unroot optimus v help

oldpot

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
i rooted my phone with the superoneclick software a few months back i have not used any roms or nothing on the phone i just used Titanium Backup to freeze some bloatstuff, now how can i unroot the phone i formatted my pc a few weeks back and knocked all the software, i used to root the phone will i need to put all the software drivers etc back on to unroot will superclick unroot it ,or can i use the new gingerbreak software to unroot it i heard if you uninstall the buzybox and super uses it will be unrooted with out useing superoneclick.

ty

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
why do u need to unroot? its a one time thing and it doesnt affect anything.

it doesnt change the phone, doesnt break the phone. if you never install an app that requires root, you will never ever know its there.

leave it rooted if it aint hurting anything.

or search how to unroot ive seen a few how to threads about it

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i rooted my phone with the superoneclick software a few months back i have not used any roms or nothing on the phone i just used Titanium Backup to freeze some bloatstuff, now how can i unroot the phone i formatted my pc a few weeks back and knocked all the software, i used to root the phone will i need to put all the software drivers etc back on to unroot will superclick unroot it ,or can i use the new gingerbreak software to unroot it i heard if you uninstall the buzybox and super uses it will be unrooted with out useing superoneclick.

ty
Your good to go if your still sitting on the same stock ROM aka the one that came with it your pretty much factory any way. I this case I would say you MIGHT be even safe doing a factory reset through the privacy menu. But that is only if you are still Stock.

oldpot

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
i want to unroot as i giving the phone to the wife and need to put factory setting back on yes i got stock rom that came with the phone ,not even delated any bloatware just froze then , so i can uninstall the superuser and buzybox then do a factory setting or could i use the gingerbreak software to unroot it as i hear that easy that with superoneclick .

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i want to unroot as i giving the phone to the wife and need to put factory setting back on yes i got stock rom that came with the phone ,not even delated any bloatware just froze then , so i can uninstall the superuser and buzybox then do a factory setting or could i use the gingerbreak software to unroot it as i hear that easy that with superoneclick .

If your just giving it to your wife I wouldnt worry about unrooting just flash a backup from when you rooted. You did do a backup right?

If not use the files in this thread to slap a mostly stock rom on and you will be good to go. Honestly if your giving it to your wife, wouldnt you want it to work decent so shes not bugging you to fix her phone everyday?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/58106-how-return-your-phone-stock-mostly.html

oldpot

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
well i took the plunge and put gingerbreak on my phone and tried to unroot with it and it worked then i factory set the phone