unexplained a2dp disconnects.

@mrg666 That's alright about the accelerometer, works well enough for most usage. Thanks. You've made my phone great.

Reactions: mrg666

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, Dannemand. I don't see any bluetooth or other problems to act on right now. I think I am done with the major part of updating the kernel. I have also added the tinyRCU. You can find the changes and download the flashable zip file at my github repo. Download link is here.

Great, thanks, I'll try it. Ahem... would you have an MD5 for it? Whenever I download and flash a kernel without MD5 I tend to get a little nervous. Particularly anything dealing with file system, schedulers, memory management and other core functions :eek: