[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

orlin2

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've just flashed BACKside back on my phone and I'm having a minor issue. Nothing detrimental or anything, but I can't seem to change the boot animation. Once I've changed the settings, it appears to have gone through, but rebooting the phone shows the "Before FLashing, Always Backup" boot animation. Is this a known issue? I haven't seen it on the other pages, but there are so many of them :/

danielstone

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've just updated with the method in the beginning of the thread and everything looks fantastic! Thank you!

However, I can't seem to be able to restart the phone without recovery wiping all data, cache and settings!! I can't event get into recovery mode at this point as every time I restart the device it just performs factory data clean and boots brand new copy of the rom??

Any suggestions?! Thanks a bunch!

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, Im kind of new to all of this, so excuse my lame questions. First, I was wondering what I should set my max and min at. My governor is OnDemand, and my current limits are 245 and 600. Also, I dont understand what all the governors are for. Which one is best? What are the benefits of some compared to others?

I have also been having a weird freezing issue. All of a sudden it will not lock when I press the lock button, but just turn the screen off. When I turn it back on it goes right back to the screen I was on before, and does not respond to any buttons except the lock/power button. I end up having to pull the battery. It happened three times yesterday just randomly. No connections to using a certain app or anything. Wondering if you guys have had a problem like this before?

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
this rom is solid!... so much so that i chose jerrys repo to build off of for my own personal enjoyment... as for the questions, since jerrys busy with new projects, i will chime in...

@orlin--- cyanogenmod settings>interface>choose a bootanimation (wait for the popup to confirm that it has been successful, sometimes it takes a while)...
or, use a root capeble file manager such as root browser or es file explorer, go to system>media, and delete the three that are there and paste the one youve chosen...
it must be mdpi (320x480)

@daniel--- sounds like a bad flash... use leslieanns easywipe.zip>flash BACKside>flash MRG666s latest kernel>flash gapps>flash theme (optional)>reboot...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/164127-easy-wipe-zips.html
https://github.com/mrg666/android_kernel_thunderc/downloads

@jake--- the link posted above by hindolam is definately good info... as youve probably learnred by now, (noticed youre the last post in leslies guide), not all v's are created equal, some can oc some cant... more than likely youll be most stable at 480min/600max/interactive... youll have to experiment yourself to see what yours can/cant handle... the screen freezes could be an oc issue or simply the ics screen animations (cyanogenmod settings>display>screen-on/screen-off)... you could also uncheck 180 degree rotation... :)

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site
this rom is solid!... so much so that i chose jerrys repo to build off of for my own personal enjoyment... as for the questions, since jerrys busy with new projects, i will chime in...

@orlin--- cyanogenmod settings>interface>choose a bootanimation (wait for the popup to confirm that it has been successful, sometimes it takes a while)...
or, use a root capeble file manager such as root browser or es file explorer, go to system>media, and delete the three that are there and paste the one youve chosen...
it must be mdpi (320x480)

@daniel--- sounds like a bad flash... use leslieanns easywipe.zip>flash BACKside>flash MRG666s latest kernel>flash gapps>flash theme (optional)>reboot...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/164127-easy-wipe-zips.html
https://github.com/mrg666/android_kernel_thunderc/downloads

@jake--- the link posted above by hindolam is definately good info... as youve probably learnred by now, (noticed youre the last post in leslies guide), not all v's are created equal, some can oc some cant... more than likely youll be most stable at 480min/600max/interactive... youll have to experiment yourself to see what yours can/cant handle... the screen freezes could be an oc issue or simply the ics screen animations (cyanogenmod settings>display>screen-on/screen-off)... you could also uncheck 180 degree rotation... :)

Thank You! And it hasnt happened so far yet today, and I did uncheck 180 degree rotation last night so maybe that will help

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just fyi if your getting freezes due to ics screen animation rotations you don't have to pull the battery. You need to swipe your finger across like you would if you were on your lock screen then turn the phone sideways. This works for me every time.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Just fyi if your getting freezes due to ics screen animation rotations you don't have to pull the battery. You need to swipe your finger across like you would if you were on your lock screen then turn the phone sideways. This works for me every time.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I will try that

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
thought id post the IHO bootlogo i made if anybody wants to use it... i thought the old one was was a little bland... if you want to use it, you know what to do... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: vB396530

lilwoolf1984

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Cant say that rom manager is bad it helped me go from having my phone in fastboot to having a great rom. Needs a lit work but will fix it up now i know what im doin. Thanks for everybody here on these forums helped me a lot.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
don't know if someone had this issue but I've done everything that was stated but somehow the boot.img file is not in the sdcard folder (the META-INF and system files are there though).
I did backup and restore as stated...
***noob issue*** i don't really KNOW where the backup is to get the device back on to at the precious boot.img file. i checked in the clockworkmod and it stated NO FILES FOUND. (I know, I actually said, "That sucks.") if that's where it's supposed to be.
For now just leaving the phone connected to the charger so it doesn't die until one of you beautiful people can help me.
BTW: Everything else when fine (and NO i didn't unzip the file prior to moving it to the sdcard.)

I am doing my first conversion from stock VM

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
boot.img is contained in the rom zip itself... perhaps you accidentally deleted it while editing (if you did any editing)... if it wasnt there to begin with then id redownload a copy of whatever rom youre tring to use and check to make sure its there before moving the rom zip to sd...
nandroid backups are contained in clowkworkmod>backups (if you made one)... always backup before flashing... <-- invaluable!...

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
here's some things i was considering while waiting for a reply...
1. turning the phone off and removing the sd card to place the .img file on. reinsert the sd card and boot again.
2. leaving the phone on, removing the sd card and doing #1 and placing it back in like... SHAZAM!

really nervous... don't want a brick.
btw: flashing to BACKside IHO VM670-05022012/"Green Machine Theme." Prior running stock 2.2 with the zv5 and i guess the new screen that is shared with the optimus s.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles