[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

juniorboi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems syncing back with their google accounts after mod???
Just modded this BACKside rom from Harmonia, everything else went all good. However, my biggest problem is that I can't seem to sync the phone back to my google account which has all my apps and contacts. I synced with the email app just fine but every time I try to add my google account it says unable to open connection to server :mad:
Any advice please??

K

kobequintana

Has anyone had any problems syncing back with their google accounts after mod???
Just modded this BACKside rom from Harmonia, everything else went all good. However, my biggest problem is that I can't seem to sync the phone back to my google account which has all my apps and contacts. I synced with the email app just fine but every time I try to add my google account it says unable to open connection to server :mad:
Any advice please??

Did u flash gapps

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: juniorboi

juniorboi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
yes I flashed the gapps after the rom and started again from the beginning. It knows that it is a google account but when I try signing it just gives me a server error notice! If I go to accounts in my phone I see my google account but it says that sync is off and I have no idea how to turn sync on.

K

kobequintana

yes I flashed the gapps after the rom and started again from the beginning. It knows that it is a google account but when I try signing it just gives me a server error notice! If I go to accounts in my phone I see my google account but it says that sync is off and I have no idea how to turn sync on.

Is sync is off than go to settings than accounts and sync the first option should be sync turn it on

juniorboi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Is sync is off than go to settings than accounts and sync the first option should be sync turn it on

I know where you are talking about but I don't have the option to turn sync on..is there a chance that the problem is with google?because if I try to get into google play it just replies server error.

K

kobequintana

I know where you are talking about but I don't have the option to turn sync on..is there a chance that the problem is with google?because if I try to get into google play it just replies server error.

OK uuummm did u do erase every thing when you installed the rom or did u just wipe cache and delvik

juniorboi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
OK uuummm did u do erase every thing when you installed the rom or did u just wipe cache and delvik

I wiped data/factory reset, the cache partition, and the dalvik-cache..I still have the rom and gapps in my folder.You think starting all over again might work?

K

kobequintana

I wiped data/factory reset, the cache partition, and the dalvik-cache..I still have the rom and gapps in my folder.You think starting all over again might work?

Maby first u should check your account go to it in settings and tap it if all the boxes have no check marks tap the boxes if they do than yeaj

juniorboi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Maby first u should check your account go to it in settings and tap it if all the boxes have no check marks tap the boxes if they do than yeaj

I tried starting from the beginning and still have the server error problem. I love the new BACKside rom but I can't use it unless I can sync it all with my google account. When I went back to harmonia it worked fine so unfortunately Im just gonna have to Harmonia for awhile until I have time again to try to get it right. Thank you so much for all your help. I will get it figured out sometime.

K

kobequintana

I tried starting from the beginning and still have the server error problem. I love the new BACKside rom but I can't use it unless I can sync it all with my google account. When I went back to harmonia it worked fine so unfortunately Im just gonna have to Harmonia for awhile until I have time again to try to get it right. Thank you so much for all your help. I will get it figured out sometime.

If its only for that rom its probly a bug
Your welcome

Reactions: juniorboi

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
When flashing a rom you need to wipe, boot, cache, dalvik-cache, data, and system. Then reflash the rom, then flash the gapps, and finaly reboot.

mxnerd

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm newbie for Android, so please bear with me.

I try to following the easy install instruction but is stuck.

I downloaded and installed Clockworkmod ROM Manager (free version) here

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager&token=W3bq48Jj

But when I do the Vol-down, Home,Power button, it did boot into Clockworkmod Recovery mode on Optimus V. But entering into every menu selection only give me a Clockworkmod hat icon and doing nothing, however. And the only way I get out of it is pull the battery, I can't use the power button or power off menu selection at all.

Do I need to purchase the non-free version of Clockworkmod MOM Manager to make it work?

I already ran Gingerbreak and it's rooted (checked with Root Checker Basic, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&token=QdpnjuPo). Also got Flash Image GUI installed.

Have Mirage, Harmonia ROM alreday on SDCard.

Best,

Last edited:

LG_VM670

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm newbie for Android, so please bear with me.

I try to following the easy install instruction but is stuck.

I downloaded and installed Clockworkmod ROM Manager (free version) here

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager&token=dLm4B0n1

But when I do the Vol-down, Home,Power button, it did boot into Clockworkmod Recovery mode on Optimus V. But entering into every menu selection only give me a Clockworkmod hat icon and doing nothing, however. And the only way I get out of it is pull the battery, I can't use the power button or power off menu selection at all.

Do I need to purchase the non-free version of Clockworkmod MOM Manager to make it work?

I already ran Gingerbreak and it's rooted (checked with Root Checker Basic, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&token=2LVodQ0m). Also got Flash Image GUI installed.

Have Mirage, Harmonia ROM alreday on SDCard.

Best,

Never use rom manager
And use the camera button to select and volume buttons to go up and down

Song Of The Week
Song: End Of The Dream
Band: Evanescence
Album: Evanescence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdSIaDv7K74&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Reactions: mxnerd

mxnerd

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Never use rom manager
And use the camera button to select and volume buttons to go up and down

Thanks! I did not notice that I should use camera button for selection.

Tried MiRaGe ROM and failed (bluescreen error)

Then I tried Harmonia 2.09 and it's perfect. Up and running! Hope it will not give me too much trouble down the road.

Kudos to all developers!

Best,

Reactions: LG_VM670

meepzork

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone Im stuck and not sure how to proceed. I followed all the directions on page one and have booted the phone in to cyanogenmod. My problem is that if i start clicking around anywhere (app drawer, settings menu, moving icons on homescreen, etc..) the phone will freeze and reboot after about 30 seconds. If i let the phone sit without touching it, it keeps running.

Any ideas?

TaylordKris

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
sorry, noob here..

I installed it all, however do you know why it keeps freezing? could it be because of my ty hardware for the optimus V ? and I can't figure out why the play store isn't on here.

But the freezing, then turning off and back on comes and goes, would you happen to know why?

Thanks again guys!

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
sorry, noob here..

I installed it all, however do you know why it keeps freezing? could it be because of my ty hardware for the optimus V ? and I can't figure out why the play store isn't on here.

But the freezing, then turning off and back on comes and goes, would you happen to know why?

Thanks again guys!

The play store problem is probly you didn't flash gapps.... did you wipe every thing (factory reset FROM RECOVERY, dalvik, cache,etc)

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar