12-11-2013 12:28 AM
253 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Again I'm usin OV New. Flashed the incorrect CM recovery for this phone. Trying to recover ever since. I have all the appropriate files on the SD but need to get rooted again....
    The recovery is there just black, you can use adb to flash a ROM and to wipe what ever you need wiped. CuriousNoob knows all about using adb that way.
    03-18-2012 03:47 PM
    Still unsure what the next step would be -- i mean, I thought to flash the correct recovery first before doing any sort of any type of rom.
    But the issue is getting rooted again.
    the terminal emulator is unuseful cuz no superuser permissions accepted
    03-18-2012 04:29 PM
    thanks a lot.

after a few hours of reading and a little bit of work, im running Harmonia 2. it just installed and i see no problems. (:
    03-24-2012 04:11 AM
    Well I formatted the SD and tried to root again...no success. Is it because I'm just not rooting from 2.2?? I have backups on the PC but now the USB connection fails and does not appear. Debugging is checked, what happened here!??
    I was going to attempt the ADB route but now can't copy the files
    03-24-2012 11:30 AM
    if you havent noticed... jcase has hooked us up with a way to root the update... its not posted here yet because jerry wants to double/triple check everything to be sure its safe... you can get it from the xda thread if you really want to... :-)
    03-24-2012 07:13 PM
    My comments are being addressed in another thread. Sorry for the double post.
    chadilac462 likes this.
    03-25-2012 10:54 AM
    Thank you very much for taking the time to post this very helpful information. I am new to the whole "rooting" and "hacking" thing and started with my new nook tablet last week and was very successful so i thought i'd give my old phone a try and found some trouble trying to write the codes myself. Being able to do the recovery from a flash.img was much easier. Thanks Again and I look forward to learning more and being able to contribute to the android central community.
    A-android-B likes this.
    04-17-2012 04:41 PM
    PLEASE HELP!! Ive spent the last 2 days scouting the right stuff to do as far as putting the c7 rom on my optimus v. Did everything right (so I thought) Now I cant seem to conect my account to a server (says:unable to open connection to server) then gives me an option to edit details wich does nothing. Does anybody have any suggestionS? I have my contacts,movies,music,everything EXCEPT google play or ANY apps. This is killin me because of how much time Ive invested to go about this the right way
    04-19-2012 12:22 AM
    PLEASE HELP!! Ive spent the last 2 days scouting the right stuff to do as far as putting the c7 rom on my optimus v. Did everything right (so I thought) Now I cant seem to conect my account to a server (says:unable to open connection to server) then gives me an option to edit details wich does nothing. Does anybody have any suggestionS? I have my contacts,movies,music,everything EXCEPT google play or ANY apps. This is killin me because of how much time Ive invested to go about this the right way
    You skipped a step.
    You didn't flash gapps.zip after the rom.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-19-2012 06:38 AM
    how long should it take to root your phone? cuz i was attemping to root mine as i was going to sleep (about 7 hrs time for rooting) and it failed.....and is there something you need to do before you install and start rooting with gingerbreak???
    04-19-2012 10:27 AM
    how long should it take to root your phone? cuz i was attemping to root mine as i was going to sleep (about 7 hrs time for rooting) and it failed.....and is there something you need to do before you install and start rooting with gingerbreak???
    Did you enable android debugging? It's under settings-applications-development and has to be enabled for gingerbreak to work

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-19-2012 12:23 PM
    sooo im really new to rooting and am average when it comes to computers and phones.

if we follow all these steps corrently it will work right?

and also if i just root my phone but wanna put a different operating system than the one provided can i still do that?

i know most of you probably are looking at this and thinking wow, hes stupid, but im just trying to make sure i get this right because if i brick my phone i wont have one for a couple of weeks.
    04-28-2012 11:12 PM
    sooo im really new to rooting and am average when it comes to computers and phones.

if we follow all these steps corrently it will work right?

and also if i just root my phone but wanna put a different operating system than the one provided can i still do that?

i know most of you probably are looking at this and thinking wow, hes stupid, but im just trying to make sure i get this right because if i brick my phone i wont have one for a couple of weeks.
    No one here is stupid. Your asking a question. Yes you will be able to. It is easier than it seems. Just follow the guide and you should not brick your phone.

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    05-01-2012 10:41 AM
    Forgive this total noob...once I install the Gingerbreak 1.2 on my SD card, and install file mananger...how do I run the app? Which file do I select to run?

05-01-2012 07:50 PM
    So I am using the recovery v 4.0.1.5 that was provided in this thread. I've had no problem until now, but I cannot back up the boot image. It says error while backing up boot image! Any ideas?
    05-14-2012 05:50 PM
    Not working for my phone. Says "Checking for superuser..." Then when i click Root it just runs, and runs, and runs, i even did the reboot option to see if it works and it still doesn't.
    05-16-2012 04:32 AM
    Not working for my phone. Says "Checking for superuser..." Then when i click Root it just runs, and runs, and runs, i even did the reboot option to see if it works and it still doesn't.
    I suggest looking more into the different threads in this forum .... the zv 4,5 is different then the z v 9 phones as far as rooting methods
    Freedomrock likes this.
    05-16-2012 04:52 PM
    why is the recovery img downloading as a text file?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-19-2012 06:51 PM
    i followed these directions exactly and CM7 is working but for some reason i cant flash google apps i tried flashing it right after cm7 and it says that installation is complete but when my phone turns on none of the apps are there. ive tried it multiple times and i know im using the right gapps file its just not showing up.
    05-20-2012 01:50 PM
    why is the recovery img downloading as a text file?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    It's your browser's setting that's thinking it's txt file, check settings or switch to a different browser or PC.

i followed these directions exactly and CM7 is working but for some reason i cant flash google apps i tried flashing it right after cm7 and it says that installation is complete but when my phone turns on none of the apps are there. ive tried it multiple times and i know im using the right gapps file its just not showing up.
    The gapps is to ENABLE google play market downloads, it has to be separate from CM ROMs because Google legally doesn't want third party ROMs to include them. You still have to go to the market to download whatever Google or other apps.
    curtis1973 likes this.
    05-20-2012 11:26 PM
    I am at the point where I enter the clockwork recovery screen and attempt to Backup the original rom. When I click any button on the clockwork recovery screen the only thing that happens is it loads a screen with a hat on it, but does not proceed from there. Did I do something wrong in the steps leading up to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    06-24-2012 12:30 AM
    nevermind figured out you have to press the camera not the home button
    06-24-2012 01:08 AM
    camera button to select...
    06-24-2012 01:09 AM
    i use ES file explorer and i love it
    07-20-2012 01:59 PM
    this is not simple to me help for the love of God im already rooted
    07-23-2012 12:24 AM
253 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD