Any way to disable the leds?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
disabling the LEDs in the buttons wont save your battery. the power they use is just a tiny fraction of what the screen and cpu use at any given moment.

however, they do get annoying in the dark, ill be watching this thread to find a way to disable them completely just becuase I dont like them haha

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
disabling the LEDs in the buttons wont save your battery. the power they use is just a tiny fraction of what the screen and cpu use at any given moment.

however, they do get annoying in the dark, ill be watching this thread to find a way to disable them completely just becuase I dont like them haha

Follow the link eollie posted, it shows you how to disable them through scripting. I believe you have to run the script each boot up, but there are simple ways to automate it.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

IIRC mmarz posted a script in that thread that disables them.
I know it was him that posted the script although it might be a different thread.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Well theres this app on the market called adjbrightness that lets you disable the leds but you have to do it manually at boot. Maybe someone can check it out and see how it works?

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using mmarz method he posted in that thread for 2 months now. Yes I do it on every boot but it only takes 5 secs and worth getting rid of the annoying lights

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk