[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

driya2010

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I got it working. I do not know what I was doing. I flashed BobZHome's kernel and tried to get a lock. The GPS worked. and then flashed the Mirage ROM back. It s still working. However, it seems to be taking awful lot of time than before. Or maybe I am just imagining.

Updated: It tried out in the open sky today and it works as expected and got a lock in less than 10 seconds. I earlier was trying inside my home and that is where it is not working. I thought it worked even inside home earlier. That is where my mistake is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannemand

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
It will get a GPS lock faster if you also have Use Wireless Networks enabled under location settings.

Mine took only a few secs today when I tested (before responding to you) - and that was even with Use Wireless Networks disabled AND being indoors, by a window to our patio. Other times (like when driving) it can take quite a bit longer to get a lock.

If it takes VERY long (say 2-3 mins or more) I agree something must be wrong.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

I'm needing to see if the Prep sd-ext for Update works with all auto mount sd-ext or not. Condition to test under are.
1 - Update rom = no reformating of the sd-ext or data partition.
2 - Format the boot and system only, the cache should be formatted under the Prep sd-ext for Update.
3 - install rom and reboot.

Advance > Prep sd-ext for Update.

Okay thanks, all though this may not work for S2E, and Link2sd as it has to remover /data/data folder.
How to test
  1. [*]In adb or terminal run "flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWM-Blue-Recovery-1339086922.img" after downloading and placing in the root of your sdcard. [*]Boot into recovery. [*]Go under advance menu and select "Prep sd-ext for Update." [*]Reboot system (the reboot well take some times are the dalvik-cache ans cache was also wiped.

Report back if you still have access to your apps. Do a nadroid back first, and you may want to backup you download apps data as well.

CWM-Blue

Ok, just so Im clear ...is this all you wanted me to try?

Or did you also want me to do as above an do /boot & /system and re-flash my rom?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just so Im clear ...is this all you wanted me to try?

Or did you also want me to do as above an do /boot & /system and re-flash my rom?

There is no need to have reflash the rom, just running the "prep sd-ext of update" should be ehough. If it boots then great it will work other roms as will. If it boots but you lose access to the apps on you sd-ext, then I'll know what well not work well with it.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
There is no need to have reflash the rom, just running the "prep sd-ext of update" should be ehough. If it boots then great it will work other roms as will. If it boots but you lose access to the apps on you sd-ext, then I'll know what well not work well with it.

Ok well booted to the rom fine. But like you thought, I lost all my apps. Everything else seemed to work fine though. I was able to open any of the standard apps that mirage had included.
all user installed ones were gone. Hope this helps development. Good luck!
on a side note ...did you remap the keys? The volume keys moved up an down like normal, but I had to use the home button to make selections. I thought I was doing something wrong at first since it was way early to be thinking clearly.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok well booted to the rom fine. But like you thought, I lost all my apps. Everything else seemed to work fine though. I was able to open any of the standard apps that mirage had included.
all user installed ones were gone. Hope this helps development. Good luck!
on a side note ...did you remap the keys? The volume keys moved up an down like normal, but I had to use the home button to make selections. I thought I was doing something wrong at first since it was way early to be thinking clearly.

Thanks for testing for me, and sorry forgot that yeah I did remap the keys. The problem with S2E and Link2SD is that the script is in the data partition for linking the sd-ext, and not clearing out some of the folders creates problems with updating roms and that creates problems.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So did anybody say anything on what happened to Jerry?

Word on the street is that he bought an optimus elite and he won't continue development until he BOTH gets rooting issues with the elite fixed AND fixes the driveby download problem with the android operating system. Mind you this is what we've been speculating, but we are pretty sure of it. He's not gone.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Could Jerry be next :( after thekraven :( a very sad day for Android............

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I think he already has not sure don't quote me . And yes this is a truly wack day for the OV family they will be missed and good luck in the rest of your endeavours stay up. :cool:

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
So is he still deving for the v?

It's been 3 days since his last post. In it he spoke of integrating his recent kernel work into Mirage. He's probably having some Offline time with a cold one. Or working.

Time will tell us who among the developers are gone, and who among us will step up to take their place.

But for now I do hope mrg666 is still with use too.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
It's been 3 days since his last post. In it he spoke of integrating his recent kernel work into Mirage. He's probably having some Offline time with a cold one. Or working.

Time will tell us who among the developers are gone, and who among us will step up to take their place.

But for now I do hope mrg666 is still with use too.

I am still building MiRaGe. Next build will be probably tomorrow.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Could Jerry be next :( after thekraven :( a very sad day for Android............

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

What do you mean Jerry could be next? He got the elite, he's as good as gone. He was a great Dev and he will be missed, but people move on to new phones. I don't think thekraven has left

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
my two cents: jerry,mirage,leslie,tdm and bobz are to important to lose. without any one,this community would really be incomplete. i would hate to see any of them leave. (i edited this to include tdm because his work with ics for the optimus v is really something to behold,and will be a must have in time)

Last edited:

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen Jerry post anywhere he got the Elite. Until he says otherwise I would say he's still dev'ing for the Ov and is working on the download issues.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude