12-11-2013 12:28 AM
253 ... 56789 ...
tools
    When it says first boot "takes longer than usual" what does that mean? It's been about 20 minutes with android sitting on my screen with nothing happening. When I first rebooted it did have the OHV logo so something happened with my flash. This is my first time trying something like this. TIA - sheureka

I got it - finally managed to get back into recovery mode and just did everything all over again. I don't know what I missed the first time, but it all seems okay now. Thanks everybody!
    01-04-2012 12:44 PM
    wanted to thank you for the guide. I followed it to a T and am up and running.

Appreciate the effort.
    01-04-2012 07:21 PM
    When it says first boot "takes longer than usual" what does that mean? It's been about 20 minutes with android sitting on my screen with nothing happening. When I first rebooted it did have the OHV logo so something happened with my flash. This is my first time trying something like this. TIA - sheureka

I got it - finally managed to get back into recovery mode and just did everything all over again. I don't know what I missed the first time, but it all seems okay now. Thanks everybody!
    Mine I had to get rid of a couple access apps to clear memory space and on my third try the root worked after doing so. Worked in like 6 min.

Try clearing apps you can reinstall after. Then try and if it takes more than 10 15 minutes take battery out and try again

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    01-04-2012 09:01 PM
    HELP - i rooted - Did the recovery All seem good - when i boot into the Bios Menu and select any option like back up or restore .. It just shows a Hat with a yellow arrow does nothing .. hitting the home key takes me back to the menu that shows

CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5

- Reboot System now
    - apply update from sdcard
    - wipe data/factory reset
    - wipe cache partition
    - install zip from sdcard
    - backup and restore
    - mounts and storage
    -advanced
    - power off

all options when selected just display the Black top hat with yellow recycle arrow

what am i missing..?
    01-09-2012 08:48 PM
    couldnt even power off had to remove battery as the power key would cycle between menu and hat

I'd like to expedite this so that I can continue to remove the bloatware that comes installed and waste battery such as twidroyd where and other usless apps ill never use that reopen at random admist Advanced task killer =/

Bought the Root Explorer Program =/ just seen Android Mate was free :S
    01-09-2012 08:50 PM
    You need to select options using the vol up and vol down keys and select what you want using the camera button. That should solve your problem.
    MayerBrand likes this.
    01-09-2012 09:07 PM
    You need to select options using the vol up and vol down keys and select what you want using the camera button. That should solve your problem.
    WOOOOOOOW , I is special. All is well Rom is very interesting - had to go back into recovery and install the Gapps zip as well cause downloading apps would not work - market place wasnt present* > installed the usually google apps ,

Only one problem now > I hardly text and often speak and im trying to figure out what and where the preloaded speech to text software is > :P
    01-10-2012 09:22 AM
    Downloaded voice search and google voice < awesomeness> only one complaint how do i lock the little ab bar where my phone / menu / messages (originally browser) are so that I do not accidently move the icons off it when deleting in my bottom placed trash can.

Also , I am really not use to the side scroll menu when long pressing icons on my desktops > you know the one with the redundant delete option > edit > Choose catalog > App info > market I want it to go away

PS - battery life has quadrupled if not exceeded that > this ROM certainly fixed whatever was draining the battery - been on the VM670 for about 4 hours unplugged > lost about 2% of battery**
    01-10-2012 10:42 AM
    Downloaded voice search and google voice < awesomeness> only one complaint how do i lock the little ab bar where my phone / menu / messages (originally browser) are so that I do not accidently move the icons off it when deleting in my bottom placed trash can.

Also , I am really not use to the side scroll menu when long pressing icons on my desktops > you know the one with the redundant delete option > edit > Choose catalog > App info > market I want it to go away

PS - battery life has quadrupled if not exceeded that > this ROM certainly fixed whatever was draining the battery - been on the VM670 for about 4 hours unplugged > lost about 2% of battery**
    All your "problems" are due to the fact that you are using ADW launcher. if you dont like that stuff you can download another launcher
    01-10-2012 02:45 PM
    I have a problem;
    before I begin this what use to happen before I tried LG driver install. I would plug my phone into the PC and it would recognizee my phone as Drive G: I could accesss the drive and transfer music or what ever I wanted from Phone to PC. Very easy.
    I have not gone threw the process of rooting yet, I just installed the LG optimusV drivers from LG's website (link in sticky works but .exe does not) Now when I plug my phone into the PC it doesn't recognizese my phone it's like I'm plugging in nothing. All it does is charge with no notifications with USB debugging on and off.
    Something happened to the phone that I can't explain, I have 4 PC's in my home I've tried plugging it into all of them and it does an auto install of the USB drivers but says there is an error and the hardware will not work correctly, as stated above it use to just connect and I could access the phone and SD card.
    I tried removing the LG drivers Control panel /uninstall then ran Ccleaner registry cleaner to make sure they were wiped. I can't access just the SD card it says it's write protected even when I flip the little switch. I even tried factory reset ( had to write down all my contacts uuuhhhg) Still nothing. I also tried rebooting and taking the battery out. I'm A+ certified and have built all 4 machines and have gone threw all the settings on the phone everything seems correct
    Any thoughts or input would greatly be appreciated.

Win7 64 WinXP 32 and linux
    Badboytoast likes this.
    01-11-2012 06:40 PM
    Greenmachime I feel for you. That software is nothing but a pain the a**. I found out if your PC can already read your SD card DON"T install the software. It just screws everything up as you found out. My suggestion is to just make sure nothing remains of the crap software in your registry and try to get it the way you had it on the PC before installing it. It should not have effected your phone as least it didn't mine.
    01-12-2012 02:21 PM
    Greenmachime I feel for you. That software is nothing but a pain the a**. I found out if your PC can already read your SD card DON"T install the software. It just screws everything up as you found out. My suggestion is to just make sure nothing remains of the crap software in your registry and try to get it the way you had it on the PC before installing it. It should not have effected your phone as least it didn't mine.
    Stu Even after I uninstalled everything and ran a regisrty cleaner then manually checking the registry for all lg drivers. They were all gon no traces but my phone would still not connect tried 4 differant cables.
    I found the solution, (well it worked for me in Win7 and XP) The fix is...
    LGAndroidDriver_Ver_1.0_All.exe from here Official LG Phone Forum

Funny thing is the drivers are for alltel wireless and not virgin mobile. The drivers for virgin mobile customers don't work so please don't use them.
    Once I installed the 1.0 drivers I plugged my phone in expecting to see nothing again, but the usb mass storage android came up and I finally had a usb in the notifacations. Best advice is what stu said just don't install the drivers if your phone connects to the PC.

Shame on me I know better to research info before I dive rite in, Plus commen sense told me I don't need the drivers but I installed them anyway it's one of those slap on the forehead moments.

I hope this helps everyone else that is having the same issue, good luck
    Greenie
    P.S. excuse spelling in hurry
    ASHpeach likes this.
    01-12-2012 02:54 PM
    Silly question, and please accept my apologies if this has been answered, and I am sure it has.. If a new updated version comes out like the ones posted recently, do I have to redo the whole process of installing the updated files to the SD card then flash the rom/delete the cache from the recovery, or is there an option once in the rom to automatically update to the newest release?
    01-12-2012 06:34 PM
    Thanks for this guide, it worked perfect on my new Optimus V which I've had for around 3 months now. Got it running with BobZhome's latest ROM. I never thought I'd get gingerbread since VM is still stuck on Froyo.
    01-30-2012 10:24 AM
    dude...you are freakin awesome thamks!!
    02-02-2012 12:14 PM
    Thanks so much for a wonderful guide. Just one thing i missed on first try was that i thought installing the Gingerbreak.apk would automatically lead to a root & reboot. silly me only realized after a couple attempts that i actually had to run the app. i know, so stupid.. but if you could just add coupel of words to make it explicit that you need to run the Gingerbreak app, it may save someone else a couple minutes.
    02-03-2012 01:50 AM
    Update to my post, I am currently running the BobZphone 1-15-12 rom but I found a bug that's been causing me a bit of a problem, MMS seems to be broken and I can't send txt's with pictures. I have to read around a bit I guess and find out how to fix this.

Edit: I kinda worked around it by installing an SMS app named GO SMS Pro and now I can send and receive MMS texts again.
    02-04-2012 02:14 PM
    Silly question, and please accept my apologies if this has been answered, and I am sure it has.. If a new updated version comes out like the ones posted recently, do I have to redo the whole process of installing the updated files to the SD card then flash the rom/delete the cache from the recovery, or is there an option once in the rom to automatically update to the newest release?
    You would usually just download the new ROM and copy to SD card. Reboot into recovery mode, clear cache, advanced, clear dalvik cache, then, install new rom.

Before all that, you would back up your stuff via Titanium Backup. Just in case you have problems.
    02-06-2012 01:43 AM
    I downloaded the VM670_nh for the recovery flash....however,it was linked and put as a .txt file attribute. has anyone seen this? a link to the proper .img file is appteciated
    03-04-2012 03:42 PM
    In addition, what to exactly do using the flash GUI app as far as doing a wipe when flashing just a ROM or recovery,or both times...?
    03-04-2012 03:45 PM
    It's your PC operating system that's changing the .img to a .txt file, as others have posted previously in this thread. Flash GUI installs the custom recovery, then you boot into the custom recovery to wipe & flash new ROM and gapps.zip.
    03-05-2012 12:28 AM
    ]so i thought i did everything correctly.. i added the recovery image as told.. but after the reboot i got a blue screen and researched a bit and found that i have the wrong recovery image... i can access cwm recovery. but am def a beginner ... have i successfully toasted the phone ?

UPDATE.. (10 mins later) .. is the phone plugged in to pc entire time? when i enter the part where i flash the recovery image with GUI app.. then go to the next step .. does the recovery image stay there after hitting flash? when i go back it gives the example instead of the img i flashed. is that correct? Assuming it is when i reboot in CWM and follow instructions to erase clear ( after making a backup) it says i am good to go and to reboot to enjoy awesomeness ....then just a flashing LG logo ( on Harmonia 1.7 and blue screen on CM7 ... back up worked twice.. I have a 2.2.1 old screen and have verified that i am rooted...

GOT IT.. Not sure how.. but it worked.. thank you guys anyhow..
    03-11-2012 03:17 PM
    I used astro.
    03-13-2012 07:04 AM
    So just a little update on my end...still trying to re-root after un-rooting while in GB v 2.3.4.
    Unable to do this.
    After I get past this issue, I can then use the flash GUI to get the right recovery flashed...
    Thanx for ur help.
    Fyi terminal is useless @this point also
    03-18-2012 03:21 PM
    Again I'm usin OV New. Flashed the incorrect CM recovery for this phone. Trying to recover ever since. I have all the appropriate files on the SD but need to get rooted again....
    03-18-2012 03:25 PM
253 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD